H A L new Ports of Call

AAAAmerican

Now with New Ports: Nope not Newport ,RI thats is a wonderful Port of Call already..

New London, CT , yes the Nutmeg State is sheduled now for the ms Maasdam ( A great Dam ship of 720 feet in length) is going to be vistited at least 3 times next year!:)

Is anyone booked yet?:D

Here is one shedule::D

<pre>

5/4 Sun FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 5:00pm

5/5 Mon At Sea

5/6 Tue Charleston, SC 8:00am 5:00pm

5/7 Wed At Sea

5/8 Thu New London, CT 9:00am 6:00pm

5/9 Fri Newport, RI 8:00am 5:00pm

5/10 Sat At Sea

5/11 Sun Bar Harbor, ME 8:00am 3:00pm

5/12 Mon Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 8:00am 5:00pm

5/13 Tue Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada 8:00am 5:00pm

5/14 Wed Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada 8:00am 2:00pm

5/15 Thu Scenic cruising Saguenay Fjord 3:00pm 6:00pm

5/16 Fri Quebec, Quebec, Canada * 8:00am 5:00pm

5/17 Sat MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA ** 7:00am

<\pre>

Yes CBS World HQ is in the Borough of Manhattan, NYC, near the Passenger Cruise Piers on the Hudson River. http://www.nypst.com ..they are the ones which gave the most press to the then NEW Noordam on and prior to Februrary 22nd, 2006 AD..

I am not a reader of the news on TheDay.Com but have a summary to follow of there article... run yesterday...

::::

A cruise-ship advisory committee said Friday it is seeking about $70,000 in state funding over the next two years to continue to market this region to the cruise ship industry. It also announced that the cruise-ship Maasdam will make three port calls in New London next year.

George Cassidy, one of the leaders of the cruise ship task force, said the state assistance would keep the organization afloat for the next two years. “We're basically out of money,” he said. “I can't do this on my good looks,” he joked.

Cassidy said the task force has been working to convince large cruise-ship companies that the Harold E. Shear State Pier in New London could become a regular port of call for the ships that ply the New England waters.

“We're basically running off an initial $25,000 (state) grant we received about three years ago,” Cassidy said. “I would love for New London to become a regular routine destination for the cruise ships

Cassidy said the ms Maasdam, which is owned by the Holland America Line cruise-ship company, will visit New London on May 9, Oct. 15 and Sept. 28 of next year. The three port calls in New London in one year would be a record for the task force.

Cassidy said past port calls have brought in at least 900 passengers per ship, who often browse through the downtown or travel by bus to nearby tourist attractions. He said task-force figures show that each passenger spends on average at least $60 during the one-day port calls

“There's lots of opportunities for cruise ships coming in,” she said. “One of the things that the state really wants to see is that cruise ships aren't a 'flash in the pan' and that there's a long-term commitment to this,” she said.

:::

This is where CBS probably obtained some of what they reported even though they said HAL had reported it....:eek:

Yes CBS World HQ is in the Borough of Manhattan, NYC, near the Passenger Cruise Piers on the Hudson River. http://www.nypst.com ..they are the ones which gave the most press to the then NEW Noordam on and prior to Februrary 22nd, 2006 AD..

A cruise-ship advisory committee said Friday it is seeking about $70,000 in state funding over the next two years to continue to market this region to the cruise ship industry. It also announced that the cruise-ship Maasdam will make three port calls in New London next year. :

Everything old is "news" again?

Everything old is "news" again?

Yes Maam it ios if they make it that way.. not much more has been new in ratio..just redone on the run..

Is regular only a few times.. is landing and walking on the Moon regular then in that craft?

Then why is the CBS Network calling it thats?

Another Dan Rather like made up News story eh??:eek:

What they all do to sell commercials...

LoL I wouldn't worry about it shipmate, the media often screws up reports :D I took some snap shots and posted them from one of the two port visits she made this year. The weather wasn't very good for the visit in 04.

I love the guy.. I couldn't BUY straight lines like he provides..

then again, maybe it's just my twisted little perspective on life.. *laffin*

It's like being in Disneyland on the jungle cruise, an adventure, pure entertainment:rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please. Would the party that lost the roll of 50 $20.00 bills, wrapped in a red rubber band, please report to the turnstile ... we have good news for you. We found your rubber band.

Let's get one thing straight... if we start to sink, the captain will be going down with the boat. I'd like you to meet your new captain (looking at nearby guest)... What did you say your name was?

Before I came to the Jungle, I worked in an orange juice factory, but I got canned because I couldn't concentrate. My boss almost beat the pulp out of me...

copper - *laffin* think we could have some fun together over a cold one or two (or three)

Life is far too short to take it seriously.. always looking for the laughs along the way..

Just ordered 4 "growing older, but not UP" t-shirts from margaritaville for our merry band of mischief makers on upcoming Oct cruise on Westerdam

might be overkill, as anyone who spends an hour with this group of mid to late 50 yr olds will certainly attest to the fact that we never grew up.. *L*

Archived