semi-formal nights on celebrity

is a beaded jacket too much for semi formal night?

never been on a cruise but getting a charge out of buying all these fancy clothes. already picked up 2 floor length beaded dresses for formal night and just cant resist a beaded jacket or 2 to wear with chiffon fly away pants.

any thoughts?

:) Hi...I have been on Celebrity 3 times...and I enjoy getting all dressed up.

You can wear those beaded jackets and flyaways for sure:D . Informal for me, is still looking really pretty...maybe not a gown, but long skirt and pretty blouse or top to match....or nice black slacks with a sparkly top....

Even on casual evenings I try and look nice;)

Sounds like something I would wear too! Have a great time!!!

Just back from 12 nights on Millie. Wear anything you like. I left the really fancy good stuff home. It was fortunate. Delta lost my luggage. I was reduced to very casual stuff ( In my carry on) and did not feel out of place. Even on the formal night, I wore a simple black knit dress. It was fine. My hubby wore his suit with boat shoes ( his black shoes were in the lost luggage ) More than 80 peices of luggage were missing on our sailing. Next trip will be carry on.

if my luggage got lost after all the planning for my wardrobe on this cruise i would FREAK. i think it would ruin my trip. glad to hear you were able to have fun anyway. what does the airline do for you in a case like this. my husband said they reimburse but when each dress in my luggage costs 100 to 200 dollars, not to mention the other outfits, heck we're talking about 2 thousand bucks...cant bear to think about it.

Robie, insist that Celebrity security re-checks the terminals at the pier of embarkation. When we sailed Millie in 2000, cruisecritics also lost one piece of luggage that they did hand carry to the port so they knew it got there. Sure enough after 3 months of filing all kinds of insurance claims and finally getting a check (bag contained all of their formal wear), the luggage showed up in the terminal building.

Another packing tip, always pack one outfit for each dress occasion in your travel partner's suitcase and his in yours including shoes and Keep dress shoes with suit, formal gown, etc. just in case one piece of luggage gets lost.

Your beaded jacket will be great with pants. Wear the gowns for formal nights.

Bon Voyage

Archived