Leaving tomorrow for SD will try to report from Oosterdam

barbon2

Hi Barbara,

I hope you have time to see some of our fair city before embarking the Oosterdam. I don't know where you hail from but just to let you know it's a little chilly here today, by our standards, but it is sunny. We had rain the last two days but it's disappeared and we are supposed to be having Santa Ana conditions over the next few days.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Valerie:)

Thanks for all of the good wishes. We have checked the weather and are bringing light jackets for San Diego. We live outside of Phila., and the weather here has been similar to the weather you are having. We have been to San Diego one time before but our friends have never been there. We are thinking of doing the trolley tour on Friday, any feedback appreciated.

Barbara

Thanks for all of the good wishes. We have checked the weather and are bringing light jackets for San Diego. We live outside of Phila., and the weather here has been similar to the weather you are having. We have been to San Diego one time before but our friends have never been there. We are thinking of doing the trolley tour on Friday, any feedback appreciated.

Barbara

If you prebuy the tickets online they are less expensive. Also if you have a friend that is local going with you then they will be given a free ticket for bringing you. You can hop on or off the trolley at any one of the stops. This is a great ride and I am sure you will really enjoy it. Bring water with you. :)

Barbara, we took this same trip last December and loved it, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that this will be the same. (We are bringing our own salt and pepper just in case.) Perhaps we will meet. We leave Friday and will be staying at the Hyatt.

Nancy & Andy

Have a wonderful trip to and from San Diego and a great cruise as well. The trolley is a great way to see the best of San Diego! Enjoy your vacation. DH and I'll be headed to San Diego 12/15 for our Oosterdam cruise so will be looking for your posts. Take care!

Cincy,

We are staying at the Westgate. Our friends are also from the Phila. area so we will not a get local discount for the trolley as one poster stated. Do not want to buy the tickets ahead of time in case we change our minds.

See you on board.

Barbara

You will LOVE the Westgate! DH and I stayed there 3 nights after our Oosterdam cruise in March. Horton Plaza (Shopping Center) is just across the street and there is a trolley stop there as well as a Longs Drug store in case you need/want water or anything else you forget. Have fun.

Archived