• Lincoln Town Car
    • Nissan Maxima sedan
    • Honda Odyssey minivan
    • Chrysler PT Cruiser
    • Bentley Azure
    • Ford Focus hatchback
    • BMW 5 Series Sedan
    • Mazda Miata

Since I ride a Harley Davidson, that would have been my choice,for " all American" cruisin! But from the choices you have i would have to go with a Mazda Miata, sporty, fun, economical & "zoom, zoom, zoom":D :D :D

i also vote for a Harley, although not an editors choice.....A Road King... pleanty of room, comfortable, but not as zippy as some.

Al

One other reason...a car with the word "cruiser" in it HAS to be the perfect analogy for Carnival. :D

Denny's? Nah, Denny's service is horrible and the food is not that great. Anyone who has actually sailed Carnival will tell that isn't Carnival. I won't go to a Denny's unless it is the only thing open or you pay me.

To CruiserJanet, I hate to tell you but you are sailing Carnival when you get on a princess cruise. :D :D :D :D

Carnival also owns Cunard. When one sails the QM2, they are actually aboard Carnival. This would be their BMW line.

I am surprised that Chevrolet was not on the list. That is the car which I would have chosen for Carnival. Like Carnival, Chevy is affordable and offers something for everyone. However, I chose the Dodge minivan. A minivan is large, like a carnival mega-ship.

Barb

The more I think about it, I'm thinking PT Cruiser of these choices..very customizable, comes in a fun in the sun convertible, can get it in semi-luxuriuos leather, can get a nice turbo engine in it...

When I hear Carnival bashers, I think of it as a moped...they may not want their friends to see them on it, but it really is alot of fun.

This is typical of people who have not sailed on Carnival and don't know what they are missing.

Another Janet

with a different opinion

PS. I choose a Dodge Caravan - not top of the line, but economical and fits the whole family.

I never said I've never been on Carnival but that I will never go on a Carnival cruise. I just choose not to list Carnival cruises in my list of past cruises.

Big difference in being on an actual Carnival ship and a Princess or other line of ship that Carnival owns. If Princess ever starts being like Carnival, we will be happy to give up our spots to someone else.

Seems this thread is turning into another Carnival bashing. Why are people even on the Carnival thread if they do not care for Carnival???? Is there nothing interesting to talk about on the other boards? hmmmmm

I personally hope those with the stiff collars and the negative attitudes remain on the other cruise lines so Carnival will remain the FUN ship!

Seems this thread is turning into another Carnival bashing. Why are people even on the Carnival thread if they do not care for Carnival???? Is there nothing interesting to talk about on the other boards? hmmmmm

I personally hope those with the stiff collars and the negative attitudes remain on the other cruise lines so Carnival will remain the FUN ship!

So sorry, but this poll is on the home page of Cruise Critic. Had I known it was actually on the Carnival board, I never would have taken part since there would have been no other way for me to have known this.

4 doors, room for the family, space for hauling cargo, able to go where you want to go and robust. Not fancy, but has all the functionality you need -- and maybe some fancy wheels -- and I suspect a whole lot more of Carnival's guests have pickup trucks than PT Cruisers.

I never said I've never been on Carnival but that I will never go on a Carnival cruise. I just choose not to list Carnival cruises in my list of past cruises.

Big difference in being on an actual Carnival ship and a Princess or other line of ship that Carnival owns. If Princess ever starts being like Carnival, we will be happy to give up our spots to someone else.

Just curious, but which Carnival ships have you been on? Reading your past posts, it would seem you had never been on Carnival. What turned you off to it? Was it just one cruise or many???

And I know you said that you only replied because it was on the main CC board, but did you not realize from the first post that this was about Carnival ships??? :confused:

And I never said that YOU have not sailed on Carnival. I said your COMMENTS were typical of someone who had not. I hear similar things all the time, like the person who has never cruised on any line and rejected Carnival stating that "it is ghetto". I kid you not. She had never even stepped foot on a single cruise ship and hadn't a clue about the experience. But she made negative comments totally based in ignorance.

Interesting that you choose not to list your Carnival "cruises". If, as you imply, you sailed with the line multiple times, it certainly could not have been so bad. AND, if you haven't sailed on a Carnival ship in the last five years, you haven't sailed with Carnival. I actually speak from a great deal of experience (and admittedly, a little bias).

But I do I also love Princess.

i want some of whatever the people who voted for the bentley are taking :eek:

I have to agree with you there... must be some good stuff :D pass the peace pipe :D As well as the BMW... I love Carnival, don't get me wrong, but come on now :p

I drive a PT Cruiser, and the reason I bought it was because it was "cool" enough for me as an adult to tool around in, but I can still fit 3 kids and groceries when needed. Carnival suits us the same way; DH and I can have a great time for ourselves, but our kids fit in quite well too. (Haven't tried fitting the "groceries," other than a bottle of brandy!)

I voted for the Chrysler PT Cruiser. I have never owned a Chrysler, but I see the PT Cruiser as the "under dog" that really surprises people when they really give it a chance.

I had this same thought. I would have picked "chevy" but none were listed!

Just curious, but which Carnival ships have you been on? Reading your past posts, it would seem you had never been on Carnival. What turned you off to it? Was it just one cruise or many???

And I know you said that you only replied because it was on the main CC board, but did you not realize from the first post that this was about Carnival ships??? :confused:

I apologize if I offended anyone who likes Carnival. It's actually a terrific company. For personal reasons I cannot specifically mention in detail my experience with Carnival. I'm actually upbeat about most things.

Yep, I knew it was about Carnival ships but not specifically on the Carnival board. Call it smoke inhalation or just plain ignorance. We've had a major fire (which has been in the news) about 6 miles from our house that finally got contained today so things have been a little bit on edge lately.

Can I be forgiven now?

When I first read the question, I immediately thought of the red Firebird I had in high school (1980). FUN CAR!

Since it's not on the list, I went with Honda Odyssey, which is what i drive. Practical car yet luxurious (comfortable, leather), there's something for everyone and lots of fun features.

I'm with TennisLover and the Honda Odyssey but leather seats only if you get a suite! Other than that it's just "really nice factory." Butt...there are no ash trays in the Odyssey!?!?:D

Lots of space to load (hide) liquor also.

And it's not "registered" in the USA.

I always use the following analogies:

Carnival: Denny's & Saturn

NCL: Old Country Buffet & Chevrolet

Royal Caribbean: Olive Garden & Honda

Celebrity: Macaroni Grill & Acura

Princess: Bravo & BMW

Cunard: Capital Grille/Ruth's Chris & Mercedes

P.S. Sorry if the restaurant analogies are regional....

While I see this comparison as a bit of a slap (cheap food, poor service, etc...) I will have to say at least one good comparison...

Denny's is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year...(remember the flack when Denny's decided to close for Christmas, and discovered that to do so would create a major hassle....because they did not have LOCKS on the doors since they never shut down.)

On Carnival at any given moment there are thousands of ways to have fun...24 hours a day....7 days a week!!