important question

ajdj

I can tell you for sure...

If you are in a junior suite, no matter what ship (well, as long as it is RCI), no matter what your C&A status, all you need to do is ask for robes. If your room stewart can't provide that simple request, he/she should not be on the Jr. St. deck. (and they definitely want the Jr. St. tip.)

I can't imagine a stewart telling you "no". I would call the hotel mgr if he did.

If you are in a junior suite, no matter what ship (well, as long as it is RCI), no matter what your C&A status, all you need to do is ask for robes. If your room stewart can't provide that simple request, he/she should not be on the Jr. St. deck. (and they definitely want the Jr. St. tip.)

I can't imagine a stewart telling you "no". I would call the hotel mgr if he did.

While I believe that if you ask, you will usually get the robe, I disagree with the way that you put it. A JS is NOT a suite with "suite tipping". When you ask RC to do auto-tip, they put $3.50 per day per person on your Sea Pass Account, NOT $5.25.

Not that it is relevant anymore...but when we were on Viking Serenade in 1992, all passengers had robes for use onboard, and they had a "pajama party" for all guests in the Viking Crown. If you are in a Junior Suite on a cruise, you should get robes, simply because of the suite designation. It doesn't matter whether it has the full suite designation or not. :D And Merion Mom is correct about the lesser tip amount.

I hope this helps, I know for sure that you can request a robe no matter what catagory you have, even on deck 2 inside cabin. I have done so in the past with no problems at all. As for slippers, I never asked and do not know if they even have any for the guests, but I would not wanna wear slippers worn by someone else anyway.

Happy cruising, and enjoy your robe.. they are big, bulky and very fluffy.. very nice and comfortable.

Well I agree up to the point that if you ask for a robe you will most likely get it and your steward will most likely do the effort to get one for you - regardless of cabin category.

But, and here it comes to the point disagreement starts, it´s not guaranteed that it will work this way.

Due to RCCL policy JS are not entitled to Robes if you are not at least Platinum C&A member.

As a result if there are Robes left after giving them to all Platinum and higher C&A members as well as Suite guests (not JS) they will probably be happy to provide you with robes on a first come first serve basis, but it has nothing to do with Steward working on JS deck or even calling the Hotel Manager. Also like Carol stated, you don´t pay the Suite tip for JS.

So far for

"I can tell you for sure";) :rolleyes:

When you get slippers, they are new. They are terry cloth with a rubber sole, they also have RCCL logo on them. Our room steward said they were ours to keep. We have two pair at home now.

The only problem with wearing them around the house, is that I get sea sick unless I drink a couple margaritas. (Or is that the other way around??):rolleyes:

Hypo

As for slippers, I never asked and do not know if they even have any for the guests, but I would not wanna wear slippers worn by someone else anyway.

The slippers that are given out are actually quite nice. They are the spa slippers and come brand new in a cello package. I have a couple pair from QM2 that I now pack along in my carry on.

To be honest with you, I'd rather have the slippers than the robe! I don't even bother to wear the heavy terry robes, too hot for me.

The slippers that are given out are actually quite nice. They are the spa slippers and come brand new in a cello package. I have a couple pair from QM2 that I now pack along in my carry on.

To be honest with you, I'd rather have the slippers than the robe! I don't even bother to wear the heavy terry robes, too hot for me.

thanks for the info.. I bought a pair in advance from gifts and gear along while ago and they were waiting in my cabin when I boarded. I wear them a lot and do like them a lot :) I also got a robe with a royal romance honeymoon package I bought in May of 2005. We got a pair of them and they are very nice.

it is the same as a D1 or under tip, not the suite tip that costs more. Jr suite is NOT a true suite.

If you are platinum member, are the robes automatically in your stateroom or do you have to ask?

They should be in your room when you arrive no matter what catagory room you are in. On one cruise, the cabin steward forgot to bring them until around the 3rd day. Since we don't generally use them, we didn't bother to remind her. That same cabin steward "forgot" to turn down our bed after dinner one night as well. She was something of a dissapointment.

Archived