Cabin Nos. 6090;6093;7116;7121;8066;8069

Liat

These are the rear facing cabins which appear to be categories B1(6090 and 6093); and A2 (7116;7121;8066 and 8069.)

If anyone has had these cabins, can you tell me: Are they really larger than the standard veranda stateroom? They look like it on the brochure Deck Plan.

Are they priced as all other B1 and A2 staterooms respectively? And finally, did you enjoy these staterooms, or was there a downside (or two) compared to a normal midships stateroom?

We are considering one of these for a Transatlantic repositioning where a view of any ports is not really a major consideration.

Thanks.

Phil & Edith

P.S. We have done two Oceania's - one from Manaus to Barbados and the other from Istanbul to Athens.

We booked 6093 for the second time. We had always sailed in the middle of the ship, but decided to try the back as the agent told us the balconies were bigger. They certainly are - the width is no different than the other balcony cabins, but they are several feet deeper than the other balcony cabins, as they have to be the same depth as the owners' suites between which they are located.

The negative side is that the balcony is solid metal so you have to look over it to see the water instead of through it, as with the balconies on the side. We still had no trouble looking over the balcony, while sitting.

Also, the back and front of the ships rock more than the center while sailing.

Had 7116 on our last cruise and booked for our next cruise. The cabin is the same size as all other veranda cabins but the veranda is deeper by a few feet. We love it back there, obviously. DH thought we had more noise than a regular cabin might during docking.

All of the balconies on those particular staterooms on Oceania are different..the staterooms on deck 6 are MUCH bigger, the ones on deck 7 are a few feet bigger and deck 8, I would not consider as it is under the outdoor eating area..staerooms are exactly the same size on all of them.

Jan

LHT28's message referred to an area to "search" I assume to see if a particular room number has a review. Is this correct? If so where? Or mayber I didn't understand it. Any help is appreciated. LHT...I couldn't find an email to ask you directly. We are booked Regatta....but in a category not discussed a lot. So naturally I am very interested in any thoughts on it. Room 4021. Any comments appreciated.

Hi Liat,

We had Cabins No. 7121 and 7116 on our past cruises. We love those cabins, but I wanted to warn you that although I'm a great cruiser and NEVER get seasick, I did feel a lot of rocking and rolling in these cabins during rough seas. I asked other people who were midship how they did, and they told me didn't feel any movement.

Sheila

LHT28's message referred to an area to "search" I assume to see if a particular room number has a review. Is this correct? If so where? Or mayber I didn't understand it. Any help is appreciated. LHT...I couldn't find an email to ask you directly. We are booked Regatta....but in a category not discussed a lot. So naturally I am very interested in any thoughts on it. Room 4021. Any comments appreciated.

At the top of the forum there is a box "search this forum" just put in your keyword or cabin number and you will see if any others have discussed what you are searching for.

We are booked on deck 4 on our upcoming cruise so it will be interresting last time we had a Balcony on deck 7 (before concierge)

You can check people's profile to see if they have email listed or in my case I have Yahoo messenger (the red "Y") will link to a private message through yahoo.

All of the balconies on those particular staterooms on Oceania are different..the staterooms on deck 6 are MUCH bigger, the ones on deck 7 are a few feet bigger and deck 8, I would not consider as it is under the outdoor eating area..staerooms are exactly the same size on all of them.

Jan

uh oh..so why did you book me the OS there my friend? :D

Archived