CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Hi All,

I thought this would be a good place to post these sailings that don't have single supplements, now I see that you have discovered them on the other board. Well, so you don't have to go looking....

Ask for PROMO CODE PGSGL100

SHIP SAILING DATE ITINERARY CRUISE DAYS

Dawn 11/02/08 Repo: NY – MIA 13 days

Jewel 09/17/08 Repo: Transatlantic 11days

Jewel 10/28/08 Repo: NY – MIA 12days

Majesty11/01/08 Repo: PHL – CHS 14days

Sun 09/14/08 Repo: VAN – SFO 7days

Sun 11/04/08 Repo: SFO – VAP 19days

Spirit 10/18/08 Repo: NY - New Orleans 13days

Star 09/21/08 Repo: VAN – LAX 6days

That's great to have them listed like that. Thanks!

Thanks for the code too! (although I'm already booked, I'm sure other singles could use it)

There's now a resident rate for a 1A that is about 1320.00 single for the 12 night cruise - and it includes a free upgrade to a 4B.

The Carnival website is acting a bit hinky about giving the correct single occupancy price so you would need to call them or your TA......and I don't know what states are included/excluded - I'm in Maryland.

Em

*happy dancing over a lot of shipboard credit coming*

There's now a resident rate for a 1A that is about 1320.00 single for the 12 night cruise - and it includes a free upgrade to a 4B.

The Carnival website is acting a bit hinky about giving the correct single occupancy price so you would need to call them or your TA......and I don't know what states are included/excluded - I'm in Maryland.

Em

great deal. i hope i can find something like that next year...but it needs to be a cruise that includes Venice.

have fun and let us know how the ports were etc...for a solo traveler

Special thanks to "slider girl" and "zimmerjulie" for your NCL postings. I've happily booked the Sun, San Francisco to Santiago for Nov. 4. 19 days of relaxation and fun for about $75 a day for a JJ.:)

I'm pretty jealous here. I can't take that much time away. I'm going the 6 might Pacific Coastal on Sep. 21. at least there's a few days of total relaxation before winter hits! Have a great cruise!

I booked the NCL Sun Van-SFO repo this morning. I got a BB. I have been thinking about it now for 4 weeks! And finally did it.

Also considered the Star repo Van-La but i have been on that ship twice and never on the Sun.

I also booked a 1A on the Carnival Valor in November. The 1a's were sold out but i kept checking and one popped up, so i snagged it. Not a porthole one, but it is in a quiet location. Had to book it before my airline voucher expired.

So, now i am set. Now i am ready to plan a Mediterranean cruise for next spring or fall. ( it must include Venice).

Thanks for all the hints and tips!

Em

Thanks for the info. I am booked for Carnival Liberty Oct. 2009 ...let's hope the prices go down then too.

Yes, the pricing part of the Carnival website has been more user UN-friendly since they changed it recently ... it seems almost impossible to find out what the rates really are anymore. Why do people think they need to "fix" things when they are working fine as is?

How did you discover the real rates? and the residency rate? If via your TA, without you asking, I can only say I have never found a TA who would do that for me.

suz8483 and NightDawg, glad I could help. That South America cruise looks dreamy! Someday....

slidergirl, did you have any luck with some kind of adjustment or credit for your repo? I loved the Star and am thinking about cruising her again sometime next year. It has been a few years and I've been on a few newer ships since then, so I am hoping that she still lives up to my memory. Let me know how you like it!!

If anyone is interested in an exotic 18 day cruise on an all-balcony ship, Regent's Mariner has a sailing from Auckland to Los Angeles (which is just spiffy for me, since I live in Southern California!) with a very generous 125% single supplement. It moves around the Tahitian islands for a week or so and then crosses the Pacific to end up in LA (December 2 - 20). Interesting, you seem to lose two days traveling to New Zealand, and then gain them coming back. Should be fun.

Anyway, it's not an inexpensive cruise by any means, but on a 6* ship for 18 days with a balcony cabin all to yourself, I was happy with the price. I was looking on Silversea for 2009 and I'll be darned if every single sailing didn't have a 200% single supplement. Wow!

Jane

Sounds sweet!!! I am jealous! ENJOY!

If anyone is interested in an exotic 18 day cruise on an all-balcony ship, Regent's Mariner has a sailing from Auckland to Los Angeles (which is just spiffy for me, since I live in Southern California!) with a very generous 125% single supplement. It moves around the Tahitian islands for a week or so and then crosses the Pacific to end up in LA (December 2 - 20). Interesting, you seem to lose two days traveling to New Zealand, and then gain them coming back. Should be fun.

Anyway, it's not an inexpensive cruise by any means, but on a 6* ship for 18 days with a balcony cabin all to yourself, I was happy with the price. I was looking on Silversea for 2009 and I'll be darned if every single sailing didn't have a 200% single supplement. Wow!

Jane

Jane, hope you have a wonderful time:)

Sounds awesome. Maybe one day down the road my life

will have the time off in a row and the $$$$$ to do that

kind of cruise.

Sounds so exotic!

<How did you discover the real rates? and the residency rate? If via your TA, without you asking, I can only say I have never found a TA who would do that for me.>

It was my roll call folks posting about getting some sizeable obc that caused me to check the Carnival website....and although it wasn't "totalling" correctly - I could tell from the solo rate before taxes that there was a savings to be had.

I don't like the way the website is set up now either...it's not nearly as easy to find the 1As as it used to be....let alone get the prices - so now I start with one of the online agency sites to get pricing - and then move to Carnival's once I know what I want and what it should cost.

My TA didn't catch it - but she'd found me a reduction earlier, so I think she had just stopped looking once final payment was in.

And I hope the same sort of thing happens for you next year. All I can figure is that between our weak economy, higher airfares, and the strong euro/weak dollar - people aren't eager to go to Europe right now...which means it will be less crowded for me :).

Em

Thanks to the deer running into my car and a $900 unexpected veterinarian bill for my dog, I think a fall cruise may be out of the picture for this year. Nancy, would have loved to go on same cruise with you. I'm going with family and friends on an Alaska cruisetour next May (sharing cabin with friend of a friend) so I at least have something to look forward to. That being said, if the accountant ever gets around to filing my taxes, I may be able to sneak in one of the NCL cruises without the single supplement.

Pat from Virginia

suz8483 and NightDawg, glad I could help. That South America cruise looks dreamy! Someday....

slidergirl, did you have any luck with some kind of adjustment or credit for your repo? I loved the Star and am thinking about cruising her again sometime next year. It has been a few years and I've been on a few newer ships since then, so I am hoping that she still lives up to my memory. Let me know how you like it!!

Talked to my TA. Turns out she had already used another single occupancy code to get my fare. So, NCL won't give me another goodie. Oh well.

This will probably be my last "big" vacation until next October. I've booked a 14 day trip to Egypt and Jordan, including a cruise on the Nile. It's sucking quite a bit of my discretionary money, so I'll have to live frugally this year. But, it does some things that I've always wanted to do (see the Pyramids, cruise the Nile, visit Petra, Wadi Rum), so I couldn't pass it up. I'm going with a group of Adventure Women, so it'll be a good girl's trip!

Thanks to the deer running into my car and a $900 unexpected veterinarian bill for my dog, I think a fall cruise may be out of the picture for this year. Nancy, would have loved to go on same cruise with you. I'm going with family and friends on an Alaska cruisetour next May (sharing cabin with friend of a friend) so I at least have something to look forward to. That being said, if the accountant ever gets around to filing my taxes, I may be able to sneak in one of the NCL cruises without the single supplement.

Pat from Virginia

Wish you could make it! Tell your accountant to hurry up with your taxes! That's what's helping pay for my cruise :p .

Great! I was able to book aboard NCL Star for the Vancouver/LA repo cruise on 9/21. Thanks to everyone who offered the suggestion and info.

A great quick and inexpensive getaway!

:)

Hey TheNightDawg,

Congratulations ! :) . Hope you have a great trip!!

RCL's Voyager of the Seas 10 Nov return TA is at an amazing price...on their Tuesday Sales Event - 12 night inside cabin $494.00+ $205.53 fuel / taxes = $699.53.. GREAT Deal for anyone who can grab her...I still have hope my boss will give in & let me take the time off;)

Archived