Refurbished Century

geoherb

We're about to book the Century for Christmas. We last sailed on it two years ago--before the refurbishing.

I'll miss the thalassotherapy pool the most, but I'm hoping some of the other changes will be nice. We'll have to look at the Persian Gardens to see if we'll enjoy them as much as we did the thalassotherapy pool.

Are there other things to note about the refurbishment? I just read through 8 pages of posts started by someone on the first cruise after the refurbishing. Of course, some things weren't ready on time. I'm sure they've gotten the kinks out by now.

Thanks for the link. I hope more people will post after the Century finishes it's Baltic cruises and heads back to Florida for shorter ones. Our Christmas cruise will be 9 nights instead of the 4- and 5-nighters that the Century will be doing in November and December. But I'm sure there will be enough things that won't change.

When we were on the Century for the holidays in 2004/2005 (Christmas and New Year's), it was a special 9-night cruise preceded by 7-night cruises. We had special menus for Christmas and New Year's Eve on that cruise. Our assistant maitre d' gave us the menus as souvenirs on our last night since they wouldn't be using them again.

I copied some photos off a well known travel site & made a slideshow of the new refurbished century... will be on the Century in October & personal photo/slideshow will be posted at later date.

Here's the link

Please click on the loop all or use the buttons on the bottom left corner.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2677026&alb=0

Hi GeoHerb,

Our family was on the ship for the 9 day holiday cruise last year and we all had a wonderful time. I am going (dh and ds, alas have to stay home) back on the ship for a 5 day at the end of November. I'll let you and everyone else know how it compares when I return. From what I've read recently, my expectation is that they have ironed out the kinks and the ship is better than ever (minus the T pool). As a T pool fan, I will miss that. I tried the Persian Gardens on the Connie last year and was very disappointed (aside from meeting some actual Persians in the steam room). Other people do like them, though. If you really like steam rooms, you'll probably enjoy the new facility. In my opinion they replaced the T pool with the Persian Gardens because they can get more money for the "Gardens."

Best regards,

Linda

I copied some photos off a well known travel site & made a slideshow of the new refurbished century... will be on the Century in October & personal photo/slideshow will be posted at later date.

Here's the link

Please click on the loop all or use the buttons on the bottom left corner.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2677026&alb=0

Thank you for sharing this with the musical accompaniment.

Archived