Freedom and Liberty question

lojill

My family and friends are thinking about cruising in Feb 2008 on the Freedom or Liberty. We are going to book an inside cabin on deck 2, is that a good floor. The price is great and if we book higher level the cost goes up. So I'm wondering is their a difference and does a inside cabin face the promonade. Which rooms face the promonade anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Another question is the 9th floor is just a little extra money is their a huge difference.

You will probably get quite a few different responses. Some people, the cabin location is a very high priority while others would rather save the money on the cabin and spend it on other things. That being said, Deck #2 is the lowest deck on these ships. An inside cabin is just that, no window (ie- very dark), but some people only care about a working bathroom and some place to sleep. I believe the Promanade cabins are on Deck #6, 7, & 8. Go to www.rccl.com and go to the view floor plan link for these ships and it will help you with you decision. Personally, I wouldn't be lower than deck #4 and the higher the better (2 previous cruises were #4 & #7). Good luck in picking something that will make you happy.

If someone in your party is very prone sea-sickness, deck 2, midship is the best place to be. Otherwise, think about just spending a few extra dollars to go up a few decks. The Promenade rooms on the decks Maxie noted are slightly bigger because of the big window and window seat. Like already mentioned, it depends on your priorities.

Just be aware that the inside rooms are very, very small. I think 4 people in one of those rooms would be like being in a closet for a week! There's no place to walk, and if one is dressing, the others must sit--I'd look at getting at least 2 rooms for 2 adults and 2 children that are as old as yours! Not to mention the 1 tiny bathroom....

I agree inside cabins are small and VERY dark. We had an inside cabin one time and that was enough for us. I want at least a window to let in some light and have something to look out of. I felt as though I was stuck in a basement room. You would be extreemly crowded if you had 4 in this cabin.

The promonade cabins are really nice, our kids had one on the Navigator and we all enjoyed the window seat looking out over all the fun stuff going on.

We do feel it is well worth the extra$$ to have a larger cabin- for us with a balcony. We do spend alot of time on our balcony enjoying our own little slice of heaven out on the ocean. Many people say don't spend alot on your cabin you won't spend much time there, well if it is a dark, tiny one then of course you won't spend too much time there...

Go with what you will be happy with and what you can afford, the ships are huge so plenty of other space outside of your cabin.

Bev

My wife and I are the only ones staying in the room. Everybody help has been appreciated.

What do you mean by appreciated ?

Remember please, the inside promenades have windows right across from yours. So you have to make sure that you are properly dressed at all times, if the curtains are open. Personally that sucks for DW & I. Now if we were exabitionists, cool, but we're not. And realize the promenade insides will be more expensive than the reg. insides. Here's something for you, when booking last cruise we looked at the cheapest balcony. After investigating, looking at pics, etc. we thought there's got to be something better. Balcony was on the Promenade deck, people could walk in front of the balcony and say hi. So for $43.00 per person we went from that situation to the second highest balcony deck it was great. I'm just showing you that things can be better for only a couple $$. Have fun on your cruise, and have a pina colada for me.

There seems to be some incorrect information here about cabin sizes so let me correct it. A couple of people have said that the inside cabins are very small. The inside cabins are actually 152 square feet. A standard outside cabin is only 161 square feet so it is only marginally bigger than an inside cabin. You will likely find that the standard outside cabin is no wider than an inside cabin but about 1 foot longer. Switching from an inside cabin to a standard outside cabin will give you a window, but not really any extra space. The inside cabins are the same size on all the decks. You pay more for an inside cabin on deck 9 than on deck 2 because there is some perception that a higher deck is better.

As for the comment that "...the Promenade rooms on the decks Maxie noted are slightly bigger because of the big window and window seat...", this is not correct either. The Promenade cabins are 149 square feet which makes them slightly smaller than an inside cabin.

As for being on deck 2, it's fine. The lower you are on the ship and the closer you are to the center of the ship the less motion you will feel. The only potential disadvantage to being on deck 2 is that you will always need the elevator to get to the pool, the buffet, etc. Inside cabins are just fine. If that's what you can afford go for it.

We are not picky people but we would rather spend the money on the ship as oppose spending on one huge room that we will only sleep in. The other point is the lower you are you are more prone you are to sea sickness is what I heard. I don't know. And catching the elevator to go to the top is no problem with me. If we find a room closer to the top for a good price we will look into it. Another question I have is we are going to book this while on Enchantment in 2007. Are they very helpful when booking your next cruise and try to give you the best price and best location for your money.

Jerry and I think alike...I was reading this thread and was going to post virtually exactly what Jerry said, then read his post...he beat me to it...

But let me add my voice anyway...

First, the size differential inside to window is NOT material...

The only thing you get with an "outside window" is a piece of glass which will be black most of the time you are in your cabin...it only really acts as a quasi alarm clock, helping you get up in the morning when the light filters in...But, that's what wake-up calls are for...

Not sure about those promenade windows...you get a view of the inside of the ship...You can get the same visuals by leaving your cabin and walking around the ship...I guess it's amatter of whether you want to watch or participate...

To me, the only reason to pay more for a cabin is to get a BALCONY--which does give you more room and some different options to use your cabin...

But, if you are the sort who only uses the cabin to sleep, change clothes and use the bathroom, the inside cabin works perfectly fine...

And all inside cabins, once you are inside the cabin, look exactly the same...The only difference is your location on the ship...

To be frank, I prefer a higher deck...only because I use the elevators less...which is no big deal...I also prefer midship on ANY deck to either extreme...only because the walks from various parts of the ship are shorter...but again, no big deal...It is never worth extra money to me to pay for a particular deck number...after years of cruising, I either book the LOWEST category balcony or the lowest category inside...if I can get it, I'll book an inside guarantee rate or a balcony guarantee rate...because I really don't care that much which cabin I'm in...All the cabins eat the same food, see the same shows and stop at the same ports...And they all have a bed and a shower and a toilet...and, as the old Motel 6 ad said, they all look the same in the dark...

We are not picky people but we would rather spend the money on the ship as oppose spending on one huge room that we will only sleep in. The other point is the lower you are you are more prone you are to sea sickness is what I heard. I don't know. And catching the elevator to go to the top is no problem with me. If we find a room closer to the top for a good price we will look into it. Another question I have is we are going to book this while on Enchantment in 2007. Are they very helpful when booking your next cruise and try to give you the best price and best location for your money.

Obviously the nicer the room the more $$$ it's going to cost you. If the inside room is easier for your budget this trip then go for it. Yes it's smaller...yes it's darker without a window...yes it's not as convenient as far as location is concerned...

But you are still on the same cruise as everybody else and they crew will say "welcome aboard" when you get on.. you'll still have a great vacation.

Yes they are helpful and you'll get an onboard credit - they are knowledgeable about the rooms and the location so you might get more information than you would from a TA.

My family and friends are thinking about cruising in Feb 2008 on the Freedom or Liberty. We are going to book an inside cabin on deck 2, is that a good floor. The price is great and if we book higher level the cost goes up. So I'm wondering is their a difference and does a inside cabin face the promonade. Which rooms face the promonade anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Another question is the 9th floor is just a little extra money is their a huge difference.

I was in an interior room onboard the Sovereign (which btw has some of the smallest staterooms in the fleet), and didn't mind it one bit.

Now on the Liberty in May I bit the bullet and have a corner aft.

However, with that being said, I would definitely book another interior cabin in a heart beat. A cruise is a cruise, no matter what cabin or ship you are booked on.

I say book it and enjoy!

is the Promenade view inside cabins. Also the MOO SUITE for free ice cream at Ben & Jerry's since your view is the cows' *sses.

No one is walking in front of your window as they are above everything & great view of the parades. People watching at its best.

Correction: On the Freedom, there are Promenade cabins on Decks 6, 7 & 8, just like Voyager class.

People absolutely can see into your room if you leave the curtains open. From some angles, people walking on the Royal Promenade can see in, and the people directly across the Promenade in other PR cabins can see in.

Archived