• Lincoln Town Car
    • Nissan Maxima sedan
    • Honda Odyssey minivan
    • Chrysler PT Cruiser
    • Bentley Azure
    • Ford Focus hatchback
    • BMW 5 Series Sedan
    • Mazda Miata

If you ever sailed Carnival you might begin to understand why it is the most popular cruise line in the world.

I gather from his signature (Destiny 2003) that he did, and didn't like. Not a problem to me, but then I'm booked on my fifth Carnival cruise.

I gather from his signature (Destiny 2003) that he did, and didn't like. Not a problem to me, but then I'm booked on my fifth Carnival cruise.

I guess I should pay closer attention! I just don't understand why people can be like that. If you don't enjoy a line, it should cease to exist? How obnoxious and arrogant???

Like you, I've sailed Carnival many times;d I love it because it is so much fun. I've also enjoyed other lines and appreciate the differences between them.

If there was a line that just wasn't a good fit for me, I'd simply choose not to sail on it.

I'm with GoinCruisn and Carnivalcruisejunkie and going for the Mustang (Miata was the closest.) Never too old to take it for a ride and it's just plain fun. Not to mention you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in one. Get a lot of bang for the buck, and like some other things, looks great with the top down!:cool:

I just don't understand why people can be like that. If you don't enjoy a line, it should cease to exist? How obnoxious and arrogant???

Like you, I've sailed Carnival many times;d I love it because it is so much fun. I've also enjoyed other lines and appreciate the differences between them.

If there was a line that just wasn't a good fit for me, I'd simply choose not to sail on it.

i agree 100%. that statement was completely idiotic!

While I see this comparison as a bit of a slap (cheap food, poor service, etc...) I will have to say at least one good comparison...

Denny's is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year...(remember the flack when Denny's decided to close for Christmas, and discovered that to do so would create a major hassle....because they did not have LOCKS on the doors since they never shut down.)

On Carnival at any given moment there are thousands of ways to have fun...24 hours a day....7 days a week!!

I didn't mean it as a slap, why did you take it as one? I wrote Denny's -- you read "poor service". Not what I meant at all...I meant: reliable and family oriented, not stodgy or pretentious, just good ol' american style.

If you ever sailed Carnival you might begin to understand why it is the most popular cruise line in the world.

I don't believe Carnival has scrapped the Destiny yet, although it's long overdue! If you are going to defend a cruise line you probably should know the ships in it's fleet!

If Carnival is the Wal-Mart of cruising then . . . . .

RCCL is the "Targets" of cruising. Selling the same crap as Wal-Mart but at inflated prices and less to chose from of the really good crap!!:eek:

My thoughts when I read gripey, whiney reviews of Carnival - don't go to Wal*Mart expecting Neimann-Marcus...

]I don't believe Carnival has scrapped the Destiny yet, although it's long overdue![/b] If you are going to defend a cruise line you probably should know the ships in it's fleet!

This statement just goes to show how spoiled we as a cruising nation have become. A ten year old ship needing to be scrapped? Maybe she needs to be spruced up but no way on the scrapping and yes I have cruised on this ship. Two of the best cruises that I have taken was on the Seabreeze in 94 and the Caribe in 92. Both ships were around 40 years of age at the time. Very good memories about both ships.

It seems that if a ship is over five years of age it is considered old. Ships today are being designed to stay in service 25-30 years before they are retired. The Destiny still has a ways to go.:)

PT Crusier because it's FUN to drive and ride in and Carnival is the FUNship!! Not that I am prejudice because I own a black one with blue and purple flames down the side...:rolleyes:

Right on with the black Petey! We are a two PT family, our black one with ghost flames and our electric blue turbo. Just like Carnival, they are fun to cruise with! And BTW, ours are named PeTey and PeTunia~;)

Too bad the ones that come over here and bad-mouth Carnival haven't got a clue what they're talking about...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm.... I didn't check into this thread early enough and now I see the poll is closed. But if I could have voted, I'd have been torn between the Dodge Minivan (we have one and use it each and every time we drive to a port to cruise from or go on any travel/vacation) and the Scion xA. As others have said, the Dodge Minivan can be used for family, for fun groups going places together, etc. and gives a nice ride, good ammenities, dependable, nice looking, and is a good value. Plus it is unassuming and not pretentious and is a fun experience while you're in it. And it is roomy (remember, Carnival has larger staterooms than most other lines!)

The other thought I had (again a vehicle I happily own) was the Scion xA. It is quite "different" from all others in what I consider to be a very fun way (like a funship), is sometimes prejudged by others, both positively and negatively, and can be highly personalized (pimp that car!) with "hip" items, much as you can find and do lots on a Carnival cruise to suit your desire. I get a kick out of driving it around our conservative state of Nebraska---get lots of "looks" and questions about it. Also it is very economical with excellent value for all that you get with it and is "friendly" to our environment (although it's not a hybrid it is great on reducing gas consumption!)

Right on with the black Petey! We are a two PT family, our black one with ghost flames and our electric blue turbo. Just like Carnival, they are fun to cruise with! And BTW, ours are named PeTey and PeTunia~;)

I'm a PT fan, too - and they ARE Carnival: Fun, Versatile, Great Value for the Dollar, Go EVERYwhere, and the BEST for a party, whether it's a tailgate or a beach cookout! Just like Carnival! And the ragtop is like having a wraparound balcony...

I'm going to be difficult and add a new one :p

I'd say a Mustang Convertible...

It's not going to be a good fit for everyone, but it's an affordable car, and most importantly fun... Put that top down and get ready to feel the wind blow through your hair and not a care in the world. For the person that is looking to have a good time, and doesn't care about "status", the Mustang is a great bargain, and alot of fun!!!

Sorry to be so late in responding, but I just came across this thread.

I have to agree with Chris (and having sailed with her, I CANNOT imagine her in a minivan:D ).

I think the Mustang is an excellent analogy or,also, the Chrysler Sebring convertible (since that's what I drive...:) ). The convertibles give you an option to put the top down and feel free, even if it's raining or 30 degrees out.... just roll up the windows and put the heater on full blast:)

....but you also have the option and comfort zone of a sedan when the top is up.

A convertible gives you so many more options than most vehicles, and after 13 cruises on lines such as SeaDream, Celebrity, RCCL, and NCL, I feel Carnival offers the most options and certainly the most fun.

I had heard all the horror stories about Carnival and my soon-to-be-ex-wife absolutely refused to consider Carnival, even though neither of us had ever tried it.

After my S & S Part Deux trip (as a single) on the Conquest in October, I am converted. I would sail Carnival again in a heartbeat and would have to say that my experiences on the Conquest were perhaps my best ever on a cruise ship. And, again, the options were a big factor. On none of my other trips could I sit at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. eating fresh pizza, calzones and garlic bread with an open bar where I could order libations ranging from martinis to hot coffee. And, even at 3:00 a.m., the disco was usually still jumping.

Before I'm accused of being a callow young punk, I'll be 66 in 17 days.:eek:

Allen

On none of my other trips could I sit at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. eating fresh pizza' date=' calzones and garlic bread with an open bar where I could order libations ranging from martinis to hot coffee. And, even at 3:00 a.m., the disco was usually still jumping.

Before I'm accused of being a callow young punk, I'll be 66 in 17 days.:eek:

Allen[/quote']

You are an inspiration! :D And I don't think I'd have the ability to keep up with you!

So sorry, but this poll is on the home page of Cruise Critic. Had I known it was actually on the Carnival board, I never would have taken part since there would have been no other way for me to have known this.

So the part where it's listed above as:

Cruise Critic Message Boards > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Line

If Carnival Were A Car....

... was not an indication it's in the Carnival forum :confused:

Sorry, my grandmother had a saying I think ALL mothers/grandmothers had - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." This poll was asking Carnival cruisers how'd they'd classify their favorite line, so that CC can build a new search engine to assist others, not what your worst opinion of the line is for all and sundry to view.

If you didn't like it, fine, your choice. As has been replied by several others on here, "more room for us." Carnival is the NUMBER ONE cruise line right now, because of value, because of access, because of options, and lastly because of word-of-mouth. I've met more people onboard that were there because their family/friends recommended it OVER other lines they might have been on. But please try to be topical and not color the poll with your sour grapes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...