Pinnacle Grill First Night

CalGal254

Anyone know about this?

I had believed and seen on this board that the first night at Pinnacle Grill is 1/2 price or $10, but when I called HAL yesterday and asked about making a reservation for first night of our 8/30/06 cruise, I was told it's the same price as all other nights. Is this a relatively new policy? I'm kind of disappointed they've changed the deal, but guess all good things must come to an end.

Anyone know about this?

I had believed and seen on this board that the first night at Pinnacle Grill is 1/2 price or $10, but when I called HAL yesterday and asked about making a reservation for first night of our 8/30/06 cruise, I was told it's the same price as all other nights. Is this a relatively new policy? I'm kind of disappointed they've changed the deal, but guess all good things must come to an end.

i too remember seeing the 10 pp price for the first nite -- guess hal changed their policy -- i would suggest you call back again and ask the same question -- sometimes the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing or saying in seattle

HAL did change the policy - around the first of Feb. HAL did honor those who had called before that date and booked the Pinnacle on future cruises.

It definitely has had an impack on some ships and itineries. We ate at the Pinnacle the first night of our Alaskan cruise (not 1/2 off) and there were only 2 other couples there that night.

They did change the advance $10 first night reservation policy the first part of last year, I believe. However, once you were on board, you were able to make $10 reservations for the first night. Perhaps they've changed that also. It was available on the Noordam in May however.

Just came back from the Westerdam this week round trip to Alaska from Seattle. We had a SA suite and booked the Pinnacle Grill the first night and were told it was the same price $20 dollars per person. When I asked about being 1/2 price on the 1st night they said the policy had changed. I totally recommend the Pinnacle Grill. The food is much better than in the Vista Dinning Room.

It definitely has had an impack on some ships and itineries. We ate at the Pinnacle the first night of our Alaskan cruise (not 1/2 off) and there were only 2 other couples there that night.

we personally never ate there the first nite even with the savings--- that was the nite we met our d/r table mates for the first time and that was always something special to us

Anyone know about this?

They changed the half price for first night as of January 2006. Guess it was a promo to get people to see what it's like and now they have enough business they no longer need to promote it. If attendance drops they might reinstate it. Lunch is $10 and the menu seems very nice.

we personally never ate there the first nite even with the savings--- that was the nite we met our d/r table mates for the first time and that was always something special to us

I think most people either look forward to meeting their tablemates the first night or are too tired from the fly-in and/or time change, and opt for the Lido.

The $10 was a promo to introduce the venue on the least busy evening.

The Pinnacle Grill is one of the many reasons we enjoy HAL as much as we do.

On the Volendam this past February the first night was not offered ahead of time for $10. However, when we boarded the Volendam, there was a flyer in our cabin advertising the Pinnacle Grill for the first night for $10. Not sure if this is how its handled on all ships or if its offered when there aren't alot of reservations for the first evening, but that's how it was handled on our first night onboard the Volendam.

I'll bet the Pinnacle will now be empty on the first night. That one-half savings would have been the only incentive to book it after traveling to the pier that morning and then getting settled in onboard the first day. I think most people would sooner head to the dining room on the first night, or perhaps even the Lido for a quick bite if they are tired.

Betcha they'll change that policy back if they see the Pinnacle has few if any patrons on the first night at full price.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Pinnacle was busy the first night of both of our Maasdam cruises. So many TA's are giving free Pinnacle as incentive gifts that there are plenty of people who will take whatever booking they can get in order to have their free dinner at Pinnacle. If they tried to make reservations late and there were few bookings late, they will take first night rather than let their gift certificate go to waste IMO

Also, if there are not many bookings for first night, those AmEx Platinum people who have free for the first night will take the booking where in the past they were not able to get a reservation due to the half price offer.

I've always dined in Pinnacle on first night - makes for an elegant way to start my cruise. Have enjoyed the 1/2 price deal but I don't know that I'd change my 'tradition' just for the $10 difference...

Archived