Onboard - what officer/staff is responsible for what?

happy cruzer

Hi, I'm sorry if someone has explained this before but my question is:

How do you know who to talk to if you have a question or compliant while onboard?

does anyone have an equivalent of an org chart to show who takes care of what? Say you have a problem with your cabin steward who do you talk to or in the Lido or in the dining room, or arranging an activity or meeting or any number of unforeseen questions, it would be nice to know how the officers and staff are organized to know who to talk too.

Right now I guess I would always look for Guest Relations Manager but what if they were not helpful???

Any experinced HAL cruisers, know who does what?

Great question.

From my experience, if I had a problem with my cabin steward I would take out my cell phone and call Stein Kruse.....:D Kidding, of course.

Problem with cabin steward which could not be settled with a conversation with him, I would request to meet with Head Housekeeper or Guest Relations Manager. If the problem continued, I'd speak with Hotel Manager.

Problem in Lido.......Culinary Operations Manager. Problem continued, Hotel Manager.

Problem in Dining Room........Supervisor for our dining section. Problem continued, Maitre d'. (I think they have a new title these days-----Dining Room Manager). Problem continued, Guest Relations Manager. Problem continued, Hotel Manager.

Problem with bartender/bar steward.......Bar Supervisor. Problem continued, Bar Manager. Problem continued, Hotel Manager.

Problem with Hotel Manager......Oh, don't go there!!! ;)

Great Listing sail7seas!

Who do you contact if you have a problem with the folks at the Shore Excursion Desk? (We had a problem on an NCL cruise and ended up talking to the Port & Cruise Consultant...who took good care of us. But since HAL doesn't have a Port & Cruise Consultant, or so I've read, who would we go to?)

Debjo (being a worried "cruise mom" with the "newbies" cruising with me next)

Great Listing sail7seas!

Who do you contact if you have a problem with the folks at the Shore Excursion Desk? (We had a problem on an NCL cruise and ended up talking to the Port & Cruise Consultant...who took good care of us. But since HAL doesn't have a Port & Cruise Consultant, or so I've read, who would we go to?)

Debjo (being a worried "cruise mom" with the "newbies" cruising with me next)

The Shore Excursion Manager heads that Dept. If you have problems with him/her, I would hook up with the Guest Relations Manager. HAL has someone called a Port Lecturer but he/she has nothing to do with Shorex. If you can't get the issue resolved with the GSM, go to the H/M

We have had to go to the Guest Relations manager several times over problems. That person can handle a multitude of problems.

Thank God I've never had a problem on a HAL ship that necessitated going to these levels, but I too was gonna say the Guest Relations Manager for just about anything. He/she has an office right near the purser's desk and is supposedly readily accessible to passengers. I'd start there and then let him/her refer me to someone more appropriate, if necessary.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Is it just me and my DW that found the Front Office to be the worst run part of the ship?

I had, or I should say, thought I had booked the Renewal of Vows package directly with HAL in Seattle by fax. I had e-mailed asking for confirmation and got a reply eventually saying that they had my order and would process it in due course.

On boarding the ship at Vancouver on Sat aft (9/9) we noticed that our Shorex tickets were in our room but no mention of the ROV. We went straight down to the Front Office to enquire. To cut a long story short it took a daily visit and various phone calls to finally book it onboard. We spoke to several different people who all seem to have a communication problem as they won't talk to each other. We had met some lovely people on our tour prior to the cruise and wanted to invite them to the ceremony but that was not easy as we had to give the list twice then the invitations didn't go out until the day of the ceremony with our names being "Mr & Mrs ?????". Then we had to chase up the photo album that was part of the package and we were charged for the Pinnacle Grill which is included in the ROV package.

Can I hasten to add that the ceremony itself was beautiful and so well done by Captain van Biljouw that the hassle was somewhat diminished. However an e-mail will be winging it's way to Seattle shortly expressing our dissatisfaction in the Front Office dealing of this.

Lloyd

DH and I always joke that if we have to go to the Front Desk we are in trouble because it hardly ever goes well. that's why I asked the original question so that I would understand who to talk to beside the front desk which I am convinced is trained in saying "NO" or later. Of course if you are there for the ordinary of dropping comments, etc. they are very nice.

Here's hoping for no more trips to the front desk or guest relations manager.

thanks for helping me understand my options!

Archived