Are Luggage Tags Color Coded?

Mlascheid

Sailing on Zuiderdam in Nov. and wondering if luggage tags are color coded according to deck and/or cabin cat.? My reason for asking is this......I just upgraded from an SS suite to an SA suite (trying to keep it a secret from DH) and wondering if I can still use the luggage tags originally sent with our docs for the SS suite (and fill them out with the new cabin #). HAL is not going to issue us new docs because we're sailing in 2 weeks. If we don't tag our luggage before we arrive at the pier DH will get suspicious, and I would really love to keep it a secret until we board. Thanks!

Every HAL ship has its own color. Every tag for every cabin for a ship is the same color.

All luggage going to Zuiderdam will have a grey tag.

All luggage going to Maasdam will have a green tag.

The new Mariner tags are nice. I think they're 'classy'.

Whatever tags came with your documents are to be used no matter what deck/cabin you are in.

Every HAL ship has its own color. Every tag for every cabin for a ship is the same color.

Whatever tags came with your documents are to be used no matter what deck/cabin you are in.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!!! That's great news....I think I'll be able keep my secret from DH because he won't pay any attention to what the cabin number is...he just packs his suitcase the night before and shows up at the pier!!!;)

Thanks jhannah and krazykruizers....I hope I can too!! I'm dying to tell him!!! My DM is also traveling with us, in her own suite next door, and I'm trying to keep the upgrade a secret from her too! I'm glad that I have everyone on these boards to talk to about it...because it's killing me:o

Hope you both enjoy your Suites. They are very comfortable but be warned.....:) it's hard to book something else the next time. ;)

Way back when Statendam was brand new, we booked "S" Suite #028 for a Panama Canal cruise. We have been on many HAL cruises since and each has been in an "S" or "SA" Suite.....except for the ultra deluxe treat of when we were in a Penthouse Suite.

Enjoy the "Suite Life" and I hope you'll come back and share some comments when you return.

Have a great cruise.

Oh-oh... my Zuidy tags are purple with the Mariner stripe at the top.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

My Zuiderdam tags are from before they switched to the great Mariner style ones now being used. Guess they changed the color. ;) We've enjoyed five cruises on ZUDM but haven't been back to her for a while. Been too busy on "MY" :) Maasdam, Volendam, Veendam, Ryndam and coming up fast, Noordam. :)

This is so funny.....

I just went and looked at my carryon which has a gazillion HAL luggage tags tied on it.

When they switched from the old style tags to the new Mariner style, they changed colors.

Ryndam and Veendam and Maasdam etc.....The old tags are not the same colors as the new ones.

Maasdam is still green but a different shade....darker.

Veendam is like a kelly green.

Volendam is grey.

Ryndam is gold.

Rotterdam is a brownish grey.

Noordam is a teal blue.

Amsterdam's old one is a slate blue sort of shade.

Zuiderdam is purple.

Archived