Will your cabin affect your dining seat?

Mcmflow

Question. Will what you pay for your cabin have an affect on where you are assigned to sit in the dining room? In other words, if you have a less expensive cabin will you get a table more towards the middle of the dining room with no view as opposed to a more expensive cabin with a table next to the window? Just wondering how that works

I would have to agree with Sunflower, on both of my past cruises, we were booked in just standard OV cabins, and had awesome OV tables! Last cruise, I was in a quad cabin and they set all 4 of us up at our own private table in the corner by the window. Couldn't have asked for a better assignment unless it was with the Captain himself!

Last cruise, I was in a quad cabin and they set all 4 of us up at our own private table in the corner by the window. Couldn't have asked for a better assignment unless it was with the Captain himself!

We have done two cruises..... first with MIL/FIL in OV and we requested table for 4 - had a real nice one sort of in the back but with an awesome view of the stairs (for events during dinner - ie parades etc.) Since we cruise in November window table was useless as it was pitch black outside.....

Second cruise we did with our best friends and requested table for 4 again..... we were both in balcony cabins.... they seated us at a really nice table directly behind captains table...... and then we received invitation to dine with captain on our second formal night ......I sat right next to him and had a blast !!!

Second cruise we did with our best friends and requested table for 4 again..... we were both in balcony cabins.... they seated us at a really nice table directly behind captains table...... and then we received invitation to dine with captain on our second formal night ......I sat right next to him and had a blast !!!

That would be so cool! I would LOVE that! What a great experience!:D

I don't think there is any correlation. When I booked my last Carnival cruise I booked a Suite for the first time, told the PVP that I wanted a nice dining room table by the window because it was my 78 yr old grandmas first cruise. He said, since you are in a suite you will have one of the best tables. We ended up at a table for 10 in the middle of the dining room........It worked out though, met some nice women my age - so I am not too mad about it :) Grandma still had a good time too.

Of course it does!!! If you book an inside cabin, the make you eat in the kitchen! Standing over a counter!!!! Balconies get a barstool and suites get to eat in the dining room!

Just kidding--of course it makes no difference!!!!

What is acutually a good table in the dining room? Window, centre, next to captains table etc?. On the larger ships such as FOS, how is the seating allocated for the 3 different levels dining rooms? Are all of them the same, or is one better that the other?

Even if they are named differently, there is only ONE dining room on each ship! They may have different levels or nooks and crannies, but it's still the same dining room!

That's what's neat about cruising--aside from the space in your bedroom, EVERYONE gets the exact same experience!! Same pool, same food, same towels, same drinks, same EVERYTHING!!!!!! Only your personal space is different!

The cruise line seems to arrange strangers at a table taking into account the passengers' ages and general stateroom categories.

I don't know how in the world they decide which table to put which people at though. Last year on two back to back cruises on the Serenade the two of us requested to be put at a large table. On the first leg, we were on the main floor in the center; on the second leg, we were seated up one level on the edge of the balcony overlooking the main floor.

Leslie

On our last two Brilliance cruises we sat at a large table with eight other people who we were meeting for the first time. We were all roughly the same ages and staying in about the same kinda cabins. Whoever on the Brilliance who organized this dining room table did a great job. Dinner was a pleasure every night. Thank you Brilliance dining room staff, and the great people who we met from Cincinnati!

Rick and Deirdra

On our last two Brilliance cruises we sat at a large table with eight other people who we were meeting for the first time. We were all roughly the same ages and staying in about the same kinda cabins. Whoever on the Brilliance who organized this dining room table did a great job. Dinner was a pleasure every night. Thank you Brilliance dining room staff, and the great people who we met from Cincinnati!

Rick and Deirdra

Ditto on that! We had the same experience on our cruise last Jan on the Brilliance. Sat with 4 other couples who didn't know each other before the cruise and we had a blast! They practically had to kick us out of the dining room each night (first seating) so they could prepare the table for the next seating. We all had balcony rooms or higher and had a table located in the center of the dining room.

My DH and I took a short cruise last May on the Enchantment and stayed in a lower inside cabin. We had a table next to the window so I guess it really doesn't matter what price you pay for the cabin. We've never had a table on the upper level and often wondered why. Anyone know if there is an advantage to what level your table is on?

The location of the table has not mattered to me. Since I always

take late seating a window view is wasted because all you can see

out the window is black. They usually draw the curtains anyway.

I could see if one had early seating maybe a window view would

be nice, but I'm always too busy talking to my tablemates to worry

about that. I have noticed that my tablemates are usually in

the same type of cabin as us.

I don't think RCCL considers the tables next to the windows--the best tables. For a good portion of the year--it is dark outside for at least one seating and frequently for both. I really haven't had a "bad" location. I like the ones where you can see the grand staircase. I prefer to be away from a food service station. But in the long run--just give me good company and excellent service.

A window table at early seating is not always a pleasure because the sun is blasting in at you. We have had to have the drapes closed more than once. Of course, the other side of the dining room is fine, but you don't know which side you will get!!

Even if they are named differently, there is only ONE dining room on each ship! They may have different levels or nooks and crannies, but it's still the same dining room!

That's what's neat about cruising--aside from the space in your bedroom, EVERYONE gets the exact same experience!! Same pool, same food, same towels, same drinks, same EVERYTHING!!!!!! Only your personal space is different!

Same towels? That sounds kinda icky...:DBut hey, when in Rome...

Of course it does!!! If you book an inside cabin, the make you eat in the kitchen! Standing over a counter!!!! Balconies get a barstool and suites get to eat in the dining room!

Just kidding--of course it makes no difference!!!!

Being a single male 60+ years old, eating standing up at the kitchen sink isn't all that unusual!! Maybe they'll feel sorry for me and let me sit down - for what they charge for the cruises.

The Cunard ships do seat people in the dining room based on class of cabin. There are seperate floors for steerage (inside) and OV and Bal and then the suites get their very own floor. How snobby is that!!!

We have always requested a window table on the first day on and have always been accomodated! One night we ate and watched another ship off in the distance all lite up against the black sky. Bauetiful!

Archived