What are your favorite dinner wines on RCL?

I'd love to know which wines many of you prefer on RCL. I need to order some gifts and could use some ideas. I'm not looking at high dollar ones but would like to know they will be enjoyed. I'm just a Beringer white zin kind of person.

The two I tend to fall back on are the Cline Zinfandel and Faustino Rioja (depending on what's for dinner). Both are in the midrange price-wise, and very drinkable. I don't drink much white, so others will have to help you with those.

T

Anything red and in a bottle will do quite nicely :). I am a red wine drinker but I'm sure there are some drinkable whites onboard. Somebody posted a winelist a while back, damn thing has to be around here somewhere. :)

This is a good idea, I remember seeing a wine list before, I think. It was a pretty limited list from what I remember (as in not very diverse)

Our December cruise is our first one, but we will most definitely purchase a wine package as we will drink a bottle every night for sure. Although I think I might struggle to chose later on in the week, i like variety but remember seeing quite a few on that list that I would NOT choose!

This is a good idea, I remember seeing a wine list before, I think. It was a pretty limited list from what I remember (as in not very diverse)

Our December cruise is our first one, but we will most definitely purchase a wine package as we will drink a bottle every night for sure. Although I think I might struggle to chose later on in the week, I like variety but remember seeing quite a few on that list that I would NOT choose!

What are some on the NOT list? I don't drink much red wine so am always a little unsure of what I will like.

I do like the Mondavi Select Merlot but am certainly no wine expert. My friend likes the LaTerre Merlot but her husband can't make himself drink it.

If you are a white zin person and are looking to try something new, I would recommend the Columbia Reisling. I believe that they had it on the Mariner last year. Very sweet and easy to drink. I work in a restaurant and have recommended it to many white zin lovers and they all love it!

Personally, I love Brancott Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Really, I love just about any New Zealand SB, but I think that Brancott is all the RCCL carried. Tart, grapefruity goodness!

The Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc is wonderful, but they only have it in Chops and Portofino? But maybe you can order it

Also have to agree with MGoBlue2 that the Cline Zinfandel, is very good.

Living in Northern CA & so close to a couple of the best wine producing areas in the US, I guess I'm pretty spoiled. I'll order a couple bottles from a favorite vineyard in Napa & take them with me onboard the ship.

If you want to suprise your friends, why not get them a bottle or two from the Napa area & have them sent to your friends berfore they leave?

I searched high and low for a complete wine list, so I am proud to share these links to the most extensive, and official, list I've found:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/European_Wine_List.pdf

It was refreshing to see they do have a couple of really nice wines (Darioush, Opus One).

If you're talking about pre-ordering from RCI, your choices are limited to the Gifts & Gear offerings: here's the link to the wine cellar:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000V8WQExXuFXL0uv3oGIBNFXn:10ktdmqkf?catCode=WINE

I'll start with the caveat that I think the markups are horrific, but they are what they are. I think the higher end wines actually have the more reasonable markup. For whites, I like the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc (go to item no. 1425, which for some reason is a few dollars cheaper than no. 1227) – I have a bottle of that ordered for sailaway tomorrow. We're going to try the Footprint chardonnay one of these days, because it can't possibly be worse than the La Terre swill that is their house chardonnay (although DH finds it drinkable, I just can't). I've had the Woodbridge & Beringer chardonnays – they're ok, but at what RCI charges, I'd rather spend the extra $$ for a wine that I think is way better.

For reds: Rosemount Shiraz, Beringer Founder's estate Pinot Noir, LeBouef Beaujolais Village (very light, a good compromise between red (me) & white (DH) wine drinkers), Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot or the Blackstone Merlot are all tasty.

What are some on the NOT list? I don't drink much red wine so am always a little unsure of what I will like.

I do like the Mondavi Select Merlot but am certainly no wine expert. My friend likes the LaTerre Merlot but her husband can't make himself drink it.

Well, where do i start? :rolleyes: For white nothing too sweet or oaky. I just know what I like that's all :D

Sounds like my husband has similar tastes to you, and we enjoy the Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay. It's the very definition of a "buttery" chardonnay.

If you dine at Chops or Portofino's, pay heed to your server's recommendation. They always have some wonderful wines to try.

Enjoy your cruise!

I searched high and low for a complete wine list, so I am proud to share these links to the most extensive, and official, list I've found:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/European_Wine_List.pdf

It was refreshing to see they do have a couple of really nice wines (Darioush, Opus One).

Thanks. Looking at the list, it's the Beringer Pinot Noir that we liked.

Archived