Roll Call Westerdam Aug 9,2007

RMS Olympic

We are off to LA this afternoon for an early am flight on Sunday. Thanks to everyone who has posted here with tons of great information. We look forward to meeting up with you in Rome or aboard ship.

Woo-Hoo!

Many of you have already started your holiday, but I still have 4 whole days before I can even start my departure - I'm not sure if I can wait that long. I'll just have to take a very long time with my washing, ironing and packing.

You're right TrickyD, Wednesday 15th is Assumption Day - and coupled with the fact that August is Italys official holiday month, I doubt many shops will be open (except for the tourist ones obviously).

I'll pack a few spare venetian masquerade masks just in case anyone needs one. Look forward to meeting you all onboard.

I imagine many headed from the USA are already at the airport or in the air.

For those of you who are closer or are just not traveling yet, safe journies. I have finally finished the packing and head to the train station in just 2 hours.

Bryn, I hope that the directory made it to you sucessfully. I have added you to the last page and printed many copies to hand out when we are all together. You have a few more days to pull together your fancy dress outfits. Looking forward to seeing your efforts. I have my kit with all the bits and bobs for any necessary last minute alterations if you need.

See you all soon.

Christopher

John and I are at the airport! The weather is nasty and the flights are somewhat delayed. Ours shows on time. We board in about 30 minutes.

Hope everyone has as smooth of a trip as we have so far! Fair winds and following seas!

:) :) :) :) :)

Robert

It is very hot during the day, but at night it can get cool enough for a jacket.

The distant views are blocked by the haze ... of fires. Our road back last night was blocked by falling rocks (caused by fires), and a couple km. distance to go required driving two hours almost back to Napoli! :(

I repeat what I told the Swiss Miss: if you're going to take in Amalfi or Sorrento, bring your tranquilizers! Awesome views and scenic cliffside villages. Terrifying hairpin turns on a road only 1 1/2 carriages wide with hair-brained lunatic drivers.

Sorrento, at first glance, is too big, and unscenic. Shopping.

Anyone bringing a Sony T-9 camera ... charger? :confused:

Braving widfires, crazed Italian drivers and infernal temperatures we're on our way north to the ship. Barring problems, we'll be in Civitavecchia early enough for a tour and a meal! :eek:

With the Swiss Miss' directory, we'll be hunting down the nice!:cool:

See you soon!

Philipp' & Scott, melting in the Italian south

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, great to see you all on the cruise - we had such a blast didn't we!

Well I'm already home, so I've had a hot bath and about to climb into bed for some much needed detox. I don't think I've drunk so much in all my life.

And I still can't believe I actually did "Anita Bush" - thanks for all your support.

Aah well, here's to the next one.

A Blast It Was...walked Around Piazza Novanna Tonight To Get A Bite And Saw A Bunch Of Fellow Cruisers Still In Rome...

I Can't Believe Your Home Already...

I Am A Gay Cruise Convert For Sure, All My Mis Perceptions Were Shattered...

More Later...i Am Getting To Bed Before Midnight For The First Time In 11 Days!

Xoxo

Great time, great to meet you guys and I made some new lasting friends. Best vacation ever for me, great weather, interesting ports and alot of comaradarie. I hate to say I missed most of the shows (except Amy's). I can't believe it is over and I have been jolted back to the reality of work.

Reality Sucks! But ya gotta pay the bills!

Got home and hit the ground running. Luckily the clients were awaiting my return with piles of dirty clothes. Yay!

Just had to say we had a great time -- nice to meet everyone at the gatherings onboard. It was especially nice spending time with Alex, Christopher (where WERE you most of the time --wink, wink), John & Robert, Tom, Paul, & Mike & Glenn. The itinerary was spectacular; we would NEVER have gotten to see all these places otherwise. And our "Caravaggio Oddysey" was the best. Keep in touch, guys.

Joe & Fred

MIDWAY THROUGH THE CRUISE HE SHAVED HIS HEAD...:eek:

HIS NEW FRIENDS FROM "BEARCOLONA" GOT HIM TO SHAVE HIS HEAD!

I RAN HIM INTO HIM THE LAST NIGHT AT THE PIANO BAR AND WE SAID WE WOULD START PLANNING OUR NEXT CRUISE!

I AM HOME AND EASING BACK TO REALITY NOW!

XOXO

MIDWAY THROUGH THE CRUISE HE SHAVED HIS HEAD...:eek:

HIS NEW FRIENDS FROM "BEARCOLONA" GOT HIM TO SHAVE HIS HEAD!

Are you sure it wasn't Tom that convinced him? :eek:

I RAN HIM INTO HIM THE LAST NIGHT AT THE PIANO BAR AND WE SAID WE WOULD START PLANNING OUR NEXT CRUISE!

I AM HOME AND EASING BACK TO REALITY NOW!

XOXO

I can't remember if Christopher is going on next February's Exotic Caribbean. We are.

Does that clash with your sister's Yum Yum Man cruise?

1. No. I Know The Guys From Bearcolona Did It...he Grabbed Me On The Dance Floor, Didnt Know Who It Was...looked Good With Shaved Head..

2. Christopher Said It Was The First Time He Was Getting Off A Cruise And Didnt Have A Cruise Booked...so I Know He Hasnt Booked February Yet, If He Is, Not Sure

3. I Am Not Gonna Commit To Yum Yum Man Til Last Minute...so My Sister Is Booking As A Sinle For Now...no Pressure

4. I Was Considering The Alaska Cruise, I Just Called And The Price Was Way Higher Than The Med Cruise I Just Came Back From...so Who Knows

I Was Considering The Alaska Cruise, I Just Called And The Price Was Way Higher Than The Med Cruise I Just Came Back From...so Who Knows

Interesting. Supply and demand, I guess. I heard from my TA that not many cabins were still available.

Archived