Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

$65 Priceline winning bid @ Holiday Inn Crown Plaza in San Pedro, CA - Fri. 3/6/09 for 1 night - with taxes & fees, just under $82 - that's a 50% saving over the lowest published rate of $152 + taxes.

Parking & hi-speed internet access not included and are extra.

We did this several days ago & very happy with it, cancelled our Best Western reservation made 2 months ago at nearby location (total @ $105 with taxes).

Initially, we bid 3.5 stars for San Pedro area only at $60 and was rejected. Changed it to 3 stars and for San Pedro only at $65 and the re-submitted bid was accepted, and, it's the CP on the waterfront - priceline message was that we got a free upgrade to 3.5 stars @ $65.

Check in 9/23/09 3 pm

Check out 9/25/09 noon

1 room for 2 nights

Bid of $ 98.00 per night for total of $ 196.00

Taxes/Fees $ 39.02

Total $ 235.02

Quoted price from Hyatt website and priceline's buy it now cost were both at $ 249.00 per night plus taxes etc.

After spending a lot of time checking out hotels in San Pedro, I gave Priceline a shot. 4/9/09 1 night for $65. Can't beat that!

Jay

Are you willing to provide the rest of the details of your quote?

Stars.................3-1/2?

Location.............San Pedro Area?

I have seen some recent posts that Priceline might not recognize the 3-1/2 star rating for SP, instead they lower it to 3?

Thanks,

Les

Was hoping for the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for proximity but got the Westin Long Beach instead. Seems like a nice place and we have a rental car too boot so should not be an issue.

Date: April 25th 2009

Number of nights: 1 (post cruise)

Hotel: Westin Long Beach

Rating: 4 star

Area: Long Beach

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $97

Taxes & Service Fees: $ 18.00

Was the rental car part of your bid? What car company are you using? My previous research showed only Enterprise near San Pedro available on Sundays. (and they charge a 1 way drop off fee). Thanks!

Are you willing to provide the rest of the details of your quote?

Stars.................3-1/2?

Location.............San Pedro Area?

I have seen some recent posts that Priceline might not recognize the 3-1/2 star rating for SP, instead they lower it to 3?

Thanks,

Les

Sorry about that-

Date: 4/9/09 Thursday

Number of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3 star

Area: San Pedro

Winning Bid: $65

Taxes & Service Fees: $ 13.66

Total: $78.66

List price on crowneplaza.com $136 + tax

I put my bidding for a 3.5* in San Pedro. Everything I read here and other sites showed that there are only two 3 or 3.5* hotels on PL in San Pedro- Doubletree and Crowne Plaza. Turns out what everyone said was probably right since I got one of the 2.

Jay

I believe some people have discussed 3 stars in San Pedro on HOTWIRE and others 3 stars or 3 1/2 stars in San Pedro on PRICELINE. There may be some confusion as to who is bidding what on which site.

And I'm confused as to what hotel a previous poster was referring to as a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. What is that all about?

And I'm confused as to what hotel a previous poster was referring to as a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. What is that all about?

Crowne Plaza is part of the InterContinental group, as is Holiday Inn. Some people refer to a Crowne Plaza, as a fancy Holiday Inn.

Search using the www.ichotelsgroup.com (for San Pedro, CA) and you will see that the corporate parents owned many brands, including Holiday Inn, HI Express and Crown Plaza. Over the years, many of us come to know & recognize the CP as the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza chains or group of upscale HI hotels. We bid & won the CP - refer to as the Crown Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles Harbor Hotel at 601 S. PALOS VERDES ST, it's rated as a 3.5 stars hotel (but 3 stars by Travelocity) Practically everyone posting here refer to this one - 4 blocks from the cruise pier & free hotel shuttle.

Nearby, there is also a Holiday Inn San Pedro/Los Angeles Harbor, less than 1 mile away or about 12 blocks - a 5 minute drive at 111 S. GAFFEY STREET - rated also 3 stars by Travelocity. It's a bit further away from the cruise pier and still very easy to get to/from. Not sure if this one is available via priceline.com and whether anyone has written on this one recently.

Just picked this up today:

Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Stars: **** (4 star)

Dates: 10/08/2009 one night

Bid: $85

Tax/Fee $18.90

Total: $103.90

Looks like Hotwire had it for $129, so seems like a fair price.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Date: May 23

Number of nights: 1 (pre-cruise)

Hotel: Sheraton Seattle

Rating: 4 star

Area: Seattle Downtown

Winning Bid: $75

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.69

I submitted 4 bids in total.

1st - Seattle Downtown area only, 4 star, $70 - rejected

2nd - added Seattle Center, $72 - rejected

3rd - added Seattle Airport, $74 - rejected

4th - added Renton-Kent, $75 - accepted

How many stars for Seattle Sheraton and Red Lion. See people are getting good prices but do not know how many stars to ask for. Thanks for help.

Dottie

When I placed my bid on Priceline, I chose 4 star downtown (plus some other places but with lower star hotel ratings) and got the Sheraton.

I started with 3 star SEA area, 5/20 to 5/21. $35 bid was rejected. Increased bid to $40 and added 2-1/2 stars to search. I won Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport (3*, go figure) for $40.00, total with tax $53.07.

My first PriceLine win - that was fun!

Liz