Which balcony is larger - caribe balcony or mini suite on Star?

manlie

I know I have read this somewhere before but my agent just called and said we could book a mini suite for $40 less than our caribe balcony. We spend most of our time on the balcony so the size is very important. I know I have read the information before, but the search for Princess does not seem to be working today. I know it is completely open, but I don't think that will be an issue, it is more the size I am concerned about. She said we need to act quickly, so any quick responses would be greatly appreciated!

The caribe balcony is larger. It is half covered, half uncovered. Mini suite on the dolphin deck is completely uncovered and half the size of the caribe balcony. There are also a few minis on the emerald deck that are covered but again, half the size of of the caribe balconies.

The balcony is bigger on Caribe and is half covered and half uncovered. However, the cabin is bigger for the mini suite with a sofa and 2 tv's and a bigger bathroom that has a tub shower that's bigger. The balcony is totally uncovered. The balcony is just as wide, it's just not as deep, maybe by one panel. That is only the case if it's on the dolphin deck.

For the extra space I would take the mini and have the slightly smaller balcony. It's still very big and you can enjoy it fully. There will be a table and 2 chairs and 2 lounging chairs on the balcony. We've been in a minisuite twice on the Golden and spend a lot of time out on our balconies and it was perfect.

The caribe balcony is larger. It is half covered, half uncovered. Mini suite on the dolphin deck is completely uncovered and half the size of the caribe balcony. There are also a few minis on the emerald deck that are covered but again, half the size of of the caribe balconies.

I disagree that the balcony is half the size. There is one extra panel on the balcony divider and that's it. We've been in a mini suiteon the dolphin deck and then a penthouse suite on caribe on the Star as well as in our friend's balcony cabin on caribe and the depth of the balcony wasn't twice as deep.

Hi, I'll be on Caribe deck for the week of 11/25. Does anyone know what furniture will be on the balcony? I assumed that there would be a table and 2 chairs, but will there be two loungers as well?

If you look around here you will find a thread that shows the new furniture on the Star and other grand class ship.

I agree with Mafig's estimate. The biggest balconies on the Star are the Caribe, with the minis being a close second. Here is picture from webshots, note the lowest deck is the Dolphin, and the full balcony is visible; it has a standard door panel and a wide curved edge panel. Next deck up is the Caribe, and the center panel is only partly visible (its the one with the horizontal bar)-next to that is the 'door panel' and then the bulkhead of the ship, so there are three panels used on Caribe balconies. Standard door panel and curved edge panel shown clearly on the Lido balcony, same as on Aloha and Baja.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1068321042045563523nUpqXS

Yes, these pictures were taken before the fire, and I am assuming the sizes stayed the same in the repair.

You are all amazing for posting so quickly! I think we will take the minisuite.

Mafig - You wouldn't happen to know the dimensions of the carnival valor balcony would you? That is the only ship we have been on, so the only balcony I have reference for.

Keep in mind that if you are A smoker or like to have pre-dinner drinks on your balcony and it rains you won't be able to on the dolphin deck or any fully exposed balcony cabin, But on the Caribe deck balcony at least it is half covered so you won't get wet....

We were so glad we had the Caribe half covered balcony as it did rain on our last cruise and booked it again for 2007, But if more cabin space is your thing than book the dolphin Mini suite.....

Archived