Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

We are cruising in December and will be in Cozumel on the 23rd.

I have read many people mention "black out" dates for this independent excursion.

I am looking for the site that gives you the black out dates for the Fury snorkeling that departs from Paradise Beach.

Since we are so close to Christmas, I did not know if the "holiday" would mean no Fury.

Thanks!!

I am looking for the site that gives you the black out dates for the Fury snorkeling that departs from Paradise Beach.

It isn't the Fury snorkel excursion that departs from PB. Fury has it's own beach further on down the coast.

I think right on the paradise beach website it tells you what days of the week it doesnt operate, something tells me WEdnesday but I'm not sure, and it was the fury I saw at that dock, and I think its the Fury on all their website pics in any case i was surprised when we arrived in cosumel cuz driving down to PB we must have passed lie 8 furys.

I think right on the paradise beach website it tells you what days of the week it doesnt operate, something tells me WEdnesday but I'm not sure, and it was the fury I saw at that dock, and I think its the Fury on all their website pics in any case i was surprised when we arrived in cosumel cuz driving down to PB we must have passed lie 8 furys.

The Paradise Beach website was the first place I looked, but when I clicked the side "snorkeling" ticker...it just said "snorkeling coming soon".

So I clicked on "Resources" and that is where I saw the advertisement for "Famous Fury", but no black out dates. It just asked if you wanted a cruiseship or private tour and then described each.

Fury was the only snorkeling tour on Paradise Beach website...so that I why I made the connection between the two.

Thanks...we aren't there on a Wednesday in December...so maybe we will be ok!

Just wondering if Paradise Beach allows you to bring a cooler of snacks? We wouldn't be bringing drinks - maybe some sandwiches, snack type food, etc.

Kris

Another thing to consider is that you can not bring those things off the ship, if that was your intention. The ports have strict restrictions about any food items that are not "factory sealed" (for lack of a better term) to protect the island from all kinds of things that I don't even understand. But they have a reason for these restrictions.

If you are going to buy "sandwiches" in town, then you will probably pay the same price as to eat there.

I have a special needs child and have brought off a small box of cereal (sealed) before cause we need it sometimes to settle his stomach. However, I would not bring anything other than that and unopened bottled water off the ship.

Paradise Beach opens at 9AM, so I would recommend that you get there early and enjoy the amenities (some drinks....a plate of cheese nachos) and then about 1pm head back to the ship and eat lunch there. I know the food at PB is very safe....as it is many places on the island. But I am funny about my food. I have had the cheese nachos and they are delicious.

Remember that the wristband price is $9 starting November 1st, but the wristbands are an option. Our 2 sons will be taking full advantage in December, but Dad and I are "shade hogs"...so we won't. I will be spending my money on important things...like frozen drinks ~~~or drinks served in pineapples!!!

Have a great cruise!!

PB is a privately owned and run beach. It is not a public beach. I don't know if technically you can or can't bring your own food, but frankly it would be very tacky. Kind of like going to a restaurant and bringing your own food but ordering your drinks. PB allows free use of their chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, other factilites, including taking care that the beach to it is attractive and clean for use. All this is free of charge but in return you are expected to buy your drinks and food there. This is not a public beach, its a private one that does not charge a cover charge and makes their money to cover the costs of their expenses through food and beverage purchases.

Also, the previous posters who mentioned not taking food off this ship are correct.

I haven't been to Paradise Beach in a couple of years. It's interesting to read they now charge a few for the water activies (wrist bands). I imagine that is a good idea because it was filled to the brim with kids the last time I was there.

This may be a goofy question...sorry!! I am a small town girl and will be in Cozumel along with 8 other ships in November. I am traveling with my three kids (for the first time ever) and we are going to Chankanaab Park for a few hours. After reading these boards I would LOVE to go to Paradise Beach afterwards. How do we get there? Is it going to be crowded with that many ships in port? I really need some advice on this...it is totally new to me!!

TIA!!

Kari

You can take a taxi from Chankanaab park (there have them sitting out there waiting for you) to Paradise Beach. It's not far away. momof4boys is right. It's right next to San Fran Beach. You can see the tail end of Chankanaab from PB.

It will be crowded with lots of ships in town. If you are one of the lucky ones to arrive 7 or 8 am, you would want to go there 1st or wait until later in the afternoon like 2pm when some have gone back to the ship for lunch.

This may be a goofy question...sorry!! I am a small town girl and will be in Cozumel along with 8 other ships in November. I am traveling with my three kids (for the first time ever) and we are going to Chankanaab Park for a few hours. After reading these boards I would LOVE to go to Paradise Beach afterwards. How do we get there? Is it going to be crowded with that many ships in port? I really need some advice on this...it is totally new to me!!

TIA!!

Kari

Is your park trip one that is thru the cruise line? If so then you should be one of the first off the ship, if not do your park trip then just head to PB, they do have alot of chairs, and people come and go all day long, you may have to wait a min or two for some chairs, but not real long. Enjoy your trip its a great place.

Just realized that I am in Cozumel on Dec 14th with 7 other ships and ours is the last ship to get in, that means I probably wont be able to get a chair or a spot. Thats a bummer!!!!I was so looking forward to PB and the drinks in pineapples and coconuts.

PB is a privately owned and run beach. It is not a public beach.
More of an explanation is provided at http://www.mexicoexpo.com/pages/beachaccess.html, but I think is says that basically below the mean high tide anyone has access and the government owns the land (quoted from that link):

What does all of this mean for the average Mexico visitor? Basically it's great news! This means that you can walk on, hang out on and take a nap on any beach in Mexico within this 20 meter zone. Even those beaches in front of the swankiest hotels and houses on the Mexican coastline. Pretty cool, huh?

The beach club is privately owned, the beach is not.

Can you pay for the fun pass, food and drinks with a credit card or travelers checks? Is there a charge for that?

I hate having to bring a wad of cash on the beach!

We'll be there Nov 9 on the Mariner--looks like we're the last ship of 8 that day!! Is it really going to be a problem getting a chair or 2?

Thanks

Can you pay for the fun pass, food and drinks with a credit card or travelers checks? Is there a charge for that?

I hate having to bring a wad of cash on the beach!

We'll be there Nov 9 on the Mariner--looks like we're the last ship of 8 that day!! Is it really going to be a problem getting a chair or 2?

Thanks

They do accept credit cards(no extra charge). For two, no I would still go by there, if they are packed san fran is right next to them, and one of the two should have room.

More of an explanation is provided at http://www.mexicoexpo.com/pages/beachaccess.html, but I think is says that basically below the mean high tide anyone has access and the government owns the land (quoted from that link):

What does all of this mean for the average Mexico visitor? Basically it's great news! This means that you can walk on, hang out on and take a nap on any beach in Mexico within this 20 meter zone. Even those beaches in front of the swankiest hotels and houses on the Mexican coastline. Pretty cool, huh?

The beach club is privately owned, the beach is not.

I stand corrected that the land is owned by the government....

However, I meant that all the facitlities that are there and would be used are privately owned such as the chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, showers and the beach is cleaned and taken care of by the employees that are paid for by the beach club. The government is not cleaning and caring for the beach. The government has not built and cared for and cleaned the restrooms and paid for the water and electricity. The government has not supplied the chairs and umbrellas for the good of the visitors. These have been paid for by the beach club. If a person comes in and expects to use all the facilites and take advantage of the work to maintain the beach for their enjoyment, but then wants to bring in their own food I think that is tacky. Many of the beach clubs have a cover charges so even if the beach land is not owned by the beach club, they obviously have some sort of rights in that they have a cover charge.

beach clubs have a cover charges so even if the beach land is not owned by the beach club, they obviously have some sort of rights in that they have a cover charge.
Their "rights" are only to charge for the use of their facilities.

Their "rights" are only to charge for the use of their facilities.

YES!!!...that is exactly my point.

The facilities are privately owned and maintained and there is a cost involved for the beach club for the provision and maintainence of these services and facilites. That was my point entirely. So to use the services and facilites and then to bring in your own food in an effort not to have to make a purchase from the club that is providing these services and facilites I think is tacky.

What is the point here!!! The poster asked if she/he could use the facilities and bring in her own food. She likely can, but IMHO I think it would be tacky, not illegal, but bad manners so to speak.

DW and I were in Cozumel on Thursday without anything planned. After getting off the ship (Inspiration, tendered at International Pier) we decided to grab a taxi to Paradise Beach. It was early and almost nobody was there so I lay down and my wife hopped into the water. We stayed for a couple hours, with her getting her hair braided and with me getting a massage. Martin took good care of us as we sampled the nachos, Coke, and Dos Equis.

We would've stayed longer but needed to get cleaned up at the ship and then hit downtown before we sailed away at 6. We had a great time and hope to be back sooner rather than later.

Archived