How Many Lobsters DO You Eat on Lobster Night?

LAFFNVEGAS

How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?

• I Do Not Eat Lobster Yuck)
    • Just One, I am trying to watch my Figure.
    • 2 to 3 ( they are Small)
    • 4 to 6 ( What the heck, it's Lobster Night)
    • 7-9 (Remember they are small )
    • 10 or More (Yes I have a connection in the kitchen)

The lobster on the Zuiderdam was small but the beef Wellington was made for Diamond Jim Brady and the filling was fantastic. I had the lobster in two or three bites and was going to get another but when I was done with the tenderloin I forgot about the lobster and got more of the tenderloin. Truly the best I've ever have. To be honest though our Pacific spiny lobster in California is so much better than the Atlantic that there is no comparison and lobster season starts again in just a few weeks so it wasn't much of a choice.

[quote name='rodree']Been on a lot of cruises and have NEVER been served more than one.
They are kinda small and sometimes another would be welcome,but only one is ever offered.[/QUOTE]
You have posted that twice on this thread. If you read through the thread, you will see that you can ask for another one and it's no big deal. If it were, no one would ever ask.

1st cruise was 7 days; missed it, went to the specialty resturant & didn't have a clue.

2nd was 1 day; went to the specialty resturant & it wasn't offered.

3rd was a 5 day repo; didn't offer it.

Of course, lobster is one of may favorites so I guess I'll have to book another cruise just to find out if all that's being said is true. :) :) (imagine a lip smacking smiley).

We love lobster....but never order it on a ship. It doesn't taste anything like the great ones we are used to here in New England. We pick them live from the tank when we get them at home and cook and eat them within the hour. Of course, on the ship they have to have been frozen.

Guest Celestia
On the Statendam recently I ordered the Surf 'n Turf. So-so lobster, not bad but not good enough to order s second one.

OTOH, Prawn Cocktails were consistantly excellent and I'd easily eat two, and would have had a third for dessert if I hadn't been too full!

FW&FS,

C

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A FRESH NEW ENGLAND LOBSTER..

The lobsters are ok but they are not fresh and tend to be overcooked..

I'm from Florida but eat lobster that is flown in from New England-fresh..

That would be a real treat on HA.. FRESH LOBSTER - flown in to St Thomas or elswhere..
Would be a cut above the other cruise lines .............................

[quote name='KenM']THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A FRESH NEW ENGLAND LOBSTER..

The lobsters are ok but they are not fresh and tend to be overcooked..

I'm from Florida but eat lobster that is flown in from New England-fresh..

That would be a real treat on HA.. FRESH LOBSTER - flown in to St Thomas or elswhere..
Would be a cut above the other cruise lines .............................[/QUOTE]
One of the upscale cruise lines does fly in fresh lobster. I think it is SilverSeas, but not absolutely sure.

[b]Yes, it is Silverseas. Pax can request just about any imaginable thing from the Chefs and if it possible for them to get the necessary ingredients (and they will go to considerable extreme), the pax will be served what they desire.[/b]

[b]For the prices they charge, they can afford to do that. I am not (currently) interested in paying those sort of prices. The only cain I like is the largest Suite and it is very pricey. After all the nights we have spent in the "S" on HAL, we would not be happy in their smaller cabins.[/b]

[b]Has anyone here been on Silverseas? I was invited to spend the day aboard and it was wonderful but we are not yet old enough IMO to sail with them even if we wanted to.[/b]

[quote name='sail7seas'][b]Has anyone here been on Silverseas? I was invited to spend the day aboard and it was wonderful but we are not yet old enough IMO to sail with them even if we wanted to.[/b][/QUOTE]
Sail, are you saying that the average age of passenger on Silverseas is older than HAL? I had never heard that stated before. I have friends going on the Radisson the same week we go on the Ryndam and they are considerably younger the Tom and I. Does Radisson draw an older crowd also?

[quote name='sail7seas']We love lobster....but never order it on a ship. It doesn't taste anything like the great ones we are used to here in New England. We pick them live from the tank when we get them at home and cook and eat them within the hour. Of course, on the ship they have to have been frozen.[/QUOTE]
After trying the lobster on a Carnival ship, I have to agree. It was dry and tough - either freezer burned or overcooked.

Slinkie

• 2 months later...
Laffinvegas - I want you to know that I emailed this thread to my DH, who is out of town. He dosen't "do" the BB's. I got a one-line reply:

"I want to sit with Tom."

:D

(Just got a second email:
"[size=2][color=#000080]Please. I want to sit with Tom. You may not want to sit with us, I’ll see you at the dessert table or in the clinic."[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#000080]Now I'll have to break it to him the Tom is not on our trip.)
[/color][/size]

I'm from San Diego and as you might know we are famous for our grilled pterodactyl. So when I go cruisin, I just don't bother with the shipboard pterodactyl, because it just wouldn't be the same as the pterodactyl I'm used to :) All fun aside, the lobster served in the Carnival Conquest supper club is HUGE. Bet you can't eat more than one....o.k. two
[b][color=#0000cc][/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000cc]George[/color][/b]

I can't ever remember being served more than one lobster on any of the ships we have sailed on. I do get teased about all the fish and seafood I eat onboard, so if more than one was ever served to me I am sure I would remember it as a special event. Yum!

Archived