Tip Help please

milichnj

HAL automatically places $10 a day per person onto your shipboard account. Of that amount $3.50 goes to your cabin steward and $3.50 to your dining room steward and his assistent. The other $3 id divided among the chefs, laundry people, etc - they get get just pennies out of that that.

Any time you order sodas, drinks, wine, a 15% gratuity is auotmatically placed on that bill.

If you chose to remove the auto tips, anything that you give to anyone will automatically go into a pool and be divided among everyone. There is form you sign near the end of the cruise if you wish to do this. The crew are given the names of the people who sign to drop the auto tips and they are on their honor to turn in those tips.

Now, on the other hand, should you leave the auto tips in place, and many of us do, you are permitted to tip those individuals extra and they are allowed to keep that extra money - it doesn't have to go into a pool.

We always tip extra. JMO

I am so sorry for your loss. I can`t begin to imagine the loss of a child.

HALs new tipping policy is $10 pp per day added to your onboard account. This covers your DR crew, your cabin steward and behind the scenes crew. 15 % will also be added to any bar bills...........jean:cool:

So sorry to read about the loss of your child. My cruise next month is a gift from my dad. He's been gone five years and Mom finally sold his beloved fishing boat. She divided up the proceeds among us kids and told us to do something for ourselves with the money, meaning not pay tuition or fix the roof.

Try to use your time away to think about how your child enriched your life rather than the hole you feel in your hearts.

Henry Van Dyke wrote in his book, A Parable of Immortality about the death of a loved one:

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!'

Gone where? Gone from my sight ... that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, 'There she goes!' there are other eyes watching her coming and their voices ready to take up the glad shouts 'Here she comes!

I'm sure your sense of loss is great. The sea has an amazing ability to heal us and allow us to go on with our lives. I admire the strength you are showing by taking this step. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. You must be devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Three months after my husband died I took a cruise. He had never wanted to do the Canada/New England cruise and I always had, so I did. I can't say that the ocean washed away all pain but that cruise certainly helped me in the healing process. I learned that I can go on and I met some wonderful people and visited some lovely places.

God bless you and have a wonderful cruise, knowing that you are not alone. May your angels be with you as you grieve.

Valerie:)

Milichnj,

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on your loss and I hope that the cruise will be beneficial in your return to everyday life. I admit that I have no idea how I would cope if we lost one of our precious children.

Are you cruising on the Veendam as we are also departing on the 24th September?

Jennie

Henry Van Dyke wrote in his book, A Parable of Immortality about the death of a loved one:

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!'

Gone where? Gone from my sight ... that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, 'There she goes!' there are other eyes watching her coming and their voices ready to take up the glad shouts 'Here she comes!

I'm sure your sense of loss is great. The sea has an amazing ability to heal us and allow us to go on with our lives. I admire the strength you are showing by taking this step. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

What a wonderful quote this is. I'll remember it and share it when I find

someone who needs it. Henry Van Dyke was a special person, and everything

he wrote was inspired.......Mimi

Archived