Recent Star Sailing Missed Cozumel?

rolloman

Does anyone have a review of this voyage you can post? I talked my brother into going on the sailing which left last Saturday and he said the seas were rough, he became sea sick and you missed Cozumel? I would like to hear from a seasoned cruiser how bad it really was. Either way I will feel bad as I probably over-hyped cruising. He did say he had a great time though.

I was on the Crystal Serenity last week doing an itinerary which included Grand Caymen, Grand Turks and Key West. So not exactly Western but we did go West for the Caymens.

I thought it was pretty rough towards the end of our cruise (we ended on Friday) - especially Wednesday during the day and evening. Thursday we were in port so I don't know what it was like then. I have been on 20 plus cruises and our ship's movement on Wednesday did bother me - though I have had it worse on 2 other cruises. Wednesday night I was in a front lounge watching a show and I could definitely feel the movement. The CD asked us to to applaud the dancers because he said they performed flawlessly despite the movement.

I don't remember what day of the week the ship is in Cozumel...

I too was on the Star last week. It was rough a few hours after we left Grand Cayman en route to Cozumel (Tuesday night) and never really calmed down overnight. I wouldn't call myself a seasoned cruiser but I was playing cards on the same level as the pool and watched the pool water crash from side to side resulting in it splashing about 8ft into the air on either end. There were some workers standing around to make sure no one got too close. While I did not get seasick, a few in our party did. The captain waited until the last hour before port time to announce we would not be able to stop due to a dangerous tendering situation because of the waves. I believe the TV showed 20-25ft waves (not sure if that's high, but I believe that's what it said). It was also very rocky on Thursday and Friday nights. I was slipping off the chair up in Skywalker's Thursday night and could not stay balanced while trying to pack up on Friday night. I don't believe anyone was hurt but it was quite rocky and a lot of folks did get sick. Let's just say I've got crazy sea legs now but still had a wonderful time! :)

We just returned from a western Carribean cruise yesterday. We were in Cozumel on Thursday along with at least 6 other ships. The weather that day in Cozumel was fine until about 4:30pm, at which time it began to rain. I don't think it rained long. The seas on Friday going back to Tampa were rough though and the winds about 25/hr.

The weather prior in the week was great until Wednesday--we got rained out in Belize,but we did NOT skip port. I heard from others on others ships that they did skip some ports due to a "storm", but do not know details.

From everything I read the Star last week wasn't suppose to tender in - it was suppose to dock - but the star and the majesty both missed cozumel and the web cam for cozumel has been down since that morning of the day the star missed cozumel.

Not sure about the other ships or if the Star just changed plans mid-cruise but the captain's explanation over the PA was that tendering would be too dangerous if we ported in Cozumel on Wednesday. Maybe the dock was full with other ships? Dunno but it was definitely rocky so the capt'ns explanation seemed legit.

Archived