Yes, Virginia, there is a Concierge Lounge on the Splendour

Sandel

Drats, this topic keeps coming up and here we are sailing on the Splendour in January - one cruise credit shy of qualifying for the concierge lounge! Well, all I can say is that after January, we'll be sparkling Diamonds and we'll never be "locked out" again.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Maybe this will put an end to the question "Does Splendour have a CL"? It looks very nice and very roomy......much more so than on Radiance class.

Hey there Patti, I just found this too. Nice huh! 007 will be so pleased. We'll have to make sure he see's this.

I am NOT complaining or anything, but THAT is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the CL they put on the Enchantment, which came first.

Oh well. I'll just have to put up with a second class concierge lounge again.

:D :D :D :D

That's exactly what I was thinking! It looks huge compared to the Enchantment lounge doesn't it?

Yes, the lounge is very large and nice. We have had quite a few "good times" there. The Concierge was Ken Boodoo and went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome.

We had all the convieniences of the Lounge except for the cappacino machine which is on order. Really didn't miss it so much though as everything was so nice.

Say hi to 007 for us - we were on the Brilliance Med cruise with him and Moneypenney. :D

Sandy and Del

Hi Sandy,

The pictures were great! How was the ship and the cruise? Subwaynancy and I are on the Splendour on 1/15 with our kids but will miss the Crown Jewels from last fall. If all goes according to plan we will see you guys again on the Voyager TA next December.

Was there a formal night on the cruise and did the men dress up? Our 24 year old is trying for a smart casual look.

Mike

Hey Mike and Nancy - The ship was great but you have to remember it is not a Radiance or Voyager class. I think people go on the Splendour and forget how small she is. She can get pretty bumpy at times but she does have stabilizers in use when there are high winds. She is also (along with the Legend) the fastest ship in the fleet.

We had a medical emergency on the ship and had to turn around and go back to Cozumel during the night. So, we had almost an extra day onboard. We were going 24 knots back to Galveston - we were boogieing. :D Otherwise the ship was great and the food was great. We didn't have any complaints and was glad that RCL treats their employees as the would any passenger. We were treated very well in light of everything. Maybe a lack of activities on board when the weather was inclement was the only negative.

Yes, there was a formal night on the cruise. Del wore a suit, some tuxes, and some smart casual - we didn't see them turn anyone away.

I know you will have a really good time. Say hi to Ken for us. He treated us special.

Sandy and Del (until December)!!!

Hi Sandy ( and Del)

Thanks for the Splendour info.......are you going to join us on Splendour for South America in '08?

I also hoped I'd see you on the April TA on Brilliance, but it looks like you're off to Hawaii instead!

By the way, not only were we on the Jewel TA , we were on the Brilliance Med cruise too.... so maybe we'll meet again on another future cruise!

Happy Cruising!

Hi Sandy and Rick - Yes, thought we were going on the Brilliance TA but decided to go to Hawaii instead - transpacific. :D We have some friends who really wanted to go to Hawaii and they twisted our arm. :p

No plans for South America as yet and I think we are mostly booked up for 2007. Don't know yet for 2008. We do want to do the Baltic sometime.

I guess our paths didn't cross on the Med cruise. It was a fun one.

Here's to a future cruise together.

Sandy and Del

Very nice pictures........thanks for posting them. I was on the Splendour PRIOR to the CL and loved that ship.......now let's sit back and figure out how to get people in that don't qualify.......:D

Yes, it is very roomy. We enjoyed it more than the Concierge on the Voyager and the Jewel TA's because they were always so crowded. We had about 10 couples that always met in there before dinner and throughly enjoyed our time there.

Sandy

It looks wonderful. Until seeing this, my opinion was that the CL on the Enchantment was the nicest one in the fleet because of its roominess and the floor to ceiling windows. Splendour is one of our favorite Vision class ships and now it is even more appealing. I hope that RCI continues to add CLs to the ships in their fleet.

I am NOT complaining or anything, but THAT is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the CL they put on the Enchantment, which came first.

Oh well. I'll just have to put up with a second class concierge lounge again.

And I see a toaster in the pic:eek: ......none in the EN CL:( ........I like having just an English muffin or bagel for breakfast in the CLs..........

Then again,no hot hor d'horves in the EN one either.......I dont know why.........Some people would tease Julian about it.....We wanted shrimp and chicken!!haha!

Sorry,you'll be slumming next week MM..........:p

Archived