Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

Are there things for small children to do at PB? 3 and almost 2 years old? Or should we be looking at a resort with a children's pool?

We took 7 children, ages 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 3.5, 4.5, & 5, this past October and they all had a blast playing on the beach and in the water. The only thing I suggest is to bring lifejacket if they are not swimmers or whatever they are accustomed to wearing in water. Paradise Beach has a well-rounded menu that I am sure you can find food for everyone from chicken fingers to cheese quesadillas. They have kayaks that an adult can take the children out on and a water trampoline. I don't think you will be disappointed...it's even relaxing enough for the littles one to nap on a lounge chair;)

We took 7 children, ages 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 3.5, 4.5, & 5, this past October and they all had a blast playing on the beach and in the water. The only thing I suggest is to bring lifejacket if they are not swimmers or whatever they are accustomed to wearing in water. Paradise Beach has a well-rounded menu that I am sure you can find food for everyone from chicken fingers to cheese quesadillas. They have kayaks that an adult can take the children out on and a water trampoline. I don't think you will be disappointed...it's even relaxing enough for the littles one to nap on a lounge chair;)

Thanks. We decided PB is where we will go and if we need to go to a pool we can go next door to San Francisco. Or is that AI?

Thanks. We decided PB is where we will go and if we need to go to a pool we can go next door to San Francisco. Or is that AI?

Sorry can't answer about the pool...the kids enjoyed the beach so much we never had to look for an alternative:D Don't forget to try the quacamole...my group said it was the best they ever had, not bad for a bunch of Texans.

MY DH and I spent part of our first time in Cozumel at Paradise Beach and we really had a nice time. It was raining when we first docked in Cozumel but it cleared for a few hours and we were able to enjoy the nice atmosphere at Paradise Beach.

We arrived mid morning and were able to get water side loungers with a table and umbrella. The service was on the ball, the beer cold and the food was great. I found a lap top at the bar with a free internet sign and was able to email my DD and check a few things back home while DH enjoyed one last beer. I met Tom, very nice gentleman who actually took the time to talk to us and seemed to enjoy talking to his customers. Having worked in the restaurant business I must say I appreciated his friendliness. He mentioned the free internet had just been installed the week before. Nice touch Tom and thanks for a great time!

We enjoyed the floats and the young people seemed to enjoy the trampoline and iceburg. The beach was not very crowded and we left in the early afternoon. We would visit Paradise Beach again.

Cozumel is on CST so if your ship left from a CST port (Texas, N.O. etc) you'll be on the same time as us. If you leave from an EST port (Florida) You'll be one hour ahead of us. This is the general rule, though I've heard of Captains asking you to change your watches as well to local time! Basically, just pay attention to what the ship tells you! Oh and if it's a Leap Year, the Captain confiscates all watches and you have to rely on telling time from the position of the sun!...really!

paradisecozumel

Tom,

So if the snorkel trip leaves at 12:30 Coz time, it'll be 1:30 eastern time, right? I believe we're in port from 10 am to 7:00 pm.

Thanks for the info..........hope it's a sunny day and hope we get to meet you. You've been so helpful.

Beachbuddy

Tom,

So if the snorkel trip leaves at 12:30 Coz time, it'll be 1:30 eastern time, right? I believe we're in port from 10 am to 7:00 pm.

Thanks for the info..........hope it's a sunny day and hope we get to meet you. You've been so helpful.

Beachbuddy

Correct 12:30 cst/1:30 est.

Have a great time!

Tom,

Beachbuddy

Correct, but remember that the catamaran company changed the time to noon on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat!

paradisecozumel

This sounds like a nice day off from the ship. For 5 of us how much would a taxi be to Paradise beach? Will there be plenty at the port and again for the return? Is this a place where it is "safe to eat and drink the water?"

Is it free to go to the beach, but then charges for all other things? I saw the $8 pass for the fun water activites. Do they give a wristband or such? Does that include snorkel equipment or should we bring our own?

Bathrooms?

Tom, please ask the people that do the snorkle trip to schedule one for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving..I know it is a black out date but there are 8 ships in port that day,,

and I for one would love to go snorkling that day...

See you then

Tina

This sounds like a nice day off from the ship. For 5 of us how much would a taxi be to Paradise beach? Will there be plenty at the port and again for the return? Is this a place where it is "safe to eat and drink the water?"

Is it free to go to the beach, but then charges for all other things? I saw the $8 pass for the fun water activites. Do they give a wristband or such? Does that include snorkel equipment or should we bring our own?

Bathrooms?

Taxi is 12-14 usd (depending on the pier) one way for four (unsure of 5 but we were in a 12 pas van with only 4 of us, for our return trip), they have taxi's at the beach for return to the pier. It is now $9 from what I'm told to use the water toys, includes trampoline,ice berg water mats, snorkel gear, life vests, and kayak. Enjoy your day!!!

Tom, please ask the people that do the snorkle trip to schedule one for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving..I know it is a black out date but there are 8 ships in port that day,,

and I for one would love to go snorkling that day...

See you then

Tina

Unfortunatly I dont think you will have any luck. as the snorkel tour that goes out of PB is obligated to a certain cruise line that will be in port on the 15th. Your only hope is that there are only 4 ships in that day, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!!! Have a great trip!

Will there be a snorkel trip from PB on Saturday, 12/9/06? What size is the boat and how many people do they take?

Thanks in advance for the info!

You shouldn't have a problem on Saturday, I believe it is a 65 ft catamaran, # of guests depends on the day, but with only three ships that day it should be lite.

We were at PB last Saturday, Nov 4. wow....We were certainly pleased and the beach met all of our expectations. Tom is the greatest host and he even remembered to write my name on his hand and as soon as I said "what does it say on your hand?", he knew who I was. I did climb the iceberg and we had front row seats. We met lots of nice people, both that worked there and from other cruise ships. There was plenty of room at the beach as there was only three ships in port that day. Tom has the personality and charisma for the vocation he is in.

Tom, the beach is very nice, clean, and the changing rooms was a nice touch. Our waiter, Martin was very responsive and always took care of us. He called me by name after telling him the first time we met when we got their at 10:30.. That makes the customer feel very important. Also, thanks for the info on the local area that you provided to Pam and me.

Here is Tom and me with my name writtenon his hand.

353243643_InspirationNov2006.jpg.76536a9428c6f499db789f1e855e5eff.jpg

Bathrooms?

One way taxi fare for 4 is either $12 or $13USD from the pier (depends which one). If you have 1 or more kids, they'll usually squeeze a 5th passenger in for 2-3 bucks more. If not, you'll have to take 2 cabs or a taxi van. Lots of cabs at the piers and PB. Confirm the price BEFORE you get in the taxi!

I'd say the vast majority, if not all the tourist restaurants in Cozumel are "safe to eat and drink the water". They wouldn't be in business long if they weren't! We use 100% purified water and ice.

No admission fee, lounge chairs and umbrellas free if you buy food/drink. The $9USD fun pass wristband includes full snorkel gear. Yes, we have bathrooms. And showers and changerooms....hasta la vista!:)

paradisecozumel

Archived