BAD MOVE: Moving cabin questions elsewhere

MrPete

The wealth of knowledge will be lost, mixing all cabin questions to a place I certainly won't be visiting.

Bad move, guys.

I have to agree, the majority of people come to this forum and dont venture into the others. I think they are getting carried away with catagorizing all the posts.

The wealth of knowledge will be lost, mixing all cabin questions to a place I certainly won't be visiting.

Bad move, guys.

I agree - most of those questions will go unanswered if not on the main boards. Why not leave them on the main boards for 24 hours before moving them. That way they get answered before being moved and then they might eventually do some good for those looking for cabin information on that board.

it even kills the "search this forum" room number punching that I love...

...and I am one of the biggest advocates for keeping Carnival just Carnival and separating out non-Carnival information to Port Forums, Floataway etc. - and even I think this is a "running aground" kind of idea...

So, why have a Carnival forum at all if questions pertaining only to Carnival are going to be moved? People come to the Carnival forum looking for info about Carnival Cruises and ships. The search feature already doesn't work most of the time, so this is just going to make this forum less user friendly. Rethink this please!

Bad move, guys.

So true! Is it just me or does it seem like so many really good threads are being moved these days? I usually only read this board, the fashion board and the ports boards. I just have time to read bunches of different boards.

So, why have a Carnival forum at all if questions pertaining only to Carnival are going to be moved? People come to the Carnival forum looking for info about Carnival Cruises and ships. The search feature already doesn't work most of the time, so this is just going to make this forum less user friendly. Rethink this please!

Agree totally - people want to ask (and have answered) questions about Carnival cabins on the Carnival board. I only frequent the Carnival, HAL and Ports of Call boards.

I don't have time to read more than my roll call, Carnival and maybe a couple of other cruiseline specific forums. Some days, I don't even have time to read those! Pete, FWIW, I agree with you. They are going to get fewer answers on another forum when they are looking for something that is cruiseline specific.

Archived