Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 3 weeks later...
I am so excited. First time ever using Priceline and we got the Double-Tree in San Pedro for a first time bid of $65. For Sept 24th. I will now be using this for all our hotel reservations in future. Thank you to CC posters for all your information. How did I ever cruise and plan holidays without all the wonderful tips and information gleemed from these boards. Edited by huggs

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange]Priceline bid of $60 got us the Westin, Long Beach for one night Oct 23. Tax of $13.02 for a total of $73.02. Reg price for the hotel that night $238 plus tax:eek:. Not a bad deal:D.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just wanted to report back on our Seattle and Vancouver hotels we stayed at recently.

For Seattle we won the Coast Gateway Hotel at SEATAC. It was only $40 plus taxes, had a courtesy van, and a free breakfast. The hotel was just fine. They even had free washer/dryers if you stayed a while and needed to do laundry. We would stay there anytime we go back to Seattle to catch a cruise. Next morning we were taken to the ship by Seattle Express which makes stops at the Coast Hotel, and it was only $12 per person. (Do make a reservation, though) We didn't have a lot of time in Seattle so decided not to try for a downtown hotel. It all worked out great. 3 star SEATAC.

Then in Vancouver we got the Hyatt Regency on Burrard Street. This is a perfect location as it's only 5 blocks or so from Canada Place. We walk a lot and were centrally located so were able to walk to Granville Island, Stanley Park (you can rent bikes there or take the Trolley around the park), Chinatown, Robson Street shops and restaurants, the seawall at English Bay. The hotel is quite nice, and the Skytrain is right next door. A shopping mall is attached to the hotel. The Hyatt was won for only $90 plus taxes, 4 star downtown.

Good luck on your bids!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Priceline.
Got 2 rooms at the 3.5* San Pedro-Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel pre cruise for one night on April 1st 2011 for $65 each plus tax. $157 total. Still looking for info on best LAX hotel for return leg on April 9th. Want to stay near LAX due to early flight out on 10th but since we are there for 24 hours after getting off the ship I would like to find something to do, somewhere to go on that day.

[quote name='two4theroad']Still looking for info on best LAX hotel for return leg on April 9th. Want to stay near LAX due to early flight out on 10th but since we are there for 24 hours after getting off the ship I would like to find something to do, somewhere to go on that day.[/QUOTE]

Probably best asked in a separate thread...but, I'll answer here for you anyway...'

IMHO, the best option for a hotel near LAX is the Radisson in Culver City:

[url]http://www.radisson.com/culvercityca[/url]

Why? It is NOT in the strip of hotels right under the runway along Century Boulevard...Those hotels have nothing near them except industrial airport-related blight...

The Radisson is actually a couple of miles NORTH of the airport in an area with shops, movie theaters and restaurants...yet it still has a FREE airport shuttle and a direct route to the terminals without using the freeways...You've got a major, recently renovated shopping mall right across the freeway:

[url]http://westfield.com/culvercity/[/url]

Another shopping/restaurant/movie theater complex right up the street:

[url]http://www.hhpromenade.com/[/url]

An eclectic local institution of a diner right actross the street:

[url]http://www.dinahsrestaurant.com/[/url]

A local bus line that can take you to various Westside attractions:

[url]http://www.culvercity.org/Government/Transportation/Bus.aspx[/url]

A major movie studio nearby:

[url]http://www.sonypicturesstudiostours.com/[/url]

Definitely beats any of the hotels right at LAX...

[quote name='carib4us']Anyone know what 3 star downtown in San diego is?[/quote]
Could be:
Courtyard by Marriott
Hilton San Diego Airport
Holiday Inn Downtown
Holiday Inn on the Bay
or any of several others not yet reported on one of the following sites.

Your best source of information is betterbidding or bidding for travel (not as up-to-date recently) for any priceline or hotwire info. Only betterbidding gives you Hotwire info.:) Edited by TenerifeSharon

Is it true that PL gives you the designated smoking rooms? We are looking at the CP in San Pedro, but would hate to be stuck in a smoking room... or are they really that bad smelling? If you have booked and stayed thru PL, any comment on this would be appreciated.

Also, we have 4 people-- is it really hard to get a room with 2 beds in it if we book thru PL?
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of bids being mentioned for US cities. How about Europe, especially Barcelona.

Has anyone had any luck at getting hotels in Europe for a good rate? Last yera I bid for Baecelona and got Silken Gran Havana hotel for $86...it was great. No luck bidding this year so I booked direct for $120. The rate is now $256, glad I booked last June for our 2011 cruise from Barcelona.

Marion

[quote name='Mparis184']Lots of bids being mentioned for US cities. How about Europe, especially Barcelona.

Has anyone had any luck at getting hotels in Europe for a good rate? Last yera I bid for Baecelona and got Silken Gran Havana hotel for $86...it was great. No luck bidding this year so I booked direct for $120. The rate is now $256, glad I booked last June for our 2011 cruise from Barcelona.

Marion[/quote]
I would check on the Europe forums
Also better bidding dot com is a better place to see what is coming up for those destinations
We got a good deal for AMS this year by watching BB site
Lyn

Thanks Lyn,

I also check that site but I wanted to see if any cruisers were using Priceline for their European hotel rooms. There are a lot of TA's heading into and out of Barcelona these days and many of us are spending a few nights in Barcelona pre or post cruise, their hotel prices are high.

Marion

[quote name='Mparis184']Thanks Lyn,

I also check that site but I wanted to see if any cruisers were using Priceline for their European hotel rooms.

Marion[/quote]
I am not sure many going to Europe would post here in the [B]West Coast[/B] thread ;)