Suggestion for accomodations near Port of Miami

cruisercon

We are sailing on the Jan. 2, 2007 cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. We are flying into Miami on Jan. 1 arriving in the evening. Need a suggestion for a reasonable hotel/motel near the Port. Also, upon arrival on Jan. 12, we plan on renting a car. Any suggestions for car rentals near the Port would be appreciated.

We are sailing on the Jan. 2, 2007 cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. We are flying into Miami on Jan. 1 arriving in the evening. Need a suggestion for a reasonable hotel/motel near the Port. Also, upon arrival on Jan. 12, we plan on renting a car. Any suggestions for car rentals near the Port would be appreciated.

Here is where we stay.

I just paid $219.72 for a two night stay by joining their Priority Club. That was for September. I do not know what January would cost.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bay side Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there more than once and as recently as last month. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Bay side marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

I can't help with the rental cars.

You have to be very careful where you stay in downtown Miami. Just a couple of blocks from the pier are numerous homeless people sleeping on the sidewalks. My suggestion is the Intercontinental. It might be a little pricey, but it's safe and very nice. It's about a mile from the pier on the waterfront.

I agree with the Holiday Inn, we stayed there before our Oct 1st Freedom cruise, and it was perfect. Bayside was a fun place to spend our evening, and there are a ton of taxis waiting in the morning to take you to the pier!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, I believe there was a drug strore very close. Bayside is more like a mall, clothing stores, restaurants, etc.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn and it is full make sure to check out early. We tried getting down the elevators at check-out time from the 10th floor. It took about 1/2 hour and we had to break up the three of us to get down. They only have two small elevators for a 10 story hotel.

We Also Stayed At The Holiday Inn Across From Bayside Market

And Loved It. The Hotel Was Very Clean And We Enjoyed Walking Through The Market. Some Wonderful Shops And Places To Eat.

There Were 6 Of Us.both Daughters And Their Husb And My Son In Law's Mother Fro Canada Was With Us. She And I Get Along

Great And We Had A Ball. Oh By The Way There Is A Great Place

There To Eat Cuban Food . It Belongs To Gloria Estevas Any Way

The Place Has A Huge Pineapple On Top Of The Building.i Cn't Remember The Name But You Can't Miss It.

See You All In A Few Months

Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Marriott, Radisson...if any kind of distance to travel at night, take a cab, for instance to and from Bayside (Holiday Inn right across the street though). The daytime is OK for walking and the monorail but I wouldn't risk walking at night.

I've got to recommend the Intercontinental as well. We just returned from the Oct 15th Freedom cruise and spent the night before there. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was friendly the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is about a block and a half from the Bayside Market Place. We felt safe walking back to the hotel after dinner. We only paid $90 for the night thru priceline.

Have fun!

Stephanie

we are sailing on Nov 26 but flying in the 25th... we (whole family) have booked 5 rooms at the BW in Coral Gables.. free shuttle from airport to hotel and then in the morning free shuttle to the port of Miami.... we have paid 90 for the night and it is close to shopping etc.. we hope to do our booze shopping for our luggage to take on, grab a pack of beer/pizza, sit by the pool for the evening and relax, have an early night and head out the next day. Don't know too much about the area, it looks okay as far as cheap hotels go but all I care is that it is a place to relax for the night with free shuttles. Hope that helps.

Archived