Celebrity Beverages

comfortcove

Recently booked on the Century, and haven't cruised X in awhile. I was kind of shocked at strong wording of new alcohol ploicy, but am sure that has already been thoroughly discussed here. I have a few questions, if anyone can help. Does X have a soda card? What beverages are offered, and what is the cost? Are tea and lemonade still always available? Is it okay to bring bottled water, and some of my favorite soda (they will not have it) on board? Lastly, where can I view their wine list? We are travelling in Novemeber, so I am s'posed to get edocs, and haven't seen this info anywhere on the Celebrity sight. I am travelling with three thirsty kids, ages 14-21. Thanks for any help, and smooth sailing. Nancy

Thanks Chrissie. Have a great time on your cruise. We are flying in to FLL, limo to Miami, so I'll probably have to ask driver to make a beverage stop. I hope they have decent wine onboard. I am sure the free champagne in CC cabins will be bad, as well as generic wine promised by TA. I'll probably smuggle a bottle or two of spirits, and buy 12 packs of soda and water for each cabin. Bar bill can be huge for kids just with mocktails and coffee drinks, so gonna limit that this time. I purchase drinks outside of cabin, but will want a cocktail while dressing for dinner, or nightcap on the balcony. Have never been on Connie, but love Millineum.

You are NOT allowed to bring water and soda according to the rules. However, that doesn't mean you couldn't get away with it if you tried... In general, assume that they don't want you to bring anything aboard that you would otherwise have to buy from them at a markup. That's not just an X thing, but typical of cruising in general.

However, I don't really begrudge them that. When you look at the daily cost of a cruise and what you get for it, it's remarkably cheap. They NEED to make the ancillary income in order to remain profitable. Soft drinks are an area where I particularly don't mind it. If you don't want to spend excess money, they DO provide beverages (filtered water/iced tea/hot tea/coffee/lemonade/punch) 24/7 at no extra cost... If you absolutely need to have the soda or bottled water, you can buy it from them.

You are NOT allowed to bring water and soda according to the rules.
Drew,

Would you please point me in the direction of the written rules that prohibit passengers from bringing water or soda onboard. I've looked all over the Celebrity web site and my cruise docs and while I found rules about alcoholic beverages, I can't find any such rules concerning water and soda. I was under the impression from past messages in other threads that openly bringing water and soda onboard was allowed. Did this past policy recently change? Thanks.

Drew,

Would you please point me in the direction of the written rules that prohibit passengers from bringing water or soda onboard. I've looked all over the Celebrity web site and my cruise docs and while I found rules about alcoholic beverages, I can't find any such rules concerning water and soda. I was under the impression from past messages in other threads that openly bringing water and soda onboard was allowed. Did this past policy recently change? Thanks.

You know what, I can't do that. I have a vague recollection of seeing it in writing, but I'm not sure where. I just know it (or assume it) from talking to people, both onboard and off.

I agree with Dave, I have never seen or even heard of restrictions on all beverages. X does not even serve my preferred soda, and I plan to bring some. What is next, passengers being told they cannot bring personal snorkel gear, or book independent excursions. Geez....

Does X have a soda card? What beverages are offered, and what is the cost? Lastly, where can I view their wine list?

I have a copy of the wine list at http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/winelista_sm.htm just use the drop down menu/list for the additional pages, there are quite a few.

Liquor Package Info

Soda Fountain Package scroll down the page

One set price for a limitless number of fountain sodas ordered during your Celebrity cruise (does not apply to room service or in-stateroom private bar sodas). Includes Coca-Cola® souvenir mug. Not available in Michael's Club.

Order No. Price†

7-night #C700 40.00

10-night #C701 58.00

12-night #C702 69.00

14-night #C703 80.00

Not afraid to mention that I am indeed a pepsi addict, and I definitely plan to take an ample initial supply with me in checked luggage for my March Galaxy cruise. This is my 11th cruise and I have yet to find a cruiseline that offers anything but coke products. Sorry, coke is not my cup of tea!:mad:

On all of our cruises only Coca Cola products were available on the ship. I prefer Mountain Dew, so I normally do take a 12 pack of it on a cruise. I put it in my carry-on and have had no problem bringing it onboard. I plan to bring some on my next X cruise, Dec. 21, 2006 - Christmas cruise!!

Joy

I have a copy of the wine list at http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/winelista_sm.htm just use the drop down menu/list for the additional pages, there are quite a few.

Lisa - Your Our-cruises.com web site is teriffic!:)

Tons of good Galaxy info.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with others on my upcoming Galaxy cruise.

Once you receive you Celebrity ticket book there is a page called Ship Information that indicates their rules regarding what you can bring aboard. I also think it is listed in the Cruise Ticket Contract that you have to agree to. Hope this helps.

I hope we are allowed to bring our favorite soda. I only drink Caffine free pepsi or Schepps Ginger ale. I would not think of bringing my soda outside my room, but it is nice to bring my snacks, a good book and my sodas and lay across the bed and read for several hours.

This really adds to the pleasure of my vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing on a six pack of soda isn't any big deal, in my opinion. Yet there is always those who will abuse the rules. On a recent cruise that I went on, a fellow had a luggage cart full to overflowing with luggage and on top of all of his luggage were several boxed 12 packs of soda. It amazed everyone when one of those packs of soda fell off of his piled up luggage cart and busted open to reveal cans of beer. His boxed soda was taken from him by cruise personnel with the promise that it would be returned to him when the cruise ended. If a cruise line allowed everyone to bring on their own beer and soda, can't you just see people bringing on cases and cases of their favorite beverages? It wouldn't even surprise me to see kegs being hauled in.

This would also encourage excessive drinking and more drunken behavior than normal. So I can see the cruise line's side to the argument. But I would also like to bring on a bottle of our favorite wine to drink at a special occasion. I believe in following the rules and don't really have a problem with buying a bottle on board or drinking their soda. As someone else pointed out, a cruise is an excellent value and the cruise lines got to make a buck. No one is forced to buy a drink of any kind, it is optional.

These are just my thoughts on this subject. Hope I don't get blasted for expressing them.

Karon

I have never heard of anyone having their water or soda confiscated. For these short Century cruises take with you what you want but avoid buying anything at the port stop(s).

There are enough medical reasons to take your own brand of water. In many ports I've seen crew members go on shopping trips for snacks and bottled water. Alcohol is a totally different matter. Take what you want for initial boarding (with discretion) and you probably will not have a problem. We had no problem on our recent cruises from Barcelona.

Archived