Anyone taken the 3 or 4 day Monarch of the Seas cruise?

Reltco

We have done both. The 3 day leaves Fri and back Mon. The only stop is Ensenada. The four day depart Mon return Fri goes to San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada. They are both fun cruises.

Our 3 day was a murder mystery cruise. It was really a lot of fun.

The Monarch is a great ship. It's an older ship but I love it and have cruised her many times. Great crew. Love the dueling pianos. Living in San Diego is so convenient. Many people fly into so Ca just to take a cruise on her. We're just so lucky to have her here for those getaways.

Robin :cool:

We were on the Monarch from 12/11/06 to 12/15/06. It's a nice cruise! The 4-night is like a compressed 7-night, and they do manage to squeeze in most of the one week cruise amenities.

I especially like the multi-level Windjammer, with the pizza/sandwich/dessert level (forgot the name), and then Jade up on top.

We enjoyed it.

My fiance, myself and three of our collective teens went last year! We enjoyed it so much we've taken two cruises since then. The ship was great, food better than carnival! We did the zoo, which you know already since you live there, we got off the ship in Ensenada and just shopped, ate authentic food and made some good deals! It was fun! It's a nice little cruise! Have fun and if you live there, geeeez, go! No air fare for you you are lucky!

We've done the 3-nighter half a dozen times now! I'm trying a 4-nighter in May with a bunch of Cruise Critics - that ought to be something!:D

We love the Monarch for a weekend getaway. On the weekends, she sails packed to the rafters and then some, but it's never an unruly crowd - just some people in search of fun and relaxation!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT !!!! as Lady Lawyer would say. As you can see we love the Monarch. We have only sailed her and our next cruise in 2 weeks is the Freedom... When we jump, we jump BIG...LOL We like to do the Monarch 3-4 times a year. Fun weekend getaway!

We did the 4 night three years ago in March 04. We were out in San Diego because DD was skating in the USFA National Synchronized Skating Championships and we wanted something different to do after the competition.

We had a great time and the price at the time was unreal - $150 a person for an inside cabin.

We went last year for the 4 day. It was wonderful--much better than my expectations for a short cruise. We liked it so much that we are going again in April.

Dandylyon,

Hope to see you there. April is when DW and I are thinking of going.

reltco

We did the 4 night three years ago in March 04. We were out in San Diego because DD was skating in the USFA National Synchronized Skating Championships and we wanted something different to do after the competition.

We had a great time and the price at the time was unreal - $150 a person for an inside cabin.

How exciting for your DD. I was a competive skater in the '60's. Wish I could still skate.

We've sailed the Monarch many times. Both the 3 and 4 day. Love her. Go with your gut and try it. I don't think you will disappointed. All it will cost you is a drive to San Pedro.

Enjoy

We are signed on to do a b2b Monarch 3 day and 4 day cruise beginning Feb 23. The first leg is in an inside cabin on the sixth deck and the 4 day 2nd leg is in our 1st JR Suite. I can't wait. We are arriving in San Pedro on Feb 22 and spending the night. This is our 1st cruise as RCCL Platinum members. I LOve RCCL!!!

Archived