****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

WOW...it's 7:55am and they still haven't called our tour...they have only called 2 day trips tours so far...so something is wrotten in Denmark here this morning!!!!

Tony

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ahoy Tony,

For once I am up late & thought I'd check in with you.

Sorry not to have a beautiful sunrise like other mornings.

Hope things become more organized for your tour & you are soon on your way. Have a wonderful time & Be safe.

Really do appreciate your Live Posts.

Cathy

Ok I am getting pretty impatient here in the Internet Cafe waiting for this to be called????

Not a great start to this day thus far....let's hope it get's much better and this is just a little bump in the road!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Ahoy Tony,

For once I am up late & thought I'd check in with you.

Sorry not to have a beautiful sunrise like other mornings.

Hope things become more organized for your tour & you are soon on your way. Have a wonderful time & Be safe.

Really do appreciate your Live Posts.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy for the support!

glad you are enjoying my Live from's...

Tony

Looks as if we will just miss each other on the Golden in February. I board 2/24. Cannot wait.

Yes that will be the only time taht we are going back home from the Golden Princess....I will be onboard from Jan 10th 2007 in Aruba all teh way to SFO on April 12th.

I will be doing an extensive Live from for the entire cruise season in South America aboard the Golden Princess.

Tony

Now I am confused, you ARE onboard? Or off for the 12 days I am on??

At least with your live posts from 2/12 I'll have a sneak peek for our cruise ;)

Still waiting???

No Cathy I will be disembarking in Valparaiso on Feb 24th after being onboard from Jan 10th cruising consecutively until Feb 24th and then flying home and re-joing in Buenos Aires on March 8th again and staying onboard until San Francisco April 12th.

Tony

Enjoy your trip Tony.

Looks like you will have to go with the flow.......

Won't be so many on Royal Princess.

Yes David this is ONE very big negative about cruising on a Grand Class ship. Also, it's the first time a Grand Class ship has been here for quite some time so logistically they are so lost this morning it's obvious too me.

Can't wait for the new Royal Princess.....

Tony

We'll they just called my tour ...FINALLY at 8:25am 1 and half hours late!

Alright take care of yourseleves on here!

More to follow at some point alter today while in Cairo.

Tony

Hi......

Just wanted to say good morning to you before retiring for the night here. Amazing, what a difference 7 hours makes.

We are anxiously awaiting your opinions of the Cairo overnight. Milt and I both want to do it next year, so hope it's as wonderful as it sounds. You will do it again with us, won't you?

Have a great 2 days and enjoy!

Arlene

P.S. Don't eat camel

Hey Arlene,

Come with us for this cruise next year!! We're already booked and we've got a thread going for the Star Princess for next year, so far there are 12 of us. Perhaps we can lure Tony back?!?!? I am having such vicarious thrills from this thread not the mention all the great tips. I am mostly looking forward to hearing what Tony has to report for this overnight as its the main reason my husband and I are going. :D :D :D

Hey Arlene,

Come with us for this cruise next year!! We're already booked and we've got a thread going for the Star Princess for next year, so far there are 12 of us. Perhaps we can lure Tony back?!?!? I am having such vicarious thrills from this thread not the mention all the great tips. I am mostly looking forward to hearing what Tony has to report for this overnight as its the main reason my husband and I are going. :D :D :D

Anubi (what's your name anyway?),

Can't be on the Star with you, since we'll already be on the Royal as of 11/4. My baby brother can't go with you, since he's already cruising with us. :) In any event, we all booked this cruise for Nov. '07 in August '05, about one second after it became available. We'll be doing the overnight for sure; just depends on whether it's through Princess or arranged privately by Tony.

Arlene

P.S. Don't eat camel

Ewww!....you couldn't pay me too eat Camel!...

Do people really eat camel?

Take care of yourselveson here and enjoy yourselves as well and keep this thread alive (within the guidelines please)....

Now how are we going to do this? Arlene?????

Do people really eat camel?

Now how are we going to do this? Arlene?????

Hi Miss & A,

Let's all be good while Tony is away & Just Say Good Things about

Princess;) & the Golden;) , OK?

My Best!

Bill (Land-Locked:( in the Lovely NC Mountains on a Lake on a Beautiful Sunny Day, with Canadian Geese & Mallard Ducks, out my Home/Ofc French Doors.:D )

(5 Days B/4 Flying to Rome on Thurs & a Golden TA on 11/29(LIVE):eek:

Mary, we will manage to muddle through until baby brother checks in . And yes, people eat camel (says Milt.....the authority on everything).

Arlene

Hi A,:)

I posted the Above NO, B/4 I got your Yes, from Milt post! ;) :eek: ;)

Bill(L-L):eek:

No, But they Do "Smoke" them!:D :D

Bill

Now that I have heard of, though not a smoker myself.

Let's all be good while Tony is away & Just Say Good Things about

Princess;) & the Golden;) , OK?

We always say good things about Princess! It's our chatting about non-Princess topics that get us in trouble.

And yes, people eat camel (says Milt.....the authority on everything). :)

Ok, if Milt saids so. Do they just put one on a spit and have a BBQ?

Gee if Tony does have to take a Camel ride .... Camels can be very moody making snorty grunting noises...and can bite.....if they decide they don't wont to move they will just not get up on their legs.:D ....He should test for 'Mood of the Day' with those critters:eek:

Ok, since we're on the subject of camels..........Milt and I each rode a camel for over an hour along a river in Australia. His camel kept trying to turn around to kiss my camel and it even managed to lick me. :eek: YUK :eek: Once you get used to being "up there", the rest of it is sort of fun. "Sam" and I became instant best friends. :)

Arlene

P.S. I heard you stuff a camel with baaaaaaaaa before roasting it. That counts me out.

About CAMEL EATING....

I have been invited to the Al Ain (one the UNITED GULF EMIRATES) Emir's son marriage 5 years ago: the marriage ceremony FOR THE MEN ONlY was held at the Al Ain Hilton while the Ladies ceremony,at the same time, took place in the Emir's Palace.We were a group (ladies and men mixed,please note)of about 20 italian tourists and we were waiting to enter the restaurant.At that time in Al Ain there were wery few tourists...may be we were the only group in the hilton.The Emir saw us waiting while , seated on a small throne , was surrounded by the arriving members of his court and sent someone to ask us if we would accept his invitation to his son's wedding banquet,(only asking the ladies to sit togeter at one table)

How to say NO to the Emir ? Incredibily happy we entered the splendid garden were dozen of round tables were elegantly prepared. But we noticed a big covered round dish placed in the middle of each table. Shortly...later we discovered that ANY round dish contained a BABY CAMEL !!!! Later they explained us that this was the simbol of a royal wedding because only an emir could afford such an incredible expense. In fact, as you know, camel , even today , is the desert's ship and can cost thousand dollars each.So for the royal wedding they killed dozens of baby camel. A true royal crazyness... How it tastes ? Most of our group didn't even touch not to say "look",I'm always culinary advetourous , so I tried...it's like a kind of (enormous) boiled rabbit .They eated it with the hands (fortunately they were so kind to give us cutlery)and different sauces. THATS MY INCREDIBLE AND NEVER-TO-BE-FORGOTTEN, experience with camel eating !!!!

...sorry for my english. Alberto,Italy

NEXT CRUISE :

GOLDEN PRICESS NEW ORLEANS TO RIO JAN 6 2007

Ok, since we're on the subject of camels..........Milt and I each rode a camel for over an hour along a river in Australia. His camel kept trying to turn around to kiss my camel and it even managed to lick me. :eek: YUK :eek: Once you get used to being "up there", the rest of it is sort of fun. "Sam" and I became instant best friends. :)

Arlene

P.S. I heard you stuff a camel with baaaaaaaaa before roasting it. That counts me out.

A camel ride sounds good, Arlene. :D Lamb is good too but camel, I don't know. However, if I was invited like Alberto, I might just give it a try to be polite. Alberto, you didn't say whether you liked it or not. What a great experience you had! To be invited to a royal wedding!

Archived