Am I the Only One???

ABcruisers

I've had to call the RC call centre on four occasions for various reasons and I always get someone who huffs and puffs because they have to help me. Why are they so grouchy...the people on he ships are so nice and helpful!! It's a little disappointing:confused:

Not necessarily unfriendly, but I have encountered the "call back 4 times and get a different answer each time" phenomena. Most of us have learned that if you need a question answered just ask CC. For anything else, I book through a TA so they are the ones that have to deal with RCCL customer service and not me!

Depending on the number called and the department you get, you might be connecitng with someone whos job is to sell more and is working on commission. So helping you takes their time away from this. I have even had it where I call and ask to make a change to an existing reservation and they don't even respond, next thing you know the phone is ringing again. They put your call back in the call queue so someone else gets stuck with you. I have had this happen numerous times.

:( Good evening,

Welcome to the world of RCCL // Celebrity....Excellent onboard service generally ( specially Celebrity )....but abhorrant post-sale shore side customer serevice., both pre and post cruise.

Celebrity inherited that from its parent RCI upon being taken over.

RCI's management is tight-fisted and while this enhances the bottom line ( still very strong), it does have a negative effect, as evidenced by the growing results of putting very little resources into ''non-cruise ship-related expenses....with the obvious primary front line ''victim'' being the customer service you're correctly identifying.

IMO

Cheers

Claude G

;)

I have actually had really good luck recently. I have had to add about 6 reservation numbers to mine to link us all together, and everyone booked at different times. I have been getting the same guy most of the time, and he now remembers me. He laughs at me cause my party keeps growing and growing. I have called for a number of other reasons as well, cause I am just a pain like that. And everyone has been very helpful and gracious. I call the C&A desk. Maybe the reservation line is different.

This is the reason I book with them directly...so I can call as much as I want. lol

I am lucky that everytime the person helping us was kind and understanding but i can see where you have so many people answering the phones that you may get an uptight person or someone new who hasnt got the patitience or know how u=yet. Sorry and better luck next time

If you don't need immediate response, try using the email route to contact customer service. I'm guessing all the reps have to do their shifts in email support and they seem pretty relaxed. Perhaps there isn't a quota when working email support. I've been very pleased with every response I have gotten there.

I have actually had really good luck recently. I have had to add about 6 reservation numbers to mine to link us all together, and everyone booked at different times. I have been getting the same guy most of the time, and he now remembers me. He laughs at me cause my party keeps growing and growing. I have called for a number of other reasons as well, cause I am just a pain like that. And everyone has been very helpful and gracious. I call the C&A desk. Maybe the reservation line is different.

This is the reason I book with them directly...so I can call as much as I want. lol

I've had very good luck each time I've called as well. I ask to speak with Javier (Havier?) because he gave me such excellent service the first time, and am always directed right to him.

Hi we are new to Royal Caribbean and I too have had problems with unhelpful staff. I emailed them to ask a simle question, which pier do we sail from in Vancouver as there are two. Two months later ,no reply so I emailed again and asked for a quick response as I was waiting to book the hotel. I recieved a long reply about booking their transfers etc but no answer to my question. I then rang them and gave my booking ref number. They said they could not tell which pier it was as I had not booked directly with them!! I rang my TA who called them and they told her which pier. It wasnt exactly a hard question!!

I must say we usually sail with Princess and have never had problems when phoning them.

Archived