Spirit Class Cabin 4241 AFT Balcony Cabin Review

Wennfred

The 8C balcony is deeper not wider. It matched up to the width of my wrap around which was at least a foot and half or maybe 2 deeper than the side ones.

From the pictures, it doesn't appear to be more than 1 1/2 foot deeper. I know that the 8A is barely enough depth to sit in a chair up right. You can extend your feet out by any means let alone let someone walk by you. With that said, it sure is good to have any type of balcony.:D

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of furniture is on the balcony, we are on Spirit aft balcony. I'm wondering if it's just chairs or if there is a lounger?

Thanks

Nancy

On the Spirit in Dec. 2005, our balcony had two chairs, and I believe, a little plastic table. Not really enough room for a chaise lounge.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of furniture is on the balcony, we are on Spirit aft balcony. I'm wondering if it's just chairs or if there is a lounger?

Thanks

Nancy

On these small balconies you get 2 while plastic chairs and a white plastic table.

• 4 weeks later...

a well deserved bump for fantastic pics & info on Spirt aft cabins!

many thanks to the OP; switched our cabin from 5th deck to 4 based on the descriptions...hoping for a bit more privacy between the cabins with what appears to be less sloping divider.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the pics and advice!! :D I'm in aft balcony 5268 on the Pride this September. I've never had an aft balcony and I can't wait!! :D Is there anything I should worry about on the Upper Deck? Noise, wind, size of the balcony, crap falling on us from above (or anywhere else), etc?

Thanks so much for all your help!! :D I love this thread!! :D

• 2 months later...
Is there anything I should worry about on the Upper Deck? Noise, wind, size of the balcony, crap falling on us from above (or anywhere else), etc?

Thanks so much for all your help!! :D I love this thread!! :D

No noise from above, infact once you shut the balcony door you won't hear a thing.

Fred

• 1 month later...

We are cruising the Spirit in MArch. Since you are the "local expert", if you had a choise of an aft balcony on the Spirit what would your choises be ( in order) There will be 3 of us. I have a guarantee now but want to book an aft once I decide. Still some open!:)

Thankd for the help!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

I was in cabin 4232 on the Spirit just last month in Alaska.. It was my 2nd time in an aft cabin on deck 4 of the Spirit. I was lucky to get hte wrap suite in 2004.

I love that deck as the overhang prevents those above from looking down on your balcony. It provides more shade and wind block as well as the fantastic view.

The balcony had 2 chairs and a small table and plenty of room to walk around, more so that the standard balcony has..

I will be on the Spirit again in April 2008 on deck 5 this time. It will be interesting to see what difference if any on that deck. Since I have a group of 30+ cabins all wanting aft we had to take it as it accomidates more double occupany aft than the other decks.

Once your been aft you always go back =)

Thanks!

Do those accomodate 3? I'm going to look now..

Happy Cruising~

Donna

The schmatics don't show 4228 or 4237 as a 3 person cabins. For that matter only the wrap on deck 7 shows it is a triple.

There was a sofa in 4228 that could be used for a 3rd, you would need to speak to your TA or a CCL rep to see if they would allow it on deck 4.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm considering at an aft balcony on the Pride in February. It looks like this might be a good choice because it sounds like they are warmer and more protected and the weather can be dicey this time of year going out of LA.

The aft wraparounds are Cat 11, correct? So to get that lovely balcony, we'd be spending about $1,000 more than for a "regular" aft balcony. As nice as those aft wraparounds look, I just can't justify that extra expense.

What would possibly work would be to get the girls together and book 8273 (wraparound) and 8275 (regular aft) that both sleep 3. Open up the balcony so that all can share and split the cost a little more evenly. Hmmmm. I'll have to start twisting some arms!

• 2 weeks later...
Cabin 4241 has the flagpool just to your right when looking out on the balcony. Any problems with noise as it flaps? Does it block your views? Is it up all the time? Thanks

You won't even notice that the flag pole is up and infront of you, doesnt really block your view and you will not hear the flag luffing in the wind. When you open your balcony door you will hear the loud white water sound of the water as the props kick it back but as soon as you close the balcony door it goes dead silence.

They only fly the flag while in port, under way they take it down.

Fred

I just booked 4239 on the Spirit for 1/17/08. After looking at some posted pictures, it doesn't look like the connecting door into 4237 will be in the way of anything. Looks like it will be a great cabin !! 4241 was no longer available as of last night - they go fast.

Hi Donna,

If I was to book a Aft cabin again on the Spirit it would be either 4228 or 4237, the wrap around cabins. So that you can get a breeze from the side of the ship.

Fred

We have booked 4237 for Alaska next Sept..The aft wrap we had on our last trip was really nice..But it lacked an overhang so we got rained on a few times..We booked the main deck because it had a substantial overhang and we could stay pretty dry while ejoying our balcony.

Kelly

Hi,

Thanks

Nancy

There were 2 metal chairs and a table..The backs of the chairs could be adjusted so you could lean back and put your feet on the rail..:)

Kelly

I now know who one of my neighbors will be. I'm in 4237! Nice to meet you. Hope to meet you in person on board. We've been on Spirit twice before. When we did Alaska, we had the wraparound on the next deck up, I think 5295? From what I've been reading, 4237 has the nice big overhang. For Alaska, it was nice having the sun to keep us warm. It did rain a couple of times, buy never for very long. It certainly was an awesome place to view the scenery, especially in the inside passage. I was worried that it would be too warm to do Mexico, but everyone has assured me that the overhang really helps. See you in Jan.

Cheryl

Archived