Champagne card ?

Karina, thanks once again for all of the info!! :D

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the Champagne Bar on the Explorer? :cool:

ChristieNJ: I wonder how many Champagne Cards the 6 of us will go through on our cruise next year??? :p I know that I'll be good for at LEAST 2 cards, and John probably will too. We both LOVE Mimosas in the morning....wonder which of us will be running down to the Champagne Bar to bring them back to the cabin so we can drink them on the balcony?? :rolleyes: LOL!

That leads me to my next question: What time does the Champagne Bar open in the morning??? :p

That leads me to my next question: What time does the Champagne Bar open in the morning??? :p

As to the hours...sadly, morning doesn't enter into the Champagne Bar vocabulary. It opens at either 4 or 5pm (depending on the day) and closes at 1am. :(

I wonder if that includes their newly added bottle of Asti Spumonte(sp?). I will drink brut, but I prefer sweeter less potent tasting champagne. Either way, if they offer it, I'm buying it. Can you order it at dinner? That is really when I like a glass of bubbly, or out on my cabin balcony. You can order them and take them to your room correct? This completely solves my dilemma with what I was going to do with an entire bottle of champagne. I get full at dinner and have no room for an entire bottle. This allows me to drink what I want without wasting it. It will be nice and fresh every time. :p

Oh and that's for 10 champagne drinks by the way.

So what you're saying is if I buy the card, I can go to the Champagne Bar, and order any type of champagne cocktail and use the card? There was one on the Mariner that I loved -- had a hint of peach to it. Also, can you use it to order Mimosas in the dining room? Does it work at any bar on board or in the dining room? And one more question. :) Can you order champagne drinks in other places on board than the Champagne Bar? (I never tried on our last cruise)

We'll also be traveling with people who love champagne, and I've acquired quite the taste for bubbly cocktails recently, too. :)

"They" have never advertised this on the Mariner either, will have to check it out in Dec...or does someone who just returned know if it is available??? Later, Jill:cool:

Was on the MA last month,and I didnt notice it.........this is the first I am hearing about it...............

Going on the Sovereign soon, but they got rid of the champagne bar :mad: :mad: when they refurbished..

The 'card' is only good in the Champagne bar...and as stated only good during the hours it is open...afternoons and evenings...(they have hors deorves{sp?} too)...Be sure to try the "RoyalCaribbean Champagne Cocktail" it is sparkling wine with a rose flavored syrup in it...OMG it is sooo yummy...the rose syrup is made esp for RoyalCaribbean and not available to the genreal public...(Ive looked) Thats about all I drink when onboard in the afternoon and evenings!...Its not a vacation till I have on ein my hand! ;)

(OK...that is not an actual picture of a "RoyalCaribbean Cocktail" ..but aint it pretty?):D

thumbnail1.jpg.a661ea43580d210dc68445cd1c42a0da.jpg

So what you're saying is if I buy the card, I can go to the Champagne Bar, and order any type of champagne cocktail and use the card? There was one on the Mariner that I loved -- had a hint of peach to it. Also, can you use it to order Mimosas in the dining room? Does it work at any bar on board or in the dining room? And one more question. :) Can you order champagne drinks in other places on board than the Champagne Bar? (I never tried on our last cruise)

We'll also be traveling with people who love champagne, and I've acquired quite the taste for bubbly cocktails recently, too. :)

The card can only be used in the Champagne Bar and only for the 10 cocktails listed on it...but there are two peach drinks on there...the Bellini and the Love Boat, so hopefully yours is one of those.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I saw, at least, Mimosas on another menu, but I only got the Champagne ones in the CB...I was too busy getting DODs in the other bars. :D

i didnt know the champagne drinks existed (aside from mimosas) before this thread

While we were on Mariner in June (I didn't know about the card!), the bartender in the champagne bar was soooo nice. I don't remember his name, but he would ask me what I liked...what my tastes were, and then make a champagne cocktail for me. That was my favorite part of the day...Champagne Bar before dinner.

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the Champagne Bar on the Explorer? :cool:

ChristieNJ: I wonder how many Champagne Cards the 6 of us will go through on our cruise next year??? :p I know that I'll be good for at LEAST 2 cards, and John probably will too. We both LOVE Mimosas in the morning....wonder which of us will be running down to the Champagne Bar to bring them back to the cabin so we can drink them on the balcony?? :rolleyes: LOL!

Maybe we should start saving up for the cards NOW??? LOL I say we get 52, just like a regular deck of cards. :p

I have pics of the Champagne Bar on the Explorer. Are you coming down at the end of Nov? If not I'll pick the best ones & email them to you. I thought the Champagne Bar was adorable so I did take pics of it. :D

Maybe we should start saving up for the cards NOW??? LOL I say we get 52, just like a regular deck of cards.

I have pics of the Champagne Bar on the Explorer. Are you coming down at the end of Nov? If not I'll pick the best ones & email them to you. I thought the Champagne Bar was adorable so I did take pics of it. :D

ROFL "52 like a regular deck of cards"!!! :p Sounds good to me! :)

No, we're not coming down at the end of November...so..I think you should come UP and visit us!!! :cool:

Yes please email me the pictures of the Champagne Bar... I have a feeling that'll be my first favorite spot on the ship.. lol :p

jules815 - you can use it for the same one each time...I was confused about that initially, as well. But, I lived on Kir Royales the whole time and DH mostly stuck with the St. Moritz

shipknotshore (and others) - the 10 drink card was the only one available on Explorer 2 weeks ago. I assume (and we know what that means) that it would be the same or similar in other Voyager Class Champagne Bars. Other ships or classes of ship with Champagne Bars may have something similar or nothing at all.