advice on Enchantment

I've been on 13 RCL cruises and loved them all but have only been on the Voyager Class and the Radiance Class and 3 times on the Majesty.

My son & Daughter in law have never been on a cruise before and are thinking about taking the Enchantement out of Ft Lauderdale but I don't know anything about it.

Anyone been on the Enchantment lately since it's been refurbished? How does it compare to the newer RCL ships?

I've been talking to them about how much I love RCL and the ships and I want them to have a great cruise experience the first time they go and I'm not feeling too confiant about the Enchantement.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

We have been on the EN twice........last time was Nov 30th...........have to say it was one of my fav ships.............and I have been on every class(well,except for the Freedoom class)..............it is a very pretty ship and reminds me alot of the Radiance class..............I would go back again in a heartbeat...

I've been on 13 RCL cruises and loved them all but have only been on the Voyager Class and the Radiance Class and 3 times on the Majesty.

My son & Daughter in law have never been on a cruise before and are thinking about taking the Enchantement out of Ft Lauderdale but I don't know anything about it.

Anyone been on the Enchantment lately since it's been refurbished? How does it compare to the newer RCL ships?

I've been talking to them about how much I love RCL and the ships and I want them to have a great cruise experience the first time they go and I'm not feeling too confiant about the Enchantement.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Click on both of the Enchantment links in my signature for the answers to all of your questions. :)

Oh, I love the Enchantment. Was on twice, once before and once after the stretch. She is beautiful and the enhancements are great. I wish she'd start doing 7 day trips, I'd love to sail her again!

Tanya

She will be doing (2) 7 nighters..............one Nov 19,2007 and the other April 19,2008:)

I've been on Enchantment twice, once before the stretch/refurb and once shortly after. I've been on Navigator and Sovereign as well. So far, Enchantment is my favorite, and the refurb/stretch made great improvements. My personal favorites from the stretch are Chops, the new coffee bar, Boleros, and the cool new "bridges" on the pool deck. I prefer the open feeling of the centrum on Enchantment over the Royal Promenade on Navigator. I was disappointed that our favorite spot to relax on deck was replaced with the bungee trampoline thing. (Forward, on top of Windjammer.)

Ironically enough, I have never been to the main dining room on Enchantment... but Chops was excellent and Windjammer was good. I didn't notice that it felt any more crowded since the stretch either.

If you like Radiance better than Voyager-class, then I bet you'll really like Enchantment. I'm looking forward to my first Radiance cruise on ROS in March.

Have fun.

I agree with everyone else. We took our first cruise on Enchantment this past July and absolutely loved it. Booked 2 more cruises since then, and are planning Christmas '07 with the whole family aboard Enchantment again!

I don't intend for this to sound like a slam of Enchantment, I adored her as I do all of the RC trips I've taken... but she did lack in some areas of note for a younger crowd after her enhancements. If these areas aren't HIGH on your list, there is nothing else of note that I'd offer as a worry/detraction.

For one, the viking crown lounge was poorly laid out and easily crowded beyond the ability to "see" what was going on without crowding around the dance area.

As to the bungee area it was open once on our trip and closed for the remainder... bummed me out I didn't head there for that first pass! I'm thinking since we're not seeing these appearing on other ships that it's likely that the winds etc effect their use a bit too easily.

JC

Archived