Questions about alcohol onboard (merged)

Yes, all the ships have a version of the wine package, tailored to the length of the cruise.

That's what I thought too but just got off the Explorer (5 days) and the smallest wine package I could get was a 5 pack. I can't drink a whole bottle by myself every day. Was under the impression I could get a 3 pack (someone had posted this on these boards) but on board they said no 5 was the smallest.

does anyone really read all 404 replies? I asked a question probably half way through but will not search to find the answer. Merging like this is crazy.
Unless the intention IS to bury the topic.

In other words, pach, I agree with you. Not all questions about beverages with an alcoholic content are on the same topic. Different threads with different goals should be allowed to remain. But they're not.

Things that make you go HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............

Just disembarked from the 3-day cruise on the Monarch of the seas. I want to give you all some very useful information. I had a conversation with the future cruise (loyalty?) director at the captain's party for platinum and diamond Crown and Anchor members. I did not get into a discussion about alcohol policy but I did learn from her that she personally goes into many of the cruise critic boards on a daily basis and monitors anything that may give her useful information (so probably do all the loyalty staff). She said she knows many of the nicknames quite well by now. I would suggest that you do not tell us about your personal smuggling successes but by all means voice your displeasure at their policies. If enough of us do that, then maybe cruise critic members can influence future policies. Also, at embarkation, there was nobody searching carry-on baggage for alcohol. They did have a desk on the dock side after the security check, for handing in alcohol and again, nobody was being stopped. One of our friends asked if he could take a six pack of beer on board and was told yes, no problem, so he did and was not stopped at either the hand-in desk or security!

I get the impression they really don't want you to bring hard liquor on board but realise that it's probably unrealistic and bad PR to stop everyone or put checked-on baggage aside that is suspect for alcohol bottles (my opinion only). For those of you that feel you must smuggle stuff on board, be reasonable about what and how much you try to smuggle if you want RCCL to remain lax about policy enforecement.

I asked about any future plans to bring the Voyager class to the west coast and she said they definitely are, although not sure when - it's got to do with setting up large enough docking facilities at the ports - but she did say it may even be next year!

By the way, we had a fantastic cruise - we have been on the Monarch many times before but they have really improved the food at the dining room and the service overall was outstanding!

Quote-She said she knows many of the nicknames quite well by now. I would suggest that you do not tell us about your personal smuggling successes but by all means voice your displeasure at their policies. end quote

Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. For the Loyalty Ambassador on Monarch, my name is BobBeaSea and I DO NOT SMUGGLE BOOZE, wouldn't dream of doing it, really, I wouldn't :D:D

ddean52,

Our cruise was great. As I said, we have done this cruise many times and always enjoyed the weekend away but this time it seemed as if RCCL had re-invented themselves. We cruise Princess as well and to be honest the service and overall experience was comparable. (I know some don't think that much of Princess but we have always felt they were a step up from the so-called budget cruise lines).

cyscopup,

The loyalty ambassador's name is Inge or Inga (not sure of the spelling) from Norway. She was very pleasant to talk with and quite knowledgeable.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone brought a 6 pack of beer onboard? My hubby is strictly a beer drinker and would like to have some in the fridge in the cabin, or is it possible to buy a few bottles at the bar and bring them back? We tried that once many years ago and the bartender told us that he had to uncap the beer right there. We were thinking of hidind 2 6pks in our checked luggage. we are doing a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale in February.Thanks for any beer information......Judy

Just out of curiosity, has anyone brought a 6 pack of beer onboard? My hubby is strictly a beer drinker and would like to have some in the fridge in the cabin, or is it possible to buy a few bottles at the bar and bring them back? We tried that once many years ago and the bartender told us that he had to uncap the beer right there. We were thinking of hidind 2 6pks in our checked luggage. we are doing a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale in February.Thanks for any beer information......Judy

I have never personally taken beer onboard and DH and I are strictly beer drinkers. I prefer not to take the chance so I use a company called Just Because of you, they will deliver up to a case of beer (depending on port or cruise line) in a beautiful gift basket. Shelley' prices are very resonable and the convience is great. You can give her a call at 1 800 882 9707. The beer will be delivered and waiting for you in your cabin. If you would like to keep it cool you can also bring a collapsable cooler and your room steward will be more than happy to keep it filled with ice for you.

Just ask the Bartender for a "bucket of Beer" to bring back to your stateroom.

They will be Happy to put 5 or 6 beers in a plastic bucket for you WITH ice!!!

Why not!? They are still going to get the 15 % gratuity fro doing it. I always give them and extra $2 Bill ask a thanks. :-) Nice Icey Cold beers. Then just put them in the refrig.

Just ask the Bartender for a "bucket of Beer" to bring back to your stateroom.

They will be Happy to put 5 or 6 beers in a plastic bucket for you WITH ice!!!

Why not!? They are still going to get the 15 % gratuity fro doing it. I always give them and extra $2 Bill ask a thanks. :-) Nice Icey Cold beers. Then just put them in the refrig.

We were still able to get the buckets on the Jewel, however you didn't get the sixth one free, you had to pay for all of them. It ended up being 25.20.

###

Archived