I've been shopping - New Cocktail Dress

CateW

Okay, I really didn't need a new cocktail dress, but I saw this NEW David Meister on e-bay and placed the starting bid at $9.99. It will be wonderful for a holiday party that we are going to on 12/22 and for our February cruise as well. I'm not sure about those bows on the straps but that is easily fixed. Just wanted to share...

06103157.JPG06103160.JPG06103161.JPG06103162.JPG

Very pretty dress (I agree about the bows - they need to go:rolleyes: )!! It has a nice drape to it. Wear it and feel special!:)

That's funny! Everybody hates the bows! I LOVE the bows! I have almost the exact same dress at home but mine does not have any bows and when I saw your dress I said, "oh wow! I wish my dress like that had the pretty bows". If you cut off your bows, please mail them to me! I will sew them on my dress! :D

I like the bows too! (which is odd, since I don't normally like"flashy" stuff like rhinestones) I'd wear simple drop earrings, no necklace & the bows would be my other jewelry. But if you don't like them, I'm sure they'll be easy to snip off. And mail to Bonnie:p

$9.99? David Meister? You're a winner before it even arrives. And, if it doesn't fit, put it right back up on ebay for $49.99!?!!

Give those rhinestones bows a real chance before your just snip them off. I think they mimic the lines of the dress well and enhance it. They're curvy, diminutive and rather chic.

Of course, you'll be the best judge the minute you put the dress on.

Let us know as soon as you try it on.

I would leave the bows on as well. I think one would look wrong -- like you lost the other one. If the back straps actually hit the back of the dress (they look like they kind of attach under the arm so the back of the dress is totally bare) I would relocate one to the back for something really unexpected. I like putting pins in really unexpected places, like the cuff of a jacket sleeve or on the shoulder.

--Judy

Caviargal - I saw your dress - it wa the chocololate brown one - long - with 3/4 sleeves. Loved it - matter of fact I bid on it in black and got outbid:confused: . The auction ended at 1 a.m. and I get up at 4 so it was way to late for me to stay up. Great dress, enjoy!

Just kidding! I'm happy you love your dress and that you also like the bows! It just confirms my desire to want something a little snazzy added to the straps of my dress (that is identical to yours except for no rhinestone bows). I am going to run to our local sewing superstore and see what kind of cute rhinestone add-ons I can find! My old black dress is going to get a second life! I haven't worn it in years but at one time it was a favorite of mine. Enjoy your dress! :D

Caviargal - I saw your dress - it wa the chocololate brown one - long - with 3/4 sleeves. Loved it - matter of fact I bid on it in black and got outbid:confused: . The auction ended at 1 a.m. and I get up at 4 so it was way to late for me to stay up. Great dress, enjoy!

CateW, another one was posted yesterday, in black:).

Archived