Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

I was not speaking of anyone on this board....I was saying WHY they suggest the 10.00 fee (what they are trying to avoid)...............I was speaking of the locals and people who do try to just take advantage. Sorry if I hit a nerve!

Hit a nerve?? No you did not hit a nerve...I don't take food off ships, I have no kids, I don't have a problem spending money.

I do think that the waiter should have told them the policy BEFORE taking their order and bringing the food then having them move off the chairs.

He could have stated the policy right then when he saw they were not ordering "enough"...and it could be one particular waiter too, others may be more lenient or explain more.

Once the guy only ordered $10 worth of food, the waiter should have let him know the policy before accepting the order and bringing the food.

Or do some people enjoy mysteries?

Or do they simply like a place and refuse to think anything could improve about it....did I hit a nerve??

We were just at Paradise Beach last Friday. The service was great and the food was very reasonable and very good! Drinks were pretty inexpensive too! A bucket of beer was $14 (5 bottles). Pretty good considering Margaritaville charges $7.00 a bottle!

They told us as we entered that the chairs and umbrellas were free but they ask that you buy something to eat or drink. As soon as we sat down a waiter came over and just gave us a menu. He came back about 1/2 hour later and asked if we wanted anything. We told him it was to early to drink but we'd want something later. He never bothered us again. When we were ready for a drink we got his attention and he came and took our order. Around 2 pm, we decided to have some lunch so I gave him the menu back and told him we wanted to have lunch at the bar instead of on our chairs and that was fine with him. I thought all the workers and servers were very polite and never tried to force drinks or food on us. We ate at the bar, chimichangas and burritos and ordered a bucket of beer. After eating we took the bucket back to our lounge chairs since there were still 3 beers left. After a little while, one of the servers came and added ice to our bucket. We had a good time there - there were 6 ships in port that day and the beach wasn't overly crowded at all - there were plenty of chairs. I even got to meet Paradise Beach Tom and thank him for answering all my questions over the last month!!!

I don't know how anyone could say that their food was expensive because it wasn't! Their menu is right on their site - check it out!!! The wrist bands did go up to $9 but if you use them it's well worth it, you can use the trampoline, iceberg, floating mats, snorkel equipment, canoes, etc. all for one price. Gee, when we were in Labadee, we paid $10 just for the use of ONE floating mat!!!

We didn't do any snorkeling or anything because there was a current the day we were there - they had some high winds the day before so the water was a little choppy out further where you would go snorkeling.

Ten Dollars is not a lot of money, we were in Grand Cayman the day before Cozumel; we went to the Marriott on 7 Mile Beach to do some snorkeling and we paid $20 for 2 lounge chairs and they gave us each a can of soda! WHOPPEE At Paradise Beach, we had an entire lunch for $20 plus FREE chairs, table and umbrella! Of couse we spent more money on drinks and beer, but my point is.........you could have be charged $20 for just the chairs and not received anything in return. I prefer the way it's done at Paradise Beach!!!

By the way, when we placed our first order on the beach, it was only $14 for the 2 drinks and the waiter never harassed us or bothered us to buy anything more. Of course we did anyway, but we were never bothered to purchase anything. They were very polite.

Beachbuddy

More conflicting tales LOL

Amazing how if anyone complains about something others simply rush in with their own happy stories ??

Is it possible that the OP's waiter was a jerk??

after all...he says he ordered $10 worth of food and was told that unless it was $50 they had to move off the loungers which they apparently did

however, other waiters let people sit on the loungers for hours deciding when and what to order

soemthing does not add up here...has the policy changed...do some waiters enforce it differently than others?

Also...no one is saying that people should try to get away for "free" at this place...just that there seems to be confusion about the policy

again...do the $9 "armbands" count towards the $10 per person required fee or ??

do you have to order everything at once..?? Apparently some do, some don't....

don't any of you who support this place sooo much ever think that maybe NOT everyone has such a wonderful experience??

More conflicting tales LOL Tales, no truth yes.

Amazing how if anyone complains about something others simply rush in with their own happy stories ?? Should this be a complaint only area?

Is it possible that the OP's waiter was a jerk?? Is it possible that the OP was one?

after all...he says he ordered $10 worth of food and was told that unless it was $50 they had to move off the loungers which they apparently did

however, other waiters let people sit on the loungers for hours deciding when and what to order

something does not add up here...has the policy changed...do some waiters enforce it differently than others? You said it best, it don't add up, The op paid twice the amount of a normal fair to get to the beach never posted on this thread, although some one copied his thread here without stating it was a copy, and who would get off a ship with only $60 dollars, as PB does accept credit cards as well.

Also...no one is saying that people should try to get away for "free" at this place...just that there seems to be confusion about the policy

again...do the $9 "armbands" count towards the $10 per person required fee or ?? Yes

do you have to order everything at once..?? Apparently some do, some don't.... No

don't any of you who support this place sooo much ever think that maybe NOT everyone has such a wonderful experience?? I'm sure some don't, but if you look back through PB 1,2,and now three you will find very few complaints.

This board is for the good as well as the bad, The OP stated his problems, [although not on this thread], no one is bashing his post, although many have recently posted their reviews which go against his post.

Sharecruises....have you ever been to PB? We were there 3 weeks ago and had a great time. No hazzles, just good food and cold beer. Sounds like you got a beef with the cruisers that enjoyed PB, or is it you can't stand "happy stories"?

Would rather take our credit card to PB instead of so much cash since we have no idea how much we may spend. My question is to those who have used credit if they take your card with them or you go pay at a register(at the bar) when you leave? Any unexpected charges show up on your card after you returned home?

Would rather take our credit card to PB instead of so much cash since we have no idea how much we may spend. My question is to those who have used credit if they take your card with them or you go pay at a register(at the bar) when you leave? Any unexpected charges show up on your card after you returned home?

The waiter took my card, and asked me to follow him to the bar area to sign for it, no surprises.

Biggar: I usually have them hold onto the cc, I think its safer with the waiter/bar than on the sand :)

Plus we tend to keep purchasing the buckets and its easier for the poor waiter to have the card rather than keep asking for it!

When most of the experiences at a particular place are good, you will tend to hear more 'Happy stories". Places like PB know that their business depends on people having a "good time" so they try hard for the bad experiences to be few and far between. Tom works very hard to make sure that EVERYONE enjoys their time at PB and leaves with "happy stories", unfortunately every once in awhile the opposite occurs.

Sharecruises....have you ever been to PB? We were there 3 weeks ago and had a great time. No hazzles, just good food and cold beer. Sounds like you got a beef with the cruisers that enjoyed PB, or is it you can't stand "happy stories"?

No , I have not...but I have seen this happen over and over...any post that has an "unhappy" story is bombarded by (often the same group) of happy campers

If YOUR waiter was nice, waited hours for you to order, how does that "change" the experience someone else had??

I tend to find that some people push a certain place so much and I wonder why, you may have had a good time but why try to hammer everyone else into YOUR idea of a good time??

The more you reccomend it the more people go there...more crowded, and maybe the rules have changed. I find it odd that people are quick to try to put down anyone who dare to say anything negative here

Nothing is perfect...I just wonder why some people are so "defensive" about this place. Why on earth would YOU say I don't like "happy stories"??

No , I have not...but I have seen this happen over and over...any post that has an "unhappy" story is bombarded by (often the same group) of happy campers

If YOUR waiter was nice, waited hours for you to order, how does that "change" the experience someone else had??

I tend to find that some people push a certain place so much and I wonder why, you may have had a good time but why try to hammer everyone else into YOUR idea of a good time??

The more you reccomend it the more people go there...more crowded, and maybe the rules have changed. I find it odd that people are quick to try to put down anyone who dare to say anything negative here

Nothing is perfect...I just wonder why some people are so "defensive" about this place. Why on earth would YOU say I don't like "happy stories"??

For a person that has never been to PB you sure seem defensive with your posts....If you want to clear up the policy than look on Paradise Beach's website instead of jumping all over people for having a rosy outlook. It is highly possible that different waiters perceive the "policy" different, it happens all the time in the US and people I deal with. That is when you ask someone else to clarify things - a second opinion. Did you ever think the OP might have misunderstood? I am not saying they did, but when you are in a foreign country there is sometimes a language and culture barrier.

I have made both positive and negative posts on these boards but I don't have a bad thing to say about PB, my two trips there have been great - my kids would definitely agree. No one is trying to "hammer" people into going there, this is a website to give people advice on where to go. It is how I found out about Sunset Beach in Jamaica as well and it also was a great tip. I travel alone w/ children, so this is very valuable information to me.

For a person that has never been to PB you sure seem defensive with your posts....If you want to clear up the policy than look on Paradise Beach's website instead of jumping all over people for having a rosy outlook. It is highly possible that different waiters perceive the "policy" different, it happens all the time in the US and people I deal with. That is when you ask someone else to clarify things - a second opinion. Did you ever think the OP might have misunderstood? I am not saying they did, but when you are in a foreign country there is sometimes a language and culture barrier.

I have made both positive and negative posts on these boards but I don't have a bad thing to say about PB, my two trips there have been great - my kids would definitely agree. No one is trying to "hammer" people into going there, this is a website to give people advice on where to go. It is how I found out about Sunset Beach in Jamaica as well and it also was a great tip. I travel alone w/ children, so this is very valuable information to me.

Cool...well someone else did have something bad to say about it..and others simply ignore it and try to "change" it...now we see people saying "I don't see how anyone could complain about the price of food there" etc....the guy was NOT complaining about the price of food ...he was complaining really that the waiter was NOT clear about the policy (change) Before he got the food...

What if you and your kids sat down at "sunset beach' or whatever and paid what you were told on these boards and found out the policy had changed....after your order of food or whatever came?? I am sure you would be angry

The fact YOU had a great time there does not change what happened to someone else

I have seen this on other threads too....just cause a ship was "great" for me does not mean your particular sailing/room/etc was good

I personally can make read opinions as such, without trying to change them or negate them

I do question it when people seem to be so very defensive tho

and I do not feel I am defensive since I don't know the OP or anything

Cool...well someone else did have something bad to say about it..and others simply ignore it and try to "change" it...now we see people saying "I don't see how anyone could complain about the price of food there" etc....the guy was NOT complaining about the price of food ...he was complaining really that the waiter was NOT clear about the policy (change) Before he got the food...

What if you and your kids sat down at "sunset beach' or whatever and paid what you were told on these boards and found out the policy had changed....after your order of food or whatever came?? I am sure you would be angry

The fact YOU had a great time there does not change what happened to someone else

I have seen this on other threads too....just cause a ship was "great" for me does not mean your particular sailing/room/etc was good

I personally can make read opinions as such, without trying to change them or negate them

I do question it when people seem to be so very defensive tho

and I do not feel I am defensive since I don't know the OP or anything

I would be upset, but I try not to get angry when I am on vacation. And that did happen to some people once on this board because Sunset Beach changed their entry prices sometime last year. Changes can and will happen and sometimes it might be in between the last email on Cruise critic to arrival at the port.

I didn't say my having a good time has anything to do with what happened to the OP, most people were stating that they personally didn't feel the "request" by PB was asking too much. As said before it could have been miscommunication between customer and waiter. There are always two sides to a story.

This a site where many opinions are listed, what is right for some is not right for others. I don't think anyone is trying to change an opinion, there is a healthy debate going on here. Those of us that enjoy the place are simply standing up for it by listing some of our experience. If you were reading about where to go I think you would want many opinions and ideas to help make your decision...if everyone agreed, wouldn't it be boring?

Sorry...your post is out of line...I don't work for any of these beach bars in cozumel or aruba or anywhere

I do hope to get honest information on these boards.

Some people need to put down their pom poms and see if the questions will be answered.

sharecruises, Enough OK!

1. You have indicated in other threads that you have no intension on going to PB.

2. You have never been to PB so what good can you add to this thread other than trying to argue your OPINION of the way others should act or post.

3. The original OP has never posted directly to this thread himself, and if he or she would like to offer their own OPINION that is what this board is for. Every single poster that has visited PB around the time as the OP has not experienced the same problems, get over it someone had a bad day.

4.PB at this point does not need cheerleaders, there business speaks loudly for itself, and the questions have been answered above by a few recent customers.

sharecruises, Enough OK!

1. You have indicated in other threads that you have no intension on going to PB.

2. You have never been to PB so what good can you add to this thread other than trying to argue your OPINION of the way others should act or post.

3. The original OP has never posted directly to this thread himself, and if he or she would like to offer their own OPINION that is what this board is for. Every single poster that has visited PB around the time as the OP has not experienced the same problems, get over it someone had a bad day.

4.PB at this point does not need cheerleaders, there business speaks loudly for itself, and the questions have been answered above by a few recent customers.

Actually YOU speak loudly for it, posting in many other threads advising people to go there

Yes, someone clearly copied a thread and posted it here..to ask a question

Maybe someone will answer it...does the $9 count towards the $10 required fee or whatever

You know, when people push something so hard it seems very fake...you have posted about PB in many other threads, such as the "all inclusive" thread...and the Playa Mia thread

why the big hard sell?? When I see that much hard sell I feel very suspicious about a place...do you get kickbacks or what??

Actually YOU speak loudly for it, posting in many other threads advising people to go there

Yes, someone clearly copied a thread and posted it here..to ask a question

Maybe someone will answer it...does the $9 count towards the $10 required fee or whatever

You know, when people push something so hard it seems very fake...you have posted about PB in many other threads, such as the "all inclusive" thread...and the Playa Mia thread

why the big hard sell?? When I see that much hard sell I feel very suspicious about a place...do you get kickbacks or what??

Actually I have never seen a poster copy a thread without including the OP name.Kick backs,Nope wish I did, you will see several people post here alot. Yes I have posted on other threads, I ask questions about what they are looking for, If PB fits what that is then by all means I will let them know, [this is what this board is for] and one recently posted their review, I only give out facts that I know to be true. As Ive said before the $9 dollar band does go toward the $10 dollar deal.

Really if you read back through all the threads you will find that I do not post something that has not been posted before. All I offer is my input on what we did, and yes I looked to this board for answers. You on the other hand have never been there so why bother.

Archived