Enterprise Car Rental San Pedro

mattR

How dose it work with Enterprise Car Rental to rent a car after a cruise? Do you call them to pick you up? Or do you walk? Take a cab? Should my wife and kids come with or should I get the car and come back to get them?

I provisionally booked a car with Enterprise on their site and everything has been duly confirmed but no specific informtion about being picked up once we get off the ship.

They say in the general blurb to call them to discuss. I have e mailed them saying I cant call them yet since we are in the UK but as yet I have still not received a reply.

My guess if for you to give them a call to firm up on any arrangements. Once we arrive in the USA, Miami probably, I will try and give them a call if I can work out the time difference.

• 1 month later...
easy enough to walk to with bags and kids?

Well, there is a fence in the way, so to go around the fence I would guess at about 1/2 mile ...

Overview.jpg

The Enterprise office is about where the road runs off the photo on the left side. However, you are going to have to walk toward the front of the ship and around the train station (near the top left) to get around the fence.

The Enterprise Website says that they are open until noon on both Sat. and Sun. I sure hope so because we are picking up a car there on Sunday.

Here is what the website says:

233 N HARBOR BL., STE. D

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731-2209

Tel.: (310) 548-8060

Business Hours

(for the week of Apr 9, 2007)

Open Close

Monday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Tuesday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Wednesday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Thursday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Friday 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Saturday 9:00 am Noon

Sunday 9:00 am Noon

Well, if they are open on Sunday, then that is something new. Makes sense though, given there is usually at least one ship docked there every Sunday and the Enterprise rental office is in a prime location to service the cruise pier.

All you have to do is call them when you arrive. There is a phone in the terminal that is a direct link to their office. Or I suppose you could call via cell if you have their phone #. They will send their van over to pick you up. They'll tell you where to wait for them. Give them your name as others were trying to get in the van before us and they hadn't called and all we did was tell the driver that we called for him and he took us before the others because he had our name. It's a very small office and make sure you have a reservation as when we arrived there there were others trying to get cars without reservations and they were being told there were no cars available.

All you have to do is call them when you arrive. There is a phone in the terminal that is a direct link to their office. Or I suppose you could call via cell if you have their phone #. They will send their van over to pick you up. They'll tell you where to wait for them. Give them your name as others were trying to get in the van before us and they hadn't called and all we did was tell the driver that we called for him and he took us before the others because he had our name. It's a very small office and make sure you have a reservation as when we arrived there there were others trying to get cars without reservations and they were being told there were no cars available.

Thanks for the info. Where in the terminal is the phone located? I have a booking directly with them however they don't take a credit card number before hand which seemed strange to me?

There are two terminals at San Pedro. Not sure which one you would be in. We were on the NCL Star. I can't quite remember the layout of the terminal. I just asked someone that was helping people if there was a phone for rental cars and she pointed me to phone.

Hey mattr!

I just wanted to jump in here for a second, and give a big request...

Please, please, please...

Be sure to give us a report/review of your trip and time in LA when you get back...

What hotels you decided to stay in, what worked and was good, what you would suggest to other out of town cruisers, etc...

Anything you can think of would be much appreciated for future cruisers and LA visitors.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you all just have a great time, and "go with the flow" on the big picture, and don't let any minor details get you down.

CJW

Archived