When for Transatlantic?

BlondyX

It is nice to hear that everyone on this thread really enjoyed their Transatlantic cruises.

I went on the Millenium from Ft.Lauderdale- Barcelona in May of 2005 and it was really an adventure. I loved it.

I liked going east because I was going to Europe- how exciting. If I was going West- that would mean each day I was getting closer to work and home! Yuck.

In any event, the Southern route was smooth as glass. I was surprized how smooth. I have been in the North Atlantic and it was very rough.

So I would highly recommend the eastern/south Atlantic route. Just my experience was so great on that ship.

HI MOMOFMEG!!! The CONNIE is nice...but...have you seen the hurricane activity in the North Atlantic in mid September??? Don't look now but...two of them are starting up even as we speak. THANKS...but I will stay with November and the JEWEL OF THE SEAS!!!

YEP-I went to Bermuda on the original Pacific Princess (No Julie and Gopher around though) in late Sept. 2002 in the remains of Floyd. That little ship only held 600 PAX and we were in 25 foot waves!!

You have a good time on the JOS! I still hope to cruise her one day-maybe for an 8 day caribbean cruise!

All you other guys do have me excited about next year! How am I going to be able to wait???????????

THANKS MOM!!! You will have a great time on the CONNIE...we do love the Millenium Class ships of X. OBTW...the prices on JOS are equally exciting and there are some suites available...just to let the others know.

HI ANDREW!!! How are things??? I am sure we will run into you one of these days!!!

HI POST CAPTAIN!!! Yes...the seas can be exciting on the North Atlantic. I have crossed it 6 times and found it different every time. Going through a hurricane is another matter. I have done it and I do not recommend it for anyone. 75 foot trench waves and 100 mph winds do not make for an enjoyable cruise!!! LOL!!!

ROSS

THANKS MOM!!! You will have a great time on the CONNIE...we do love the Millenium Class ships of X. OBTW...the prices on JOS are equally exciting and there are some suites available...just to let the others know.

HI ANDREW!!! How are things??? I am sure we will run into you one of these days!!!

HI POST CAPTAIN!!! Yes...the seas can be exciting on the North Atlantic. I have crossed it 6 times and found it different every time. Going through a hurricane is another matter. I have done it and I do not recommend it for anyone. 75 foot trench waves and 100 mph winds do not make for an enjoyable cruise!!! LOL!!!

ROSS

Well when we were on the old Pacific Princess-the captain skirted around Floyd and we still had 25 foot waves-but I imagine 75 foot waves on the Connie could not be any worse-that was such a little and old ship!!!!!!!

We are also booked for the Constellation westbound in Sept '07. I prefer westbounds because I can see as much as I can fit in while in Europe and then relax while going transatlantic so I am not exhausted when I return to work.

As for the price, yes it was great, but it is rising. I guess the ship is filling up.

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses!! Good to know that I can't go wrong with either one. :)

My DP is a medic and has to put in for vacation time in January so I think we will book for Eastbound and if we can't get the time for that we'll do the West!

Her first cruise was Alaska, so the rougher seas will be fun!

Thanks again.

We are also booked for the Constellation westbound in Sept '07. I prefer westbounds because I can see as much as I can fit in while in Europe and then relax while going transatlantic so I am not exhausted when I return to work.

As for the price, yes it was great, but it is rising. I guess the ship is filling up.

Dale, you should come and join our fabulous roll call for the Connie 07 TA. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7690812#post7690812

If you will look in my signature you'll see a link to a really great website that bob278 has set up for this cruise. We have over 139 active cruisers so far.:D

Garry

Archived