Questions about alcohol onboard (merged)

When we joined the ship in Vancouver, none of the checked bags were opened. We had a Scotch & Vodka packed with the undies. I also had a very large bottle of champagne in my back-pack. None of the alcohol was taken away, and none of the other passengers who did the same had any trouble either. As someone said to me, "With only a few hours to get everyone boarded, the last thing we're going to do is open 2000 cases looking for the occasional bottle."

Just my 2c worth. It was nice to have a drink in the cabin before hitting the sack, standing on the balcony looking out over the moonlit ocean.

To say nothing of the mid-afternoon, post luncheon, pre-nap libation!

Even in Hawaii when we reboarded the ship coming off the shore, nobody asked to see what was in our bag. I asked the security people checking if they'd be concerned if we did have a bottle of booze in there. "I couldn't care less unless it's likely to go 'boom' " was the guys reply!

Enjoy! We sure did!

:o

RCL has stated that you cannot bring your own onboard. There has been massive discussion on that subject here.

All I can say, we were on the Majesty in September and one couple brought 3 bottles aboard packed in their luggage. I was surprised they were able to and I had warned them before we left home that they stood a good change of having it confiscated but that didn't happen.

Check the RCL website - the new rule is listed all over there under alcohol policies. Thye went into effect on July 28, 2006.

We haven't heard about anybody being denied boarding, but that is an option mentioned by RCI. Some people have reported being called to the luggage dungeon to open their bags and remove or open bottles, but to date that has only resulted in bottles being held until the end of the cruise. Other folks have reported, "no problem, mon..."

LL

1. do ROS have beer package( how much ?)

RCCL seems to be moving in the direction of encouraging more

responsible drinking. The new policy is available on their website.

I have never heard of anything other than a "soda" package, and

would be surprised to hear that the offered any kind of unlimited

alcohol package.

2.is there a CDplayer in room ?(in junior suite)

As of my last sailing, unfortunately no. But there are AC outlets if

you would like to bring a small one of your own. I know many people

that bring i-pods with small speakers.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Brian

Yeah, yeah, the alcohol policy. Look, put it in your locked luggage that you give to the porter. They do NOT open your bags. They don't care!!!! If you try and carry it on, they may confiscate it--depends on their mood on any given day. Just stick it in your suitcase (well-wrapped of course) and it will show up in your room in due time.

Hi It is our first with RC as well but in another thread I read that they do have a special offer for beers,they call it the beer bucket.I don't remember it exactly but is offer on all deck bars if asked for and it is 5 or 6 beers in a buckle for $20.

Yeah, yeah, the alcohol policy. Look, put it in your locked luggage that you give to the porter. They do NOT open your bags. They don't care!!!! If you try and carry it on, they may confiscate it--depends on their mood on any given day. Just stick it in your suitcase (well-wrapped of course) and it will show up in your room in due time.

Once again, your broad, all encompassing statements aren't quite completely correct, the following is an excerpt from this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=431995&page=2, post #29.

On the subject of smuggling, I brought on a bottle of vodka in my
checked baggage which was promptly confiscated by RCI...

I had to go to a conference room next to the 'Singin in the Rain' lounge
first night to retrieve my suitcase... I'm not kidding when I say there were
still about 100 suitcases waiting to be picked up when I got mine so there
were a few people in the same position as me... 

Had the bottle delivered to my room the last day by RCL staff...  

Hope this helps...

Perhaps someone who successfully 'smuggled' can fill you in...

So, while there is a good chance that you can smuggle stuff on, they are x-raying bags, and they are confiscating bottles until the end of the cruise.

Here's another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=413675&highlight=grandeur, post #2.

[b]Hide Your Liquor Well!!!![/b] 
I forgot to add, they WERE confiscating people's alcohol from their bags
before delivering them to their stateroom!!!! 

JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!!

Hi It is our first with RC as well but in another thread I read that they do have a special offer for beers,they call it the beer bucket.I don't remember it exactly but is offer on all deck bars if asked for and it is 5 or 6 beers in a buckle for $20.

Yes they did offer the bucket (6 beers, buy five one is free) in 12/05, not sure if they do anymore but it was like $15 for domestic (I think) Enjoy your trip!

Yes they did offer the bucket (6 beers, buy five one is free) in 12/05, not sure if they do anymore but it was like $15 for domestic (I think) Enjoy your trip!

Still was there on the Majesty in late August. Not a beer drinker, so I don't know the price.

Drink packages are usually only offered for large groups. I'm not sure of the details or rules currently, but I have been with groups that have been offered drink packages for a 'fixed' amount. They keep it a low profile offer as I've never seen anything "official" stated about them. On the cruise I was on, I think they lost their shirts with our group! lol

One thing that I miss was that they used to offer a 10-drink card for around $45 (probably been 3 years since I've seen that). It was nice because it was a little bit of a break in the price, and the bartenders could quickly punch your ticket and be on to the next patron. Now they have to take the time to run a signable receipt for each purchase, something that appears to lower efficiency.

We just returned from the Rhapsody and took a case of beer in one checked bag, and two bottles of liquor in another checked bag - no one ever said a word. We also took a 12-pack of Pepsi's in one of our carry-ons and no one even looked in our bags.

re: buying liquor in port, at Cozumel the liquor stores right near the dock would not ALLOW you to purchase liquor and carry it out of the store - they REQUIRED that they deliver it to the ship for you (and as a result, had cut-off times for when the last purchase could be made). We were told that there were liquor stores "around the corner" where you could carry it out with you, and I did see people bringing liquor onboard and allowed to take it to their staterooms.

Frankly RCI didn't seem to be paying much attention to what beverages were brought back to the ship from ports of call ... I restocked my Pepsi's (which I believe IS allowed), put it in the bag on the xray belt, and they didn't even ask to see what I had.... so my assumption is that I could have been carrying beer OR soda and no one cared.

We mainly brought our own stuff as a convenience ... since we spent over $1400 onboard on various "stuff", I don't feel like we cheated RCI in any way. It was just nice to be able to have a choice of beverages in our stateroom 'fridge without having to go traipsing about in our PJs, waiting for room service, or having to pull our clothes back on to go out in search of a drink! :-)

Hello everyone, new here, and going on my first cruise on 11-20, on the Brialliance of the seas. We have a balcony room and I can't think of a better way to wind down after a busy day then by having a beer or two out on the balcony before going to bed. Since I'm not aloud to bring beer onto the boat, is there anywhere on the ship to buy a 6 pack, or will room service bring me beer if I want a few?

Thanks

anyone know if the beer bucket is available through room service ? We would really just like to have 6 or so beer in our room to enjoy sitting out on our verendah.

Is there a fridge or anything in the rooms ? Or is it strictly keeping things on ice ?

When in the bar can one run a tab or is it a pay as you go system ?

anyone know if the beer bucket is available through room service ? We would really just like to have 6 or so beer in our room to enjoy sitting out on our verendah.

Is there a fridge or anything in the rooms ? Or is it strictly keeping things on ice ?

When in the bar can one run a tab or is it a pay as you go system ?

Not sure what ship you are on, but most balcony cabins do have a fridge. Room service does have a special on 6 packs. If you are sitting at the bar they may run a tab if they are not real crowded, or you have been there before, but most of the time it is pay as you go.

...and another cruiser, who just returned from the Mariner, reported that the cabin steward TOOK their bottle, apologized, but TOOK it, and said that he would return it at the end of the cruise.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Caveat emptor! (Caveat pirata!)

Was on Voyager 4 years ago and bought a bottle of Jack and a bottle of Remy in the store in the ship and took it back to the room on the first day out. Am I to understand that if it's even bought on the ship you can't take it back to your room these days? We're on the Navigator in March '07.

Archived