Holiday Decor on Oosterdam

rosegirls

Just curious if HAL decorates their ships for the holidays? If so, when? Also, are there fresh cut flowers in all of the cabins when you get there? I am trying to decide if I should order them or not. If they already put them in your cabin I do not want to order more and have them take up too much room. Thanks for the info.

Just curious if HAL decorates their ships for the holidays? If so, when? Also, are there fresh cut flowers in all of the cabins when you get there? I am trying to decide if I should order them or not. If they already put them in your cabin I do not want to order more and have them take up too much room. Thanks for the info.

Right before the X-Mas cruise, Christmas trees and other decorations (small wreaths on all the cabin doors - outside, not inside;) - big wreaths around the atrium) will start appearing in the public lounges and sometimes by the Lido pool deck (they will also paint "Seasons greetings" on exterior parts of the ship. Those decoractions have stayed on for the subsequent New Year cruises. Lot's of stuff (balloons, party favors, hats, streamers, etc.) will appear on New Year's Eve. Holiday cruises are great!!

As far as the in-room flowers, there will be a small "bowl-like" arrangment of flowers in your cabin (see pic - bring magnifying glass;) ).

IMG_2486.JPG.eb6307ec4dfb2fdfadfaa4b60e8e7295.JPG

1850059328_Prinsendam2Day1Cabin028.JPG.c9b30be22c532aa640d8baa7ac4eb790.JPG

John, that is a great picture of the Christmas tree in the Dining Room. We are looking forward to cruising on the Oosterdam Dec 15th 2007:D I know it is a long way off but it will be here before we know it. I would guess they will definitely be decorated up for the Holidays by the 15th of December.

Two years ago we sailed a b2b on 12/7 and 12/14. No decorations were up the wk of the 7th, a few were put up during the wk of the 14th. The majority of decorations,including all the trees and wreaths were not going up until the 21st. Remember these all have to last thru New Years, so they are not put up until Christmas week. That was true when we sailed and others have posted the same thing over the years.

We sail 12/9...do yo think the decorations will be up than?

Unfortunately, I don't think so - probably the cruise after yours

That's Zaandam's Dining room at last year's New Year's cruise, Lisa - I just noticed/remembered they also hung garland from the 2nd floor railings in there

We sailed on the 10th of December last year. All the decorations were up when we boarded. It was so pretty. I especially liked the little wreaths on the doors.

This year we sail the week ahead so will miss that. We enjoyed the trip so much last year that we just had to do it again this year. (And we really enjoy a couple days in San Diego, too.)

Nancy

I sailed on 12/01 a couple of years ago and we found the same thing as Desdemona, all the decorations were up.

I think it varies from ship to ship.

Cruisnfool-

We went on the Oosterdam two years ago during the same time frame. The holiday decorations were up and they looked great!

This year we are going on the 12/10 Westerdam cruise and hope we'll have the same good luck. The decorations really make it seem more like the holiday season.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

We have sailed other lines this particular week and have enjoyed the decorations...its a great way to kick off the season...IMHO.

When we sail this week I make sure all my stuff is bought and wrapped (unless I buy some gifts there) as well as cards sent out..that way I can relax and when I get home I am relaxed and ready for the holiday.

Archived