Island or Coral D418,D419,D501,D502 anyone

ericosmith

Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? They are standard balconies but on the Dolpin deck between the minis and the suites. Just wondering if they are identical to the other balconies or somewhat different because of their unique location. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

From what I can tell they are pretty much identical to other balconies, maybe a few inches wider but not so much you would notice.

My only note would be they are located right near a stair area which may lead to some congestion and noise (we were right down the hall in 402 and never had noise problems..)

We had D502 on the Coral and loved it. Partially covered balcony so you can see straight down to the water but do have some protection if there is rain or you want some shade from the sun. No sound issues at all for us. Though you are near the stairs (VERY convenient location), there is a wall shielding 502 from the stair alcove. Great cabin!

travellover3 and LoriPhil can you tell me if D502 overlooks the lifeboats, from the deck plan it looks like they are directly below D502. Am cruising Alaska and am considering this cabin, D418 or the C deck cabins directly above on the bumpout. Guess the balconies above could look down on the balcony of D502 when you are not by the balcony rail? Your advice is appreciated.

I don't remember the view being obstructed by a lifeboat so if they are below then they must have been tucked away fairly effectively. Yes, as a partially covered balcony you are slightly visible from the cabins above - but I think is was a little less so than when we had a carib-deck cabin forward from the bump-oud. We preferred the larger balcony on Coral D502 and our previous Carib cabin that are partially covered over a smaller fully-covered balcony on an upper deck.

We love the size and layout of the Coral/Island (wonderful Library and Card Rooms), and hope you have a terrific cruise!

Archived