Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

Me and my DH went to Paradise Beach in September. We loved it. We had some great drinks and great food. I did get to meet Tom and he was the nicest man. He even remembered me from the few post I wrote. I was amazed at that. We unfortunately got rain the day we were there, but it did not stop us from having a good time. The whole crew there were very nice. We are hoping to get back to Cozumel in February and looking forward to going back to Paradise. This is one beach I would recommend over and over again.:)

How do I get one of those Pina Coladas in a Pineapple ?

I didnt see it on the Menu...:eek:

Hi, Paradise Beach Tom,

My friends and I will be in Cozumel on 11/29. My hubby and I had horseback riding before so we will skip this time. However, my friends will take one. Do you have this excursion available at your beach? Do you have website which I can do more study on the facility at your place? Do you have fresh water pool? or anything else?

Thanks!

Lydia

I was at Paradise Beach Nov.9. It was the best day of my cruise.The beach was beautiful. Drinks were great. I drank margaritas, my husband tried a variety of drinks. The food was awesome. I tried to climb the iceburg. Could not do it, but kids were going up it like nothing. Our waiter Alfredo was great. Always right there when we needed something. I would have liked to stay there all day, but my husband wanted to go to Carlos and Charlies. So we left at 2:00. Carlos and Charlies was fun but I preferred Paradise beach. We will definatly go there again, that time I am staying all day.

We have a 3 reef snorkel planned for our day in Cozumel. We will be done around 3:30. The sun sets at 5:00. I am thinking that my 8 year old won't have enough time at PB. Any comments? Do you agree? I can always cancel the snorkel if necessary.

Our ship does not leave until 11:00 at night. Any recommendations on where to go in town after PB shuts down at 5:30 or so? Any great authentic Mexican restaurants?

Thanks for your insights!!!

I like Pancho's Backyard. Food and service is good! And there's a really cute store in the front of the restaurant..........you have to walk thru the store to get to the restuarant.......it's called "Cinco Los.......I can't remember" If I recall, it was practically the last store in town, but it was on a main road. Food was wonderful!

We're going to be in Coz the week of Dec 3rd and we were planning on going to Paradise Beach and maybe booking the snorkeling trip right at the beach and I'm hoping that we have enough time to visit Pancho's.........even if it's just for a snack and a Margarita.

Last time in Coz, we went on snorkeling on authentic mexican boats to 3 different sites so this time we're planning on just taking a taxi over to Paradise Beach. Everyone talks so highly about it on the boards.

Beachbuddy

Hola!! I will be in Cozumel next Wednesday ... what's the forecast? Will the weather be good (warm) enough for beach activities?

I'll be visiting Paradise Beach for the first time and have my hopes set high for a great time!! :D Last time we were in Coz we enjoyed Sally's massage and shopping ... this time I want to enjoy the beaches!

So, tell me ... what's the weather forecast?

Steph

BEachbuddy-Who did you use to go on an authentic mexican boat to 3 different snorkeling places? Also, what was the snorkeling like? Last time we were in Cozumel (this past January on the Mariner) the water in Cozumel at Paradise Beach was kind of nasty. I think maybe a storm had moved through the area, but the beach had a lot of kelp and seaweed on it, and the water a brownish color.

Was in Cozumel two years ago with a 4 and 5 year old. Went to one of our favourite beaches with a pool but the kids never wanted to get off the beach or out of the sea. Never saw many people in the pool. Will be in Cozumel Nov. 20th and probably going to PB for the first time with 7. From Grandparents to a 6 year old.

Hey shark fan! I won't be there (day off) but my staff will take good care of you...have a great vacation!:)

One month til I cruise on Navigator of the Seas which means it wont be long til I will be sipping my pina colada in a pineapple on Paradise Beach on the 13th, I cannot wait. Tom, I am looking forward to enjoying your beach, food and drinks. Linda

Unfortunately I won't be meeting you either as it looks like Mondays will be my day off through High Season:( Enjoy the beach, my crew will take good care of you!:)

PB Tom,

I am going to be in Cozumel Monday, Nov. 20 off the Glory. QUOTE]

More folks coming on my day off! Maybe I'll have to swing by for lunch on Mondays and say hi to y'all:D

Someone probably answered your q's further down, but I'll do it anyway...

Fun pass is $9USD.

Yes, reservations are recommended for the snorkel tour. I'm not allowed to post my email but we do advertise here on Cruise Critic and you can find it there.

We accept USD, Mexican Pesos, Euros, Canadian dollars, travellers cheques, Visa and MasterCard.

If you can squeeze 5 people in your regular cab, they'll charge you 2-3 dollars over the normal one-way rate which is either $12 or $13USD. For 6 you'll need 2 cabs or a taxi van which will cost between $26-$29USD depending on which pier yer using.

We don't take reservations here, but no problem as there are only 3 ships in that day. DO get here as early as you can for the best selection though...

Hasta la vista!

paradisecozumel

This may sound like a strange question. But my kids are so afraid they will be eaten by a shark. I know the question will come when we get to PB. Are there nets or anything around the beach?

Thanks.

Just tell your kids that the giant barracudas ate all the sharks long time ago so no problemo!:eek: Oh wait, that probably won't work, huh?;) No worries, you won't see any sharkies around PB....hasta la vista!:)

paradisecozumel

Me and my DH went to Paradise Beach in September. We loved it. We had some great drinks and great food. I did get to meet Tom and he was the nicest man. He even remembered me from the few post I wrote. I was amazed at that. We unfortunately got rain the day we were there, but it did not stop us from having a good time. The whole crew there were very nice. We are hoping to get back to Cozumel in February and looking forward to going back to Paradise. This is one beach I would recommend over and over again.:)

How do I get one of those Pina Coladas in a Pineapple ?

I didnt see it on the Menu...:eek:

Just ask for a "Pai-Hai"! Glad you had a good time with us and I'll see you again next year!:)

Hi, Paradise Beach Tom,

My friends and I will be in Cozumel on 11/29. My hubby and I had horseback riding before so we will skip this time. However, my friends will take one. Do you have this excursion available at your beach? Do you have website which I can do more study on the facility at your place? Do you have fresh water pool? or anything else?

Thanks!

Lydia

We don't have horseback riding here but there is some available about a 10 minute beach walk south of us! We don't have a pool yet (waiting on permits) but hopefully soon? C'mon City Hall! Yes, we have a website. I'm not allowed to post it but we do buy advertising on this Cozumel forum so just look for our banners. Hast ala vista!

paradisecozumel

I was at Paradise Beach Nov.9. It was the best day of my cruise.The beach was beautiful. Drinks were great. I drank margaritas, my husband tried a variety of drinks. The food was awesome. I tried to climb the iceburg. Could not do it, but kids were going up it like nothing. Our waiter Alfredo was great. Always right there when we needed something. I would have liked to stay there all day, but my husband wanted to go to Carlos and Charlies. So we left at 2:00. Carlos and Charlies was fun but I preferred Paradise beach. We will definatly go there again, that time I am staying all day.

Thanks so much for that great review, will show it to Alfredo!:)

Does PB serve non-alcholic beers ie, O' Douls. My husband drinks them with Tomato juice. I myself loves pina colada. Thanks for any info!

sorry, no NA beer. We used to carry it when we 1st opened but demand was almost nil so we had to drop it. We do have loads of juices and fresh fruit smoothies though...hasta la vista!

paradisecoozumel

Okay, technically we won't be there till April 10, 2007, but after reading so much about PB I have now decided it is the place for us! We've been to Cozumel many times and we have always spent our day at Chankanaab. It broke our hearts to hear about the devastation after the hurricane last year but it did make me realize that I might have to find a new destination for our next visit to Cozumel (which is April 10, 2007). I am happy to read that Chankanaab is finally making a comeback, but I think we are really looking forward to visiting Paradise Beach now and will enjoy trying something different for the day. So be looking for us Tom! Bonnie Voyager will be in town on 4/10/07! What is the earliest we can arrive at PB? We will be on Freedom and I believe she docks at 7:00 a.m. I was planning on arriving at PB at about 9:00a.m. If PB is open earlier, we will come earlier! :D

Okay, technically we won't be there till April 10, 2007, but after reading so much about PB I have now decided it is the place for us! We've been to Cozumel many times and we have always spent our day at Chankanaab. It broke our hearts to hear about the devastation after the hurricane last year but it did make me realize that I might have to find a new destination for our next visit to Cozumel (which is April 10, 2007). I am happy to read that Chankanaab is finally making a comeback, but I think we are really looking forward to visiting Paradise Beach now and will enjoy trying something different for the day. So be looking for us Tom! Bonnie Voyager will be in town on 4/10/07! What is the earliest we can arrive at PB? We will be on Freedom and I believe she docks at 7:00 a.m. I was planning on arriving at PB at about 9:00a.m. If PB is open earlier, we will come earlier! :D

I have read that they open at 9, however there are some that show up a little earlier.

Hola!! I will be in Cozumel next Wednesday ... what's the forecast? Will the weather be good (warm) enough for beach activities?

I'll be visiting Paradise Beach for the first time and have my hopes set high for a great time!! :D Last time we were in Coz we enjoyed Sally's massage and shopping ... this time I want to enjoy the beaches!

So, tell me ... what's the weather forecast?

Steph

My group will be at PB next Wednesday as well (8 ships in port!!). The forecast is a high of 81 degrees....clear skies! Hope you enjoy your trip!:cool:

Hi Tom

Just wanted to say....I hope your back is better...sorry we didnt get a chance to meet up when we were at PB last week....hopefully one of our friends will be able to collect the postcard our friends left with you last month.

Loved your beach and your staff are great :D

We went to Paradise Beach since this board had given it such a good recomedation. We were not dissapointed. Our children (12 & 14) had some much fun. My daughter climbed the iceberg too many times to count. Got some great pictures of her at the top. My son spent hours in the kayaks. My husband and I enjoyed our time just relaxing, drinking a bucket of beer or two and having nachos. Our waiter Freddy was very good and took real good care of us. We spent 5 1/2 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.:)

Archived