Upgrade Fairy

Manyara

This is an amazing cabin and it looks to me that the balcony wraps all the way around from aft to starboard.

"This suite features two bedrooms with twin beds convertible to a queen-size bed (one room with third and fourth Pullman beds), two bathrooms (one with bathtub), living area with double sofa bed, mini-bar, balcony, whirlpool bathtub, vanity area, hair dryer, TV, radio, phone, and concierge service. Suite can accommodate up to eight people. (533 - 586 sq. ft.; balcony 139 - 193 sq. ft.)"

Since you have room for 8 - can I come?!?

Congrats on your upgrade! We got back 1 month ago from Explorer of the seas RFS, I believe it is alot like the Radiance class as far as this suite goes. We had basically all the same things that previous posters have said, except no jacuzzi tub. Just a normal bath tub. This suite was great for us. We had 4 adults and a 7 year old. The living area is pretty large, and even the smaller bedroom is decent in size. My parents had that room and they said it was more than enough room for what they were doing (sleeping & getting dressed!) Some people have complained because it is not as fancy as like an owners or grand suites, but you are getting almost double the space of a grand suite, and more space than an owners suite. And I believe it is the largest balcony on the ship!! A few things, the back did tend to move more than the rest of the ship when we were on it, but not bad. And there were times when black stuff would get on the balcony, but we always bring our own beach towels, and we would use theirs to get the black stuff off and sit on! I am positive you will really enjoy this suite! If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask, as I know there is like nothing anywhere about this suite!!!!!!

And I believe it is the largest balcony on the ship!!

1100 actually has a larger balcony than 8668, but they both have a ton of room.

And there were times when black stuff would get on the balcony, but we always bring our own beach towels, and we would use theirs to get the black stuff off and sit on!

For now, the Radiance class ships have gas turbine engines, not diesel, so no icky black crud spews from their smokestacks. They're adding diesel engines, so I don't know if that will change, but for now, no worries!

I am positive you will really enjoy this suite!

So am I!:D

Critterchick, there is a lot of missconception about diesels on Radiance class ships. The gas turbines are not being replaced by diesels.....what they are doing is adding a diesel generator to all four [Jewel first, I think] so that they do not have to run a fuel thirsty gas turbine while in port. They all four will continue with GTs. Besides, there is not currently enough room to add diesels for propulsion as the GTs take up little space compared to the bigger diesels on conventional ships.

Critterchick, there is a lot of missconception about diesels on Radiance class ships. The gas turbines are not being replaced by diesels.....what they are doing is adding a diesel generator to all four [Jewel first, I think] so that they do not have to run a fuel thirsty gas turbine while in port. They all four will continue with GTs. Besides, there is not currently enough room to add diesels for propulsion as the GTs take up little space compared to the bigger diesels on conventional ships.

I didn't say they were replacing them, SJC. I said they were adding them, although I should have said generators, not engines.

Hey Chick, can't admit you made a mistake, huh?:D Hee, Hee, Hee. It was for the "for now" comment that I was referring to.

I'm a lawyer - I can barely say, "I don't know but I'll find out and get back to you!" And where is the black crud from the generators going to go, smarty arty had a party?:rolleyes: :D

BTW, I know next to nothing about ship engines/generators/propulsion. I bring my very own former US Naval Chief Engineer with me to 'splain such things. Then when I turn around and try to explain it to somebody he else, he gets this pained look and becomes vewy, vewy quiet, so I can tell that something got lost in translation!

And where is the black crud from the generators going to go, smarty arty had a party?:rolleyes: :D /quote]

I don't know. ......[see, that's how it's done:D ]

But here's what I think:

The black crud is going to swirl around the aft cabins....just like on regular ships.....wouldn't catch me in an aft:rolleyes: .

Actually, new diesels don't put out the same levels of particulate that the older ones do, so I wouldn't expect to see much crud. Crud was really prevalent in the old steam powered ships. Modern stack design has played a big part in reducing smoke and soot on the decks.

Critterchick:

You hit the motherlode with the upgrage that you were given. The only passengers that receive complimentary upgrades are Diamond Plus C&A Members. The Revenue Department makes the call for whatever reason. Several people were upgraded on my Mariner cruise. One D+ member went from D2 to JS to GS. A couple went from JS to GS. I called, e mailed, and wrote RCCL to no avail and my DW and I are Diamond. Just like you, a Platinum member was upgraded and they just B/S when you ask why them and not us.

So enjoy!

Archived