****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

Tony:

Let us know (even at the last minute) if you decide to make it all the way to SF (instead of jumping ship earlier)! /Sultan

I certainly appreciate the offer Sultan...and I love San Fran so you might be able to sway me from jumping ship in Cabos San Lucas for sure!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Hi Tony - Thank for the update on no more lunch at Sabatini's. I informed the family over Thanksgiving Dinner -- all were disappointed, but we're not willing to do Sabatini's for the marathon dinner!

Next question from the family - Besides the "public" saunas off the Lotus Pool area, are there any other type of saunas, steam rooms, thermal suites, etc. on the Golden?

Thank you again,

It's called "Black Friday" because that is the day when, theoretically, merchants reach the point of making a profit for the year and the red ink thus changes to black.

Dear Caribill: Glad I found you!

:) Saw your photos of Manaus Cruise...absolutely WONDERFUL!

We are on th eGolden Jan 6 from New Orleans to Rio , spend a few days there with my brother, then fly out to Manaus and do side trips on our own , joining the Regal Jan 28 to San Juan.

Any more info on arranging tours etc in Manaus will be very welcome. My email is Chevygiant@aol.com.

Thanks, hope we meet you on one of these journeys...

Prat, Chicago

Hi Tony - Thank for the update on no more lunch at Sabatini's. I informed the family over Thanksgiving Dinner -- all were disappointed, but we're not willing to do Sabatini's for the marathon dinner!

Next question from the family - Besides the "public" saunas off the Lotus Pool area, are there any other type of saunas, steam rooms, thermal suites, etc. on the Golden?

Thank you again,

Men's change room has a sauna/steam room but other than there's no others on the ship.

Tony

Dear Caribill: Glad I found you!

:) Saw your photos of Manaus Cruise...absolutely WONDERFUL!

We are on th eGolden Jan 6 from New Orleans to Rio , spend a few days there with my brother, then fly out to Manaus and do side trips on our own , joining the Regal Jan 28 to San Juan.

Any more info on arranging tours etc in Manaus will be very welcome. My email is Chevygiant@aol.com.

Thanks, hope we meet you on one of these journeys...

Prat, Chicago

Prat...I had no idea that you are this cruise on Jan 6th as well...I missed you by not being on the Sept 1st cruise with John and Dee Miner....looking forward too meeting you.

Tony

Prat...I had no idea that you are this cruise on Jan 6th as well...I missed you by not being on the Sept 1st cruise with John and Dee Miner....looking forward too meeting you.

Tony

Tony:

GREAT! Yes you should have been on th eSept 1 Mumbai to Bangkok...especially because we are natives of Mumbai!

Also had a wonderful time with John & Dee Miner...They also know CacctusRose on this cruise.

Also enjoyed your many postings from the PAcific..

Hope you can speak French, as we are also ex-Montrealers!

Prat:D :D :D

Tony:

GREAT! Yes you should have been on th eSept 1 Mumbai to Bangkok...especially because we are natives of Mumbai!

Also had a wonderful time with John & Dee Miner...They also know CacctusRose on this cruise.

Also enjoyed your many postings from the PAcific..

Hope you can speak French, as we are also ex-Montrealers!

Prat:D :D :D

It's funny how so many of us know each other....

Of course I speak French!

Tony

:cool: :eek:

:)

Remember that the $5.50 probably included a cover charge for the belly dancer! But I guess if you don't like Coke you're not interested anyway. Are Coke and Pepsi EVER sold in the same place?

Sure, in our local grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc., but never on cruise ships. Coke has the exclusive.

Hazem at Blue Nile Tours was a tour guide for 15 years before starting his own company 3 years ago. He reminds me of the Avis ad: he tries harder!

I have every intention of contacting him as early as this coming week.

I am looking forward to your Live From. I am SURE it will be great! Hope we can cruise together sometime because I'd love to meet you!

I'll do my best, but there is no way I can devote the same amount of time that Tony does. Would like to meet you too.

Warm regards,

Vicki

Arlene

Well this is an interesting photo....

In another thread I saw pictures of the Golden pulling into dry dock. So I decided i'd go check out the webcam. Here is what I see...

golden_bridge.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:

This one has been up most of today. Strange one isn't it? Striscia la Notizia seems to be an Italian TV station or TV show of some kind. Not really sure.

This one has been up most of today. Strange one isn't it? Striscia la Notizia seems to be an Italian TV station or TV show of some kind. Not really sure.

What on earth is that?...who is that is a better question?

Tony

Yes we will need it for Senegal and French Guiana.

Tony. . . who did you say the CD is on the Golden. I tried to search but can't seem to get the right results.

See you in about 45 days.

Stacey

Stacey...I've booked my flight into Aruba yesterday. I arrive at 3:3opm on January 10th and the ship departs at 5:00pm.

Please make sure "Mr. I wanna leave early, Calabrese" stays in Aruba that day until 5:00pm as I will be arriving at the pier around 4:30pm....will be close!

Tony

Well this is an interesting photo....

In another thread I saw pictures of the Golden pulling into dry dock. So I decided i'd go check out the webcam. Here is what I see...

golden_bridge.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:

What a hoot! Striscia la notizia is a satiric news program that airs every evening throughout Italy. The two newscasters hand out booby prizes in the form of a gold tapir (tapiro d'oro) made out of paper mache. In the past they have given them to schools that were built and never used and hospitals who messed up patients and things like that. I wish I had seen the show so that I could give you all the details, but I'll see if I can find someone who saw it on tv, and if I do I will report back. I'm wondering if the Golden got the bobby prize or if someone is just messing around with the webcam, but my guess is that it was the Golden. I am sure that the Italians in Sicily were sorry to lose the business they were expecting from doing the wet dock when the dry dock was scheduled in Marseilles. That's probably how the word got out. Just hypothesizing here, but I'll let you know if I can get any other info. Wondering who that guy is though...:confused:

Vicki

Linda was this Princess Cruises providing the free Hotel and Transfer for her? or the Airline?...just curious to know as I haven't heard of Princess doing that before.

Tony

It was my understanding from her that it was all Princess..nothing to do with the airline. Medical came to her cabin to give her shots and according to her made sure she was as comfortable as she could be.

What a hoot! Striscia la notizia is a satiric news program that airs every evening throughout Italy. The two newscasters hand out booby prizes in the form of a gold tapir (tapiro d'oro) made out of paper mache. In the past they have given them to schools that were built and never used and hospitals who messed up patients and things like that. I wish I had seen the show so that I could give you all the details, but I'll see if I can find someone who saw it on tv, and if I do I will report back. I'm wondering if the Golden got the bobby prize or if someone is just messing around with the webcam, but my guess is that it was the Golden. I am sure that the Italians in Sicily were sorry to lose the business they were expecting from doing the wet dock when the dry dock was scheduled in Marseilles. That's probably how the word got out. Just hypothesizing here, but I'll let you know if I can get any other info. Wondering who that guy is though...:confused:

Vicki

I have to correct my own post. Shortly after posting the above, I decided to try the show's website at www.striscialanotizia.mediaset.it and look at their last show. In the middle of the video clip I found the Chinese guy with the hat sitting on the bed! If you want to see it just click on the top photo at:

http://www.striscialanotizia.mediaset.it/ultimapuntata.shtml

(I'm editing here because I see the webaddress had a chunk taken out of it. In the middle it should read " notizia.mediaset.it/ultimapuntata" and then finish as shown above.) Let me know if you want to see it and it doesn't work.)

This segment was about a restaurant in Milan that has separate menu's for locals and tourists. The locals' menu showed a "piadina" cost 4.50 euro, the tourists' menu showed the same "piadina" costing 7.50 euro. Quite a difference.

Now I'm wondering if the photo on the webcam was put on my someone who was aware of Princess's pricing and policies which differ for foreigners as well. Hmmmmm. Who knows?!

Vicki

I have to correct my own post. Shortly after posting the above, I decided to try the show's website at www.striscialanotizia.mediaset.it and look at their last show. In the middle of the video clip I found the Chinese guy with the hat sitting on the bed! If you want to see it just click on the top photo at:

(I'm editing here because I see the webaddress had a chunk taken out of it. In the middle it should read " notizia.mediaset.it/ultimapuntata" and then finish as shown above.) Let me know if you want to see it and it doesn't work.)

This segment was about a restaurant in Milan that has separate menu's for locals and tourists. The locals' menu showed a "piadina" cost 4.50 euro, the tourists' menu showed the same "piadina" costing 7.50 euro. Quite a difference.

Now I'm wondering if the photo on the webcam was put on my someone who was aware of Princess's pricing and policies which differ for foreigners as well. Hmmmmm. Who knows?!

Vicki

Wouldn't that be a hoot if that was what was meant!....how engenious of the person!

Tony

It was my understanding from her that it was all Princess..nothing to do with the airline. Medical came to her cabin to give her shots and according to her made sure she was as comfortable as she could be.

Thank you for clarifying it....I haven't heard of Princess doing that before to be honest for anyone....I could only see it being done perhaps if they had purchased the Additional Insurance thru Princess and/or Princess Air.

Tony

I'm Alberto And I Live In Torino,italy. My Idea Is That During Drydocks They Give Maintenance To All Computer Systems Including Web Cams. Don't Forget That Ship Has Been Built In Italy By Fincantieri And Workers Presently Doing Maintenance Of The Ship's Interiors Are Italians As Are The Captain And Many Officers.

Striscialanotizia Tv Program Is Very Popular Nationwide In Italy And My Idea Is That They Put This Unusual But Funny (for An Italian ) Picture During Web Cam Out-of-service-for-maintenance Time.this Is My Idea Anyway Hope They Will Do A Nice Job As I Will Be On The New Orleans-rio Cruise. Ciao To All Of You.

Edit/Delete Message

I'm Alberto And I Live In Torino,italy. My Idea Is That During Drydocks They Give Maintenance To All Computer Systems Including Web Cams. Don't Forget That Ship Has Been Built In Italy By Fincantieri And Workers Presently Doing Maintenance Of The Ship's Interiors Are Italians As Are The Captain And Many Officers.

Striscialanotizia Tv Program Is Very Popular Nationwide In Italy And My Idea Is That They Put This Unusual But Funny (for An Italian ) Picture During Web Cam Out-of-service-for-maintenance Time.this Is My Idea Anyway Hope They Will Do A Nice Job As I Will Be On The New Orleans-rio Cruise. Ciao To All Of You.

Edit/Delete Message

Ciao Alberto! I think you are probably right about a member of the crew putting up the picture while the web cam was out of service for maintenance. I would just be curious to know if there actually was a reason that they chose a picture from that particular segment of Striscia la notizia, or if it was just a coincidence. I'm sure we'll never know!

Buon viaggio da New Orleans a Rio!

Vicki

Edit/Delete Message

Alberto...that sounds like a very plausible explannation....thanks for giving your "spin" on this....

Tony

Vicki

How strange that now the webcam shows Marseille at night all illuminated!

Tony

Stacey...I've booked my flight into Aruba yesterday. I arrive at 3:3opm on January 10th and the ship departs at 5:00pm.

Please make sure "Mr. I wanna leave early, Calabrese" stays in Aruba that day until 5:00pm as I will be arriving at the pier around 4:30pm....will be close!

Tony

OK. I'll do something to stall him. Just get off that plane and hot foot it to the ship!

Archived