RCCL Elevator Music

PVDCruiser

Ok, this might very well be the dumbest thread eve, but I thought this might be a "valuable" service to other crusiers.

The Story:

On the Navigator, there were two elevator music songs that always seemed to be playing. Unfortunately, I never found out what they are. These songs stayed in my head and tortured me for nearly two months after the cruise until they were played back-to-back on Launchcast Internet Radio. So, I thought other cruisers might be in the same boat, so I wanted to compile a list of RCCL's elevator music.

I'll start with the two songs:

Like You - Bow Wow ft. Ciara

I'm Sprung - T-Pain

Anyways, sorry if this is completely pointless! :D

Ok, this might very well be the dumbest thread eve, but I thought this might be a "valuable" service to other crusiers.

The Story:

On the Navigator, there were two elevator music songs that always seemed to be playing. Unfortunately, I never found out what they are. These songs stayed in my head and tortured me for nearly two months after the cruise until they were played back-to-back on Launchcast Internet Radio. So, I thought other cruisers might be in the same boat, so I wanted to compile a list of RCCL's elevator music.

I'll start with the two songs:

Like You - Bow Wow ft. Ciara

I'm Sprung - T-Pain

Anyways, sorry if this is completely pointless! :D

Sorry no Bow Wow in my book. I'm not ready for Lawrence Welk just yet but definitely not Bow Wow!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices stuff like this! I noticed a year or so ago on the Mariner that "Follow Me" by the Pat Metheney Group was in the rotation - kept hearing it all week. Not a bad thing though.

Funny, I didn't notice it this last time on the Explorer. Now I will remember to listen on the next cruise on the Serenade in November!

A WHAT????on the floor! I've never noticed this!

BTW - are you sleeping any better yet Carol?

Nope. Today, went to bed at 5 (!), woke up at 11, wide awake, and here I am. :(

IF I can get back to sleep by 2-ish, I *may* be able to be on track for the next three school days................ :(

Since the topic is about the unimportant things that we think about, here is one to think about.

Which way are the day of the week elevator carpet signs supposed to face?

The back, so people coming in know what day it is....?

The front, so people riding know what day it is....?

LOL, I have seen them both ways so I figured it is just the RCCL staff messing with us all.

Mike:D

I recall them as facing the other way: You can read them when you are facing towards the door, waiting to get off.

They just recarpeted the Grandeur of the Seas and they did away with the day of the week carpets. I really missed them.
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always notice the music playing on a cruise. I do not mean the Calypso type music on Caribbean cruises, either.

The music that plays continually in the halls, elevators, gift shop, common areas, etc....

It ALWAYS includes a recent hit. For example, on my 04 Alaskan cruise, it was The Reason by Hoobastank. They played it over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, whenever I hear this song - what do I think of? My Alaskan cruise on Serenade.

On my last cruise, the song was by Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten. It was played constantly! When I got home, I bought her CD and it reminds me of that cruise. That's not why I bought it- I did because I like it!!

As far as the days of the week floor panels - on my last cruise someone asked the question at the Captain Q & A - "How do you change the days of the week in the elevators?"

The chief engineer sat there a second and said, "What? We don't change the floor panels! We change the elevators!"

That was funny. Especially the way he said it - dead serious. It was a good reply to the bonehead question. DOH!!!

SeaBreezy

(IMPORTANT:**Skip reading this if you wish to continue believing in the elevator-day-plate fairy**:) )

Haha on the Navigator a friend and I were curious as to how the day plates change, so we hopped in the elevator at midnight and didn't push any buttons for a while. Nothing happened. Finally we pushed Deck 0, and sure enough, when we got down to Deck 0 there was a crew member with a butter knife who popped out the old plate and put in the new one with the next day's plate that they had stored in a big ol' shopping cart. Needless to say he was extremely surprised to see us, I think he jumped back a little. He quickly got over it, donned a sheepish smile, and did his job.

Haha I just had to do it once. That's the big secret.

The only thing I remember about the elevators is:

1. How long you had to wait to get one.

2. Once you got on one the days of the week.

3. The nice english woman that told you what floor. (you ended up talking like her by the end of the cruise.

and

4. The dopes that tried to jam on the elevator after there were already 10 people on it.

The only thing I remember about the elevators is:

1. How long you had to wait to get one.

2. Once you got on one the days of the week.

3. The nice english woman that told you what floor. (you ended up talking like her by the end of the cruise.

and

4. The dopes that tried to jam on the elevator after there were already 10 people on it.

Yes! I can hear her now.

"Dick Seven":D "Dick Ten":D

Archived