Diamond category C&A

savva0122

OK kiddies just back of Legend of the Seas and have our 10th cruise point, making us fully fledges diamond members.

We are hoping to go again - possibly on Freedom o/t Seas - in November 2006 and would like to ask what extra perks this might get us, paticularly on a large ship with the concierge club, what actually does this get you?

Thanks

The Concierge Lounge is the best perk. They have the best coffee on the ship, free drinks between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. plus the Concierge can get you just about anything you need. Saves waiting in the long line at Customer Service.

And oh yes, continental breakfast in the morning & delicious goodies during the cocktail hour.

Make sure you get white disembarkment tags from the concierge & you'll be the 1st to leave the ship.

OK kiddies just back of Legend of the Seas and have our 10th cruise point, making us fully fledges diamond members.

We are hoping to go again - possibly on Freedom o/t Seas - in November 2006 and would like to ask what extra perks this might get us, paticularly on a large ship with the concierge club, what actually does this get you?

Thanks

$200 off a balcony cabin cruisefare.

$200 off a balcony cabin cruisefare.

Boy I wish that was always true. Being a Diamond member, I thought I would always get the $200. discount for booking a balcony stateroom. I was told that since I booked with a group & got a nice discount on the cruise, I may not get the $200. off. Doesn't seem fair, I thought I earned the discount for reaching the Diamond level.

Boy I wish that was always true. Being a Diamond member, I thought I would always get the $200. discount for booking a balcony stateroom. I was told that since I booked with a group & got a nice discount on the cruise, I may not get the $200. off. Doesn't seem fair, I thought I earned the discount for reaching the Diamond level.

Rules for groups are frequently different from the rules for individual bookings and this may be one of them. Weigh the special discount you got by being part of the group against the diamond member discount and see which way you come out ahead. Not all discounts can be combined so this may be just such a circumstance. Remember, Life isn't fair, and in the larger scheme of things this type of thing probably isn't worth getting aggravated over. If the diamond discount is that much better than the group discount consider changing your booking to an individual one. Your TA can probably help you. :)

meyer4two

I book groups all the time, and have ALWAYS given the platinum or diamond balcony discount to people sailing in the group. However, if you book a cruise onboard, I have been unable to transfer that booking from individual to a group booking, as RCI won't allow that particular shipboard credit on a group booking. They do, however, allow other shipboard credits, including the shareholder credit.

Who told you you could not use the balcony discount? Maybe the TA doesn't want to give it, as it will reduce the commission.

Rules for groups are frequently different from the rules for individual bookings and this may be one of them. Weigh the special discount you got by being part of the group against the diamond member discount and see which way you come out ahead. Not all discounts can be combined so this may be just such a circumstance. Remember, Life isn't fair, and in the larger scheme of things this type of thing probably isn't worth getting aggravated over. If the diamond discount is that much better than the group discount consider changing your booking to an individual one. Your TA can probably help you. :)

I'm sure your right, I did get a better discount without applying the Diamond discount. I just thought it always applied no matter what. I have in the past always booked individually, this is my 1st group booking so didn't know. But I still got a very good deal.

Not upset over it, was just wondering why it wasn't applied.

meyer4two

I book groups all the time, and have ALWAYS given the platinum or diamond balcony discount to people sailing in the group. However, if you book a cruise onboard, I have been unable to transfer that booking from individual to a group booking, as RCI won't allow that particular shipboard credit on a group booking. They do, however, allow other shipboard credits, including the shareholder credit.

Who told you you could not use the balcony discount? Maybe the TA doesn't want to give it, as it will reduce the commission.

I didn't book the cruise on board. I booked through a TA.

Question: who gives the Diamond discount, the TA or RC?

On our last cruise it wasn't a shipboard credit, the $200. came off the price of the cruise.

I called C & A, she said I should get the discount but also said she wasn't sure but thought booking in a group I would probably not get it. When the TA sent the receipt, the discount was not applied so.....guess RC wasn't going to give it to me & RC does have my C & A #'s so they would have known to apply it.

Booking cruises is sometimes so confusing.

I asked this question on another thread, but this might be a better place for it...

Do Diamond Members get the fancy-shmancy bath stuff: Explorae toiletries, bath poof, etc... regardless of the category cabin they are in? I know Junior Suites and up get these, but what about just regular cabins if you are a Diamond member?

I would really love that perk!

I asked this question on another thread, but this might be a better place for it...

Do Diamond Members get the fancy-shmancy bath stuff: Explorae toiletries, bath poof, etc... regardless of the category cabin they are in? I know Junior Suites and up get these, but what about just regular cabins if you are a Diamond member?

I get them as D+ regardless of what cabin I stay in. Not sure about Diamond.

When I get the diamond or platinum discount for my clients, I have to call Crown & Anchor, and they apply the discount. Hope I didn't confuse you when I said "I" always give it - I meant RCI gives it, but after I call to get it applied.

Karen - we are d+ and have gotten the upgraded amenities when we just book a balcony cabin, not a suite. As a matter of fact, got upgraded amenities last year on Enchantment, and we were in an OV, not a balcony.

I stayed in a D1 cabin & didn't get anything fancy, just the regular shampoo that was in the holder thingy in the shower. There were no bottles of anything in the bathroom.

And I like to take them home, have tons of Celebrity bottles but nothing from RC.

and always get my DIAMOND discount on balconies which does very in amount by length of cruise, I beleive. I have a Key Account agent who gets best staterooms for all her people & after 25 cruises with her we get the first call if we want a cruise. 4 weeks at sea a year & sometimes we get a 5th, since DH is never sick.

on Jewel last May in our Corner Aft D1. Still have half the bottles to use on Freedom, so we see if they give them again there also. And yes ,we are Diamond.

Archived