Why the Journey?

Host Kewlguy

We're both trying to figure out how Celebrity came up with the name "Journey." The name just doesn't fit in at all with the names of the other ships in Celebrity's fleet. And now the latest ship will be "Quest"? Who is thinking up these names behind closed doors at Celebrity's headquarters? Personally, we could have come up with much more imaginative names than these. And for the record: Quest is an adult game played on many cruise ships.

It seems to me that both Journey and Quest go well with Xpedition and the notion that the new Expeditions group of ships will do more unique and adventurous itineraries. Having been on Xpedition to the Galapagos, I'm hoping that future itineraries in this class of ships are equal (or similar) to that one.

We're both trying to figure out how Celebrity came up with the name "Journey." The name just doesn't fit in at all with the names of the other ships in Celebrity's fleet. And now the latest ship will be "Quest"? Who is thinking up these names behind closed doors at Celebrity's headquarters? Personally, we could have come up with much more imaginative names than these. And for the record: Quest is an adult game played on many cruise ships.

I bet they pay some "consultants" mega bucks

to dream up these names. They could have a contest

on the ships for us send in names dreamed up in the

"Bar at The Edge of the Earth"...

In fact, I even remember meeting YOU in the

"Bar at The Edge of the Earth" once too. :D

having to do with the names. Many years ago when the boards were under AOL a very frequent poster who hated Celebrity and had his own Cruise Web Page suggested that Celebrity named their ships after cars and not celestial objects. This was done as a derogatory comment. I guess to carry this on, Journey and Quest keep the tradition going. I will say we had some great arguments over that and also many of the same arguments going on now. Some of the real old posters on this board will remember this.

I bet they pay some "consultants" mega bucks

to dream up these names. They could have a contest

on the ships for us send in names dreamed up in the

"Bar at The Edge of the Earth"...

In fact, I even remember meeting YOU in the

"Bar at The Edge of the Earth" once too. :D

Yes Gary. We met on the Constellation transatlantic back in April. Wish we could have talked more. We'll be sailing both the east and west bound trans in 2007. Maybe you can join us. :)

Yes Gary. We met on the Constellation transatlantic back in April. Wish we could have talked more. We'll be sailing both the east and west bound trans in 2007. Maybe you can join us. :)

That would be fun..

We have 5 cruises booked (so far) for 2007. :D

We have another B2B tied onto the T/A on

the MILLENNIUM in March. (22 days,

incl. Bermuda, Canary Islands, Lisbon Portugal, Vigo Spain)

Ironically, we are travelling with another couple that

was aboard the CONSTELLATION with us at that time.

We plotted, schemed, connived and, planned to do these B2B

cruises, down in the Rendez-Vous Lounge, on the CONNIE.

It became easier to convince the girls with each glass of Merlot.:D

I think that the names Journey and Quest, as another poster has suggested, fit in nicely with the Celebrity Xpeditions brand. Imagination in naming of cruise ships is not a long suit with any of the lines, so to some degree, Celebrity has done a better job with its names for the newest two ships in its fleet. If they provide the quality cruise they promise, the name will be inconsequential.

I agree with your thoughts about Quest and Journey......and, I have not understood where Summit cam from and why it would be the name of a ship....;)

Someone probably figured that cruising is not about going anywhere..

it's not the destination; it's the journey

and stopped at that thought...

and all those quests are the same..

The next one will be called In Search of and the tag line will be:

These are the voyages of XXXXX. Its QUEST: To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no X has gone before.

Archived