Alcohol onboard questions, comments, etc. (merged)

picnicpat

I called Shelley from the "just for you" basket company that a few people have posted. They do all sorts of baskets and I called to see if they did a beer basket. She said they do a 12 bottle or 24 can beer basket, dress it all up etc. and deliver to the ship along with the regular wine, liquor, flower and food baskets. When worked out it is about 2 bucks a beer. They pay the ship a handling fee to bring the baskets on and incl that in the cost along with the sales tax. Not bad if you ask me. So all I will do now is take a few of my hubby's beer up to the deck and use our pop card to get some gingerale and make shandy's. I am excited. :D saves a little bit of dosh!

Can this basket be done in New Jersey or just Florida?

I called Shelley from the "just for you" basket company that a few people have posted. They do all sorts of baskets and I called to see if they did a beer basket. She said they do a 12 bottle or 24 can beer basket, dress it all up etc. and deliver to the ship along with the regular wine, liquor, flower and food baskets. When worked out it is about 2 bucks a beer. They pay the ship a handling fee to bring the baskets on and incl that in the cost along with the sales tax. Not bad if you ask me. So all I will do now is take a few of my hubby's beer up to the deck and use our pop card to get some gingerale and make shandy's. I am excited. :D saves a little bit of dosh!

Does this company have a website?

My understanding is that RCI has a contract with a Belgium brewery to make a beer specifically for them. It is a tasty beer, but RCI is not pushing it.

Give it a try if you like microbrews.

Enjoy!

They had it on the Freedom. They have flyers advertising it at the bars, so I tried it. It was called Royal....something :confused: Whatever it was, it was good and strong. It had a high alcohol content. Two of them will have you feeling pretty good.

Draft?

Not on draft...yet, only bottles...that I've seen.

Some of the bar staff didn't even recognize the name when I ordered it on the Freedom in Oct. Some of the lounges did not have it available.

If you like micro brewed beers, then my bet is that you will like Royal beer.

Anyone know which Heineken bottles they have? Last time i think they had the bottles, but i love the keg cans, do they have those now or as well, or just the bottles?

Radiance has the keg cans...so maybe all of RCCL?

I also wanted to add I had a helluva time finding Bud Light (love the stuff and originally from St. Louie) on all of our ports this last cruise...I had to drink Coors Light and I have to say I really enjoyed it...I am still partial to my Bud but if I have to drink something else I opt for Coors...just a little FYI. :D

in an earlier thread some one said that you can order from an outside organization beer basket and this company will have it delivered to the pier and the rccl staff will have it put into your room...i have 2 questions...does anyone know the web site for this company and is it available in san juan for the AOS in march of next yr...

Mike San Juan is included as one of the ports of call that they handle but not all items are available in all ports.

Here is the website. Just give Shelley a call. She is very nice and helpful. She can email you her price list. It does not include all alcohol. She will give you those prices over the phone.

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/

just left a voice mail for her on the 800-882-9707 number asking for either a call back or a price sheet to be e-mailed...AOS March 18,2007...even if it comes out to be $2 a can...still 1/2 price vs buying it at pool side...we always bring a collapsable cooler with us anyway...the great cabin stewards do a super job of emptying out the melted cold water and replacing it with new ice in the morning and the evening... hopefully she has a good variety of brewskies...the BIL would die if she had his BLATZ...

Does RCCL server Bud Light on their ships? That's my husbands favorite and what about the cost??? Also the cost once your in Port Cococay Nassau etc... Can you eat and drink there pretty cheaply?

Pat,

I really hope that they have Bud Light, I've been a beer bottler for AB in the St. Louis Brewery for the past 30 years. (35 years drinking experience) Maybe some of those cans will find their way into my suitcase when we sail the Grandeur in February!

Jimmy:eek:

I have read a lot of different experiences on bringing your own alcohol onto the ship. I was thinking about bringing some "just in case" but since this is my first cruise, I was wondering if anyone has ever had problems with this in the past. I am in my mid 20s and was wondering if anyone else was going on the Enchantment of the Seas from dec. 18- 23!

From listening to others on here they tend to check the bags of the under age a little closer. I hav never had a problem. I always take about 6 bottles. Even if they spot it the will give it back at the end even if they don't it was worth a try. in 2004 I took a soft cooler full of beer through the walk in x ray and no one said a word. I put a couple bottles of water on top.

Here is another one who always brings on alcohol and have never had a problem.

I have packed it well in checked luggage and even had it packed in carry on and was never questioned about it.

Don't get me wrong, we still have a fat bar bill at the end of each cruise as well.

Worst case that can happen is they will take it from you but give it back at the end of the cruise. I say go for it.

Hi - does anyone know if they serve Patron Tequila on board?

Also, does each room have a refrigerator? I've seen lots of posts about people bringing coolers...but is there a fridge in the stateroom?

Thanks!

Which ship are you asking about? Some ships/cabins have mini refrigerators and some do not.

Don't know about the Tequila?

We've never bothered lugging bottles of anything onboard. We have to fly to port, so it's a real hassle, considering the small amount of savings you may have. Yes, we have a bar bill, but it's a vacation and we expect that! I'd rather pay for my drinks than risk having broken liquor on my clothes. Not to mention the extra weight! That's why we don't buy "cheap" liquor in the islands--who wants to carry it? Not me!!!!

I have read a lot of different experiences on bringing your own alcohol onto the ship. I was thinking about bringing some "just in case" but since this is my first cruise, I was wondering if anyone has ever had problems with this in the past. I am in my mid 20s and was wondering if anyone else was going on the Enchantment of the Seas from dec. 18- 23!

Every cruise that we have taken, I have done this without a hint of trouble. Ok, it was "trouble" for me to pack things oh-so-carefully in bubble-wrap, heavy-duty ziploc bags, carefully stowed in the center of lots of soft clothing, away from the sides of the suitcase.

HOWEVER, with the new stepped-up enforcement on RC, I have decided that it's just NOT worth the aggravation any more.

I will be calling Shelley at Just Because of You (http://www.justbecause@addictscay.com) (use her 800 number) and having her deliver a basket of cheer to our cabin. Yes, it will cost more than buying my own in the liquor store, but less than ship's prices. It's a fair trade-off, in my viewpoint.

And I think that scubapuss makes a VERY good point about 20-somethings.