When do we get our DOCS?

FondofKoi

We are leaving on 1/14/07 on Freedom of the Seas. When should we expect our docs? Called our TA and he said 3-7 days prior. I have been on two others and have had them at least a month out. Does anybody else think 3-7 days is cutting it kindda close?

Don't worry if you don't get them. Unless you've purchased hotel or transfers, you really don't need them! Have you printed out your setsail pass? If so, that (and your ID's) are all you need to board!

If you HAVE transfers and such, call that TA and demand the vouchers ASAP!!!

We always receive ours about 30 days out. And by the way, even when you book with a TA, your TA has the option of having the docs sent directly to you or to them. I always have our TA make sure that the docs are sent directly to us. You should do the same in the future.

We are on the 1/12 Brilliance cruise and our docs got here this afternoon, so we are dancing in florida! One of our cruises on Mariner, our docs didn't come until just before we sailed but they told us there would be no problem at the doc. However, we didn't need plane tickets. I am sure your docs will be there very soon.

Perhaps the TA is giving a worst case scenario. We have sailed RCI three times now and have never received our docs til a few days before. It does happen! I am so jealous of everyone doing their doc dance weeks ahaed of us! The up side is that they have never failed to arrive, the down side is picking them up the day before you travel is a pain. It's nice to have your docs earlier.

I wouldn't worry, though. Even if they don't arrive, your TA should be able to get you copies of everything that you need. Your set sail pass and any transportation vouchers are all that you require really.

I used to get upset when they didn't arrive in advance, but last time I just had copies of everything from the TA &/or internet anyway, so it didn't matter if the docs arrived or not

Enjoy your cruise,

Dorie

I know we can get luggage tags at the docks and I have our reservations numbers for our flights the only thing I need is the transfer voucher airport to hotel and hotel to port and the hotel voucher.

Got my setsail pass printed my ta says she has been receiving documents about three weeks out which means next week they should be in. I just worry because it Christmas time and the mail is so bad this time of year.

Christine

Archived